[Utada Hikaru] The 50th Thread of Utada Hikaru - First Love -15th Anniversary Edition- released 2014 - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 13th March 2014, 04:06 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taishaku View Post
... That's one of her best ballads =/, and one of the best drama tie-ins ever (Hana Yori Dango 2). I think she sings very passionately and the lyrics are better suited for the ballad version than to the original one, but to each his own I guess.
To me it sounds like she's constipated. Like she's singing while simultaneously flexing her stomach to try and push out a stubborn bowel movement. To someone who can't interpret the meaning of the words as she speaks / sings them, that's the feeling I get of the ballad version. Then the chorus is her longing for the days when she isn't constipated. The days her bowel movements went so smoothly. She's longing for those days. Reminiscent. But ah, that's just the flavor of life. Sometimes something so simple as using the toilet can unexpectedly become a difficult thing to achieve. And she can do nothing but wait for the feeling to pass.

I can see the PV being a simple one-shot ordeal similar to Simple and Clean. Balled up toilet paper in her hand. She's depressed and a bit frustrated while sitting on the toilet.

Listen to the song with this in mind. It'll change your perception of the song forever. Lol.

And the twist? That experience gave her the inspiration to write "Devil Inside". She got to thinking "maybe there's a devil... Somewhere really deep inside me...?" It was only years later that she recalled her experience and process of writing that song that she decided to write Flavor of Life.

Last edited by Zeke.; 13th March 2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 13th March 2014, 04:12 AM
Trauma Initiate

The demo version of Movin'on Without You <3

Too many feels <3

Old 13th March 2014, 04:16 AM
appears Initiate

I'll jump on the topic of disliked songs. I hated Kremlin Dusk for a long time. What a mess. I would cringe and feel awkward during the part where she feels the need to practice her warmup scales. "you... calling you calling you"

But at this point I've come to appreciate it as definitely her most experimental sounding song, and I think it has some of her best lyrics.
Old 13th March 2014, 05:20 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
To me it sounds like she's constipated. Like she's singing while simultaneously flexing her stomach to try and push out a stubborn bowel movement. To someone who can't interpret the meaning of the words as she speaks / sings them, that's the feeling I get of the ballad version. Then the chorus is her longing for the days when she isn't constipated. The days her bowel movements went so smoothly. She's longing for those days. Reminiscent. But ah, that's just the flavor of life. Sometimes something so simple as using the toilet can unexpectedly become a difficult thing to achieve. And she can do nothing but wait for the feeling to pass.

I can see the PV being a simple one-shot ordeal similar to Simple and Clean. Balled up toilet paper in her hand. She's depressed and a bit frustrated while sitting on the toilet.

Listen to the song with this in mind. It'll change your perception of the song forever. Lol.

And the twist? That experience gave her the inspiration to write "Devil Inside". She got to thinking "maybe there's a devil... Somewhere really deep inside me...?" It was only years later that she recalled her experience and process of writing that song that she decided to write Flavor of Life.
What the fuck did I just read
Old 13th March 2014, 09:08 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
What the fuck did I just read
Lol, everyone poops - even Utada!

Let's change album titles to reference so. I'll start.

"First Dump"

Lol, just kidding. That's just asking for trouble again.

Last edited by Zeke.; 13th March 2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 13th March 2014, 12:41 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
^Aren't the sales from 2 days? Well the limited edition was limited to 10k copies so it only sold 667 copies of regular editions o.O

Ayu's re-releases (Only new thing were remixes) sold at least 20k each
When did ayu re-released stuff? Or you mean those early singles' re-releases? If so.. well they were released in ayu's prime time, and the fact that physical sales were still doing super back in the 2001. I dun think you can compare sales in 2001 with the ones in 2014, that's just so unrealistic.

Back to First Love's sales. I never expect it would do great since it's just a re-release with the company adding some "goodies" which they just found in the recycle bin (I won't say.. garbage bin... lol). If she's as popular as AKB rite now, probly this album can sell 100K more. But she's not, and as a fact that this is an old album (15 years ago), getting 10K sales in four days is good enough. Look at some other active artists such as kuu, ayu, etc, and I consider this is actually a success.
Old 13th March 2014, 02:41 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:

Lol. I get it, you hate the song.
Old 13th March 2014, 03:21 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Lol, everyone poops - even Utada!

Let's change album titles to reference so. I'll start.

"First Dump"

Lol, just kidding. That's just asking for trouble again.
...POOP STATION

Okay let's not do this LOL
Old 13th March 2014, 03:25 PM
And Then Initiate

You Make Me Want To Take A Dump?
Old 13th March 2014, 06:57 PM
Greatful days Initiate

"Keep Strainin'"

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 13th March 2014, 09:59 PM
rainy day Initiate

Lol ok I honestly didn't mean to start something, I just made a joke about it.
Old 13th March 2014, 11:55 PM
too late Initiate

Let's not, please... (damn tempted though)

I love Arashi no Megami. "okaasan ni aitai..." gets me every time.

Old 14th March 2014, 03:16 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Let's not, please... (damn tempted though)

I love Arashi no Megami. "okaasan ni aitai..." gets me every time.
It's heartbreaking to think that her mother took her life not too long ago. It brings a whole, sad new meaning to the song. :/
Old 14th March 2014, 03:16 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
I'm also not a fan of First Love (the song). I find it quite bland and uninspiring.
I can't stand the song nor the album as a whole.
Old 19th March 2014, 05:00 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoa62 View Post
Everything is on baidu

Photobook pics:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2913506329

First Love 15th Anniversary DL
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2912104029

First Love Instrumental CD DL
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2914028011

First Love Bonus CD DL
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2913242804
I really, really want to download these but this stupid site isn't going to let me. Is there any possibility for someone to upload these to MEGA or mediafire? Those would work perfectly fine for me, and I really want to listen to these because First Love is a awesome album~ ;_;

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 19th March 2014, 09:08 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Well I mean look at Flavor of Life -Ballad Version-. She sounds dead in that song, it's so absolutely boring and I enjoy beautiful pieces of music but that is just so mediocre. The original mix is superb and has this subtle funk about it with a really great arrangement I feel, so I basically detest the ballad version. If it comes up on my iPod I have literally said out loud "Oh Hell no, I'm not listening to this shit" and had to walk over to my stereo to skip it. Lol.
Me too, I detest the ballad version so much. I remember being so confused when I saw it had like 2 plays in iTunes once before I deleted it altogether. It's so wretched. The original version is tho.
Old 23rd March 2014, 12:27 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I can't stand her English albums. They're so contrived and cheesy. It's still hard for me to believe that someone I consider to be close to genius musically could tank so hard just from switching language, and twice.

I do like Apple and Cinanmon though. That's it. And I don't even listen to it.
de tu puņo y letra
Old 23rd March 2014, 05:14 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
I can't stand her English albums. They're so contrived and cheesy. It's still hard for me to believe that someone I consider to be close to genius musically could tank so hard just from switching language, and twice.

I do like Apple and Cinanmon though. That's it. And I don't even listen to it.
I love most of Exodus but I really can't stand most of This is the one...
Old 23rd March 2014, 06:54 PM
Initiate

Exodus 'o4 is amazing!
Old 23rd March 2014, 07:00 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Only songs shes ever done which I dont like are Poppin & Let Me Give You My Love. I wouldnt say all others are flawless. Theres still ones I like more than others, but I do honestly enjoy all the others. ♥

Tags
hikki, utada hikaru