[Namie Amuro] You Know She's Always Photo-genic 2015.06.10 on sale! ♛86th thread♛ - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2015, 04:52 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I hope stranger is Namie's "I'm lonely"
Old 2nd May 2015, 05:00 PM
forgiveness Initiate

^From what we had so far, it could be the album's jammin' track. It's much more energetic than the rest of the preview tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
I just want another song musically and lyrically like WANT ME, WANT ME is that too much to ask for.
For some reason I just loooove singing WANT ME WANT ME even with the difficult-near-tongue-twister lyric, it's just addicting and sexy lol
Old 2nd May 2015, 05:04 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
I just want another song musically and lyrically like WANT ME, WANT ME is that too much to ask for.
I'm still surprised Namie recorded such a sl*t anthem back then, i always thought of her like a classy housewife walking the dogs, feeding pigeons and then she goes all Christina Aguilera Stripped-era on us like what.

I'm here for part 2 too tho.

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Old 2nd May 2015, 05:17 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Yaaas
Better than all of kumi's sex songs tbh.
Old 2nd May 2015, 05:28 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I am oochie, la la poppin' coochie~~

Honestly even the preview for Stranger isn't as exciting to me as the first preview we got. I was really hoping the chorus would be explosive and in your face, but the beginning of the song is still really ~busy and I feel like it makes the chorus less impactful. (who are we kidding tho, I'll still jam to it)
Old 2nd May 2015, 05:38 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benikari47 View Post
I'm still surprised Namie recorded such a sl*t anthem back then, i always thought of her like a classy housewife walking the dogs, feeding pigeons and then she goes all Christina Aguilera Stripped-era on us like what.

I'm here for part 2 too tho.
Actually, Namie found out WANT ME, WANT ME was about sex long time after she had already recorded the song hahaha

Old 2nd May 2015, 05:40 PM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benikari47 View Post
It's very reminiscent of one of my favorite songs "Brother my Brother" from the first Pokémon movie, it's like my childhood in one song.

Am i the only one having a hard time getting into Space Invader? Guess it's going to be this album's Poision for me, listenable but unmemorable.
Oh man, that song sure is a walk down memory lane.

I'm not really into Space Invader either yet. It's ok I guess.
Old 2nd May 2015, 06:59 PM
SCAR Initiate

I didn't know this WANT ME WANT ME track so I went to check it.

Quote:
Anything you want me to do
I can do you, I can do you
From corner to corner, from behind
Up to my face, all over
Baby, let me taste it, taste it
So much that I'm amazed
Old 2nd May 2015, 07:19 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

W me W me was my first track and is still my second favourite (Put em up still holds the 700+ and I'm still listening to it place...W me W me isn't far behind though)

however...Photogenic is the only track that sounds anything like I imagined this album to be
Old 2nd May 2015, 07:44 PM
immature Initiate

album package:

INSTAGRAM

Old 2nd May 2015, 08:20 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Just listened to the previews. Sounds nice, but I'm so tired of her Engrish songs. The song may be good, but I get so distracted with her pronunciation that I can't really appreciate it, and sounds so generic. FEEL is already one of her weakest albums imo (I still like it, but it was so underwhelming when it came out), _genic doesn't sound much more promising. I hope I'm wrong though, hopefully I'll like it more when the full album comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
Honestly even the preview for Stranger isn't as exciting to me as the first preview we got. I was really hoping the chorus would be explosive and in your face, but the beginning of the song is still really ~busy and I feel like it makes the chorus less impactful. (who are we kidding tho, I'll still jam to it)
mte

Quote:
THIS.

Old 2nd May 2015, 09:16 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Am i the only one who think it's a little bit "rude" to cover such a recent song? To me a cover is supposed to pay a tribute to the song, not just replace the vocals. If I was the original singer i'd think "Oh this bitch thought her vocals would fit better and include it in her album, ok"

There ain't only one song that i'd think "ha it sucks" when i listen to the preview, however they all sounded the same? I don't know, some did make an impression on me, but some sounded pretty forgettable, i'll see with the full album! Also meh @ all the english
Well Che'Nelle also had a cover of Titanium but it was on the japanese release of his album so not quite the same but still both david guetta

tumblr

Old 2nd May 2015, 09:29 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
But these were Japanese.

People really aren't bothered by the likes of "let me hear you say oh oh" (which we already had something similiar in YEAH-OH, WoWa, LaLaLaLa etc.), or stuff like that.

And lyrics might bother people when they want to sing along and they find themselves sing things that don't make sense or just have often repeated themes in a few songs on the album.

Like someone here said, it would be cool if namie would have a fresh lyrical team or at least someone who would make emphasis on lyrics originally and correction -nothing deep-. Clearly though, it's not a must when you release it to the Japanese audience and that's the main reason why lyrics are as they are.
that's exactly my point xD Her Japanese lyrics at least some songs have some sort of depth in them. While what she has with english could be written by a 5 year old lol
then why bother adding words at all if it won't matter to the japanese audience? just go "lalala" or "say yeah yeah yeah" the whole song, it's the same shit lol they won't mind lol
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:50 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Namie may not be an "artist" and may be just a pop singer and dancer, but I still find the lyrical situation so stupid. This is the kind of stuff that gives pop a bad rap. It's not even that the lyrics are stupid (they are) but the fact that there's not even a pretense of meaning here annoys me. The lyrical content won't hurt my enjoyment of the album (the Engrish nonsense will) because I don't listen to Namie for any imagined artistry, but it annoys me all the same.

