LOVE - Opinions, etc - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 4th November 2012, 05:21 AM
P.S II Initiate

^I prefer the orchestra version of "Song 4 U" as well.
Old 4th November 2012, 05:45 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Song 4 u : the title is kinda putting me off. listened to the preview and I really liked it but after the full song leaked i feel something lack and not as powerful as progress

Missing : I dont like the short PV version but after 3 minutes leaked I started repeat it every now and then. IMO missing is the strongest track of the album, classic and beautiful. somehow reminds me to a better version of momentum.

Melody : not really impressive
Old 4th November 2012, 06:21 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
"Missing" just seems to be missing a part in the 4:09

Remixes = Meh.

no one will never beat the "Rule (80kidz's "No More Rule" remix)"
The production/beat of that song is freaking killer!
Old 4th November 2012, 06:43 AM
Dolls Initiate

Missing does sound kinda like M o_O
Old 4th November 2012, 07:20 AM
forgiveness Initiate

i just cant believe that this is listed as a mini-album... "A" has almost the same amount of songs/remixes/instrumental and yet it's a single. XD.

but so far, i like the songs that i hear.
Old 4th November 2012, 07:25 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

Song 4 u is nice, a bit too game/anime-ish for me but it's a theme song so that's no surprise XD

Missing is nice too, I like the build-up. It's not her best to me as some people have been saying, but it's nice.

Melody is bland to my ears. The melody and lyrics don't stand out to me.

Overall, it's an alright single to me (I refuse to call this an album XD). I don't understand why some people call these songs reminiscent of the 'old' Ayu though, but to each his own I guess
Old 4th November 2012, 07:29 AM
Trauma Initiate

song 4 us is perfect
missing is pretty good
melody is perfect
dont care bout the rest
except song 4 u's orchestra mix
thats perf too
Old 4th November 2012, 08:03 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

based on just the original mixes, I love them. Missing being the all time beast of the release. I mean, I really... really love Missing. It must already be up to 100 listens on my iTunes. I don't listen to remixes though, I've never been that type of person. Maybe I will though. I mean, why not? hahaha.

Anyway, I've been a huge supporter of Ayu for... wow... a long time, but I kinda lost a little faith after You and Me, but hell this brought me right back. It was like she slapped me in the face and said "I'm still awesome, damn it!" hahahaha.

Great release. Now I'm totally psyched for next month.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Old 4th November 2012, 09:50 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Song 4 u - 9/10 This song is pretty much epic sounding. Is a perfect game song. progress is still much better, but its still a really good song. EeeYaaaEeeYaaaa, EeeYaaaEeeYaaaYaaaYaaa. hahahaha <3

Missing - 9/10 I LOVE this song. Its like a heavier pop with a great beat. This is the kind of music that keeps bring me back every time. I at first didn't know what to think being that I originally loved Song 4 u, but now I can't stop listening to it. The only thing I didn't like was the piano scales on the chorus. :/

Melody - 6.5/10 I really dont know what to think of this song. Its alright, not my favorite though. It does sound classic. Thats why I think its tolerable. Hah. It is growing on me though.

Orchestra remix - 9/10 WOW, this is a really awesome version. I prefer it to the original. I wish there was a orchestra version for all the songs on LOVE.

You & Me (remo-con) - 8.5/10 This is my JAM. Super awesome remix! And catchy!

Missing (Dubscribe) - 1/10 GTFO. I understand why there is a dubstep remix, being that it is super popular now, but no. My ears are bleeding. Should be on the ayu-mi-x 6 albums with the other blahhhh.

Other remixes - 5/10 Just generic mixes. Nothing special.

Song 4 u (video) - 6/10 Nice concept, but is is SOOO boring. Right when I think there is going to be an epic battle between white and black, its over.... great. :/

Missing (video) - 8/10 Beautiful. It really fits the music. It is exactly what I needed from her, something classy being that she is no longer a young pop star, but a sophisticated superstar.
Old 4th November 2012, 10:02 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
Missing does sound kinda like M o_O
i thought momentum sounded like M more..LOL...in terms of progression.

M-momentum-Missing.... MMM...
Old 4th November 2012, 12:08 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I'm so pleased, she really got her **** together for this mini (lol just kidding)

I'm having trouble choosing my favorite song on the album, Song 4 U is just pure love for me.. it's a pretty typical Ayu song, just with a more anime sound. It's one of those songs i just love instantly. I don't even have a problem with it being short, it's pretty unique in her discography considering most of her songs are 4 to 5 minutes long. 10/10.