Pop is plenty capable of producing songs that, while they might not be incredibly artistic or innovative, are still meaningful or purposeful. Songs about being attractive and clubbing really only function for passing time getting ready for girls' night out or whatever. I mean, lyrically, this album just COULDN'T be anymore purposeless and impossible to connect with except maybe on a Friday night. She's not saying anything, and neither are the songwriters she bought the tracks from. It's just a whole bunch of lyrical filler for the sake of putting out something new.

The lyrics themselves sound like placeholder lines, like the songwriter just jotted random phrases in to fill the notes for a demo and never got around to finishing the song or making it coherent. So much of it is absolute gibberish? And the fact that she's singing all these incomplete thoughts that don't make any sense to an actual English speaker, let alone to Namie who can't understand English, just baffles me from a musical standpoint because what's the point?

I know the point is $$$, but still. For Japan's leading pop star, it's just... I want more??? I know it's pop and pop exists to be profitable and commercial and marketable, but at some point you reach a level of purposelessness that it just turns into k-pop.

ETA: It's not just the fact that the lyrics are "vapid", it's the combination of everything. They're vain and meaningless, they're gibberish, they're in English which she doesn't even speak, they're in English which her target audience doesn't even speak. It couldn't be more filler.

Last edited by Tom Punks; 2nd May 2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 2nd May 2015, 10:04 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^

Owned again tbh
Poor namie, she can't catch a break lately. Ai really sabotaged her.
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:02 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
W me W me was my first track and is still my second favourite (Put em up still holds the 700+ and I'm still listening to it place...W me W me isn't far behind though)

however...Photogenic is the only track that sounds anything like I imagined this album to be
Ugh Put em up is liiiiiiiffeeee. I loved style. Put em up and Come on the same album is just heavenly.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 3rd May 2015, 07:07 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Namie may not be an "artist" and may be just a pop singer and dancer, but I still find the lyrical situation so stupid. This is the kind of stuff that gives pop a bad rap. It's not even that the lyrics are stupid (they are) but the fact that there's not even a pretense of meaning here annoys me. The lyrical content won't hurt my enjoyment of the album (the Engrish nonsense will) because I don't listen to Namie for any imagined artistry, but it annoys me all the same.

Pop is plenty capable of producing songs that, while they might not be incredibly artistic or innovative, are still meaningful or purposeful. Songs about being attractive and clubbing really only function for passing time getting ready for girls' night out or whatever. I mean, lyrically, this album just COULDN'T be anymore purposeless and impossible to connect with except maybe on a Friday night. She's not saying anything, and neither are the songwriters she bought the tracks from. It's just a whole bunch of lyrical filler for the sake of putting out something new.

The lyrics themselves sound like placeholder lines, like the songwriter just jotted random phrases in to fill the notes for a demo and never got around to finishing the song or making it coherent. So much of it is absolute gibberish? And the fact that she's singing all these incomplete thoughts that don't make any sense to an actual English speaker, let alone to Namie who can't understand English, just baffles me from a musical standpoint because what's the point?

I know the point is $$$, but still. For Japan's leading pop star, it's just... I want more??? I know it's pop and pop exists to be profitable and commercial and marketable, but at some point you reach a level of purposelessness that it just turns into k-pop.

ETA: It's not just the fact that the lyrics are "vapid", it's the combination of everything. They're vain and meaningless, they're gibberish, they're in English which she doesn't even speak, they're in English which her target audience doesn't even speak. It couldn't be more filler.
Well put!
Old 3rd May 2015, 04:54 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I can't believe I listened to the 14 tracks and not even liked one

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 3rd May 2015, 05:37 PM

I will give the album in full a chance, but I'm sure it won't change my opinion. The lyrics are so dumb and embarassing... Now I feel as if most songs on the radio are pure poetry.
AND WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE MELODIES!!!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 3rd May 2015, 06:14 PM
immature Initiate

I just listened to the trial listening video for the new album and it got me really excited since I haven't kept up with Namie for a while and then as tracks kept playing my excitement cooled to died. DIED! I guess its cool that she's singing 70% or more in english but it doesn't save the fact that most of these songs sound like they were thrown away, left over pop songs that other prominent singers decided not to take because they're generic, typically boring pop filler songs that just aren't chart topping material; their just not that good.

I really like how the packaging and cover art looks and it makes me want something more that the music that is attached to it has. I love Photogenic and maybe I like two other tracks from the preview. Maybe this album's musical theme was american superficial fun pop with electronic/EDM influences with no deep lyrical content meant just for a good listen and no after thoughts?
Closed Thread

Tags
namie amuro, _genic