Missing is epicness all around, i've been playing the PV preview like a 100 times and was so afraid that i wouldn't love the full version as much. But the song just gets better and better as it progresses! That piano before the 2th chorus is BEAUTIFUL! Amazing track. 10/10

Melody is a nice little surprise, while not overly amazing it still manages to sound stunning. I actually enjoy it A LOT! It's such a fresh and relaxing little tune. It sounds like Duty & Love Songs had a child, and i love it. What's really great about it, for me at least. Is that here we have two pretty loud, epic ballad tracks starting off the album.. i could expect that to tire me sometime in the future. But Melody could save that, especially cause it's so laidback.. it's a fresh breath of air on the album. 8/10

Amazing mini, i hope she keeps it up for "again" And one of the reasons i love the album even more is. I haven't seen people enjoying an album *cough* single *cough* of Ayu's so much since like.. forever. Makes me happy

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Old 4th November 2012, 12:52 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

I listened to the mini in full yesterday (apart from the instrumentals, I admit) and so, here are my thoughts. I hadn't listened to any of the clips etc of the songs; although I did watch the CM for LOVE.

Song 4 u

I admit, the title really put me off. A "4"? The use of "u" instead of "you"? Aaw man. But I'm a snob that way. Anyway, I'm really impressed by the intro to the song - until at about eight seconds in when that cheap riff comes in..but oh well. Ayu starts singing pretty early, and her vocals are really clear and concise. Unfortunately, I'm not too impressed by the song in general. It's definitely something that's listenable and isn't a bad song at all, but it brings nothing new to Ayu's discography and I feel as if it's just a mash-up of other songs, but in a bad way. As if they looked at what else worked and pieced together little parts of them, but without the song itself having its own catchy hook to make it stand out. However, I'm really happy with her vocals and by the end I was humming along, so it can't be that bad! 3/5

Missing

The start of the song is nothing too special. It, for whatever reason, gave me Sweet Season vibes straight off the bat and it made me cringe a little. I'm guessing the lyrics are what makes this song super special - if I was a casual listener, I might have lost interest by the time the song finally crashes in with some awesome around the 1 minute mark. It builds up to the chorus really well, and in all showcases Ayu's improved vocals a lot.

I have to say, this is my favourite song from LOVE. The piano riff through the chorus is just perfection, and the whole song is very catchy. I love the bridge and for a few seconds, it reminded me of some of her darker ballads. I wish it had continued a little down that path, but I digress. The verses are a bit of a let down, but in all I feel it's a very strong song. 4/5

Melody

Another intro that reminds me of Sweet Season and other medium-ballad songs. However, the acoustic guitar and her voice leading the verses is actually a nice change from it being full of cheap synths - ah, no. They've just kicked in. Shame.

Still, it's a nice little melody () and I have to admit, I do have a big soft spot for the chorus. I can imagine this being the type of song that grows on you and ends up being in your head quite a lot, if you give it the chance. This song actually wouldn't look out of place on MY STORY, it has a huge nostalgia vibe..for me, anyway. (Also, I love the way she says melody. ) Anyway, a nice song to relax to, but I wish it sounded more natural, with more of the acoustic guitar and less of the..fake stuff. 3/5

Overall, I'd give the three main songs a: 3/5 I do enjoy them a lot, and it's a strong mini for Ayu. However, it's missing (..hah) something.

Remixes:

Song 4 u (Orchestra version): I love the intro even more here, very game-theme like and dramatic. It kinda gave me Disney vibes with the way it led into Ayu singing. Although there's nothing hugely different, nothing has been particularly rearranged or anything, I do prefer this to the actual song. But I'm a total sucker for most Orchestra remixes, so. Biased! 4.5/5

You & Me (SHINICHI OSAWA remix): I actually don't like You & Me that much, I feel it is one of Ayu's weakest songs. However, this very Western-sounding remix puts it right into the category you'd expect to be played in clubs and the intro'ing beat reminded me of the mixes you'd find on a Rihanna album. Gives the song a lot more of a beat and I..actually like it, a lot. Good remix and gave the song a refreshing dance vibe that works for me much better than the original did. 3.5/5

You & Me (Remo-con rmx - Extended):: Two remixes for You & Me? That's surprising. The style of this is a bit all over the place - the intro is a bit overly-long, as is the general remix unfortunately. Nothing too special, just another club-friendly mix. Still better than the original though! (..yeah, I really don't like the original mix. Sorry!) 2/5

Missing (Dubscribe remix): I've heard a lot about Ayu's trip to the dark side of dubstep. I actually don't mind it, if it's used right, so I was looking forward to how well dubstep can be incooperated to Ayu's music. I thought parts of this were actually really interesting...but nothing was too inspired...and then suddenly my ears are attacked with random noises and dubstep that has nothing to do with Missing's melody or composition, they're just...there. Way to slam it into our faces that this is a dubstep remix. Anyway, parts of the song are okay (such as the chorus') but I have no idea what the hell is going on for most of it. 2/5

Melody (BROKEN HAZE remix): This reminds me a lot of her older remixes. The intro is very reminiscent of some of the remixes done for her A Song for XX album imo, and so I instantly warmed to it. (Nostalgiaaa) But woah, what happens past the 1 minute mark? That was random. Some parts of this remix are quite random, but I like some of the stuff implemented and overall, it's a remix I enjoyed listening to. 3.5/5
Old 4th November 2012, 03:04 PM
Replace Initiate

this is the first release I like for a while. may say that nothing too great, except the covers and Numero shoot, but the PVs are not that bad either. I like the music too
Old 4th November 2012, 03:40 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual-Emotion View Post
Song 4 u - 9/10 This song is pretty much epic sounding. Is a perfect game song. progress is still much better, but its still a really good song. EeeYaaaEeeYaaaa, EeeYaaaEeeYaaaYaaaYaaa. hahahaha <3

Missing - 9/10 I LOVE this song. Its like a heavier pop with a great beat. This is the kind of music that keeps bring me back every time. I at first didn't know what to think being that I originally loved Song 4 u, but now I can't stop listening to it. The only thing I didn't like was the piano scales on the chorus. :/

Melody - 6.5/10 I really dont know what to think of this song. Its alright, not my favorite though. It does sound classic. Thats why I think its tolerable. Hah. It is growing on me though.

Orchestra remix - 9/10 WOW, this is a really awesome version. I prefer it to the original. I wish there was a orchestra version for all the songs on LOVE.

You & Me (remo-con) - 8.5/10 This is my JAM. Super awesome remix! And catchy!

Missing (Dubscribe) - 1/10 GTFO. I understand why there is a dubstep remix, being that it is super popular now, but no. My ears are bleeding. Should be on the ayu-mi-x 6 albums with the other blahhhh.

Other remixes - 5/10 Just generic mixes. Nothing special.

Song 4 u (video) - 6/10 Nice concept, but is is SOOO boring. Right when I think there is going to be an epic battle between white and black, its over.... great. :/

Missing (video) - 8/10 Beautiful. It really fits the music. It is exactly what I needed from her, something classy being that she is no longer a young pop star, but a sophisticated superstar.
I wanna tattoo this lmao epic

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 4th November 2012, 03:59 PM
YOU Initiate

I hope they can make it double chorus at the end without those 2 lines before 4:09
Old 4th November 2012, 04:06 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
"Missing" just seems to be missing a part in the 4:09

Remixes = Meh.

no one will never beat the "Rule (80kidz's "No More Rule" remix)"
Absolutely ADORE that remix!!

But yeahhh, the remixes on LOVE, I could have done without. Especially Dubscribe.
( -____________- )
Old 4th November 2012, 04:20 PM
No way to say Initiate

The remixes are the highlights for me (apart from the You & Me remixes). The Song 4 U is boring and a waste of a concept/idea. Missing's PV is pretty but again boring..I was waiting for something to happen but nothing did.
Old 4th November 2012, 04:57 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

LOVE is truly ayuish.
I'm happy when she experiment but I love when she come back to her usual musical style as well. And LOVE is doing it right.

I loved Song 4 u since the XILLIA ver. and I'm so happy the longer version didn't disappoint me.

Unlike most of the people on AHS, I have mixed feelings about Missing.
I find it a great song, it reminds me Ayu golden age but in the other hand I really can't get over that annoying cut. It's much rather a mistake than a dramatic pause for me. If it were much longer Missing would be perfect.

And then.. Melody. I've never been so surprised by a song since crossroad. I didn't really liked the preview, but now I love it.
Her voice is amazing, I never heard Ayu's voice so clear since forever (but I can say that even for other two tracks though). Also it's really nostalgic, the beginning reminds me TO BE a lot.
The more I listen to Melody, the more I think it would be my favorite LOVE's track .

About the remixes:
The only I like are Melody (BROKEN HAZE remix) and You & Me (SHINICHI OSAWA remix). Other ones are pretty forgettable, especially the dubstep one. Ugh, sorry it's just.. I can't . The orchestra version is just nice :/ a bit generic but not bad imo.

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 5th November 2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 4th November 2012, 05:35 PM
ever free Initiate

Just listened to LOVE!!!

Song 4 u - I was really excited for this song and PV, and found the PV to be really anti-climatic :/ I was hoping the two Ayus at the end would whip out some swords and duke it out or something lmaO BUT I GUESS NOT... Song's still really good, although it feels a little too short :/

Missing - I LOVE THIS OMG... It's so classic Ayu and I love the piano in the chorus. That weird one second pause thing completely threw me off, I thought there was something wrong with my file >_> But yeah, it's very refreshing ;3

Melody - tbh I was kind of convinced I'd hate this song 'cause it seemed bland from the preview, but it's actually really nice and relaxing. Kind of reminds me of Sweet Season except less cheesy haha.

The remixes are... alright. The You & Me Remo-con rmx literally sounds like a reject Skrillex remix lmao but I enjoyed the remixes a lot more than a lot of others we've gotten recently on singles and such so it's all good

Also, can I just say how fantastic Ayu's voice sounds on this mini??? Especially on Missing. I was pleasantly surprised ;3

Old 4th November 2012, 06:06 PM
SAKURA Initiate

'LOVE" is such a good mini album! "Melody" is so lovely! such a nice ballad. 'Missing" & "Song 4 u" are amazing, too!

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, love, melody, missing, song 4 u