You were... / BALLAD information thread [V] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th November 2009, 06:52 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

@sunshine: I know, but I just want you to think positive. Just be happy ayu getting another no. 1 (if things go alright this time). I'm pretty sure her no. 1 streak will be gone in dignity probly next few years or so.

Do they really ban concert sales or sales from handshaking event? Hmmmn weird thought . They probly should ban multiple covers as well lol.
Old 19th November 2009, 06:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
But now though it seems that Oricon will not count concert sales because the propensity of record companies to cheat is too large. Or is it just sales from handshake events and the like that have been banned? I'm not clear on that.
They will count 30% of those sales, or something like that. [all sales? Not just handshake/concert/whatever.]

Last edited by truehappiness; 19th November 2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 19th November 2009, 06:57 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
Do they really ban concert sales or sales from handshaking event? Hmmmn weird thought . They probly should ban multiple covers as well lol.
There was news from Oricon a few months ago that sales from events would be banned because there is no way for Oricon to accurately count them or maybe it is only 30% like truehappiness said; really unclear about the whole thing. Apparently Oricon had basically just been taking record companies words for the sales numbers from those events for years now. However we never exactly got a clear translation of whether this would include concert sales as well (which also can't be accurately counted by Oricon).

This could help explain why Morning Musume experienced such a massive drop in sales with their most recent single compared to their one from a few months ago.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 19th November 2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 19th November 2009, 07:04 AM
rainy day Initiate

It sure is a pity that the release date is being pushed back. But yay! The covers are AMAZING. Ayu's making a come back!
Old 19th November 2009, 07:08 AM
July 1st Initiate

my GOD I haven't seen the forum in a while that I didn't know the covers are here and the release date's postponed! so annoying!
have we had excerpts from any of the songs?
Old 19th November 2009, 07:09 AM
YOU Initiate

I love the covers!!

It seems like I will buy this single because of the covers only...

(somehow reminds me "Together When")
Old 19th November 2009, 07:11 AM
Initiate

Man... I'm really disappointed in the date change. :\ I was looking forward to the competition! And I hate whenever labels make the artists run... But really, Fukuyama isn't nearly as big a threat as a Johnny's. I actually think she could've easily beaten Fukuyama. And considering Kanjani8 isn't super-huge, I think that she *would've* been pretty safe there, too.....But the limited edition + three singles thing really scares me. Sometimes they just say it's limited, when it's not completely true. -__-' What if that's the case? If it were just a regular single, this wouldn't be a problem I don't think, but all this...? Not only that, but the double week issue--gawd, what an annoying move avex has made. -.-

About the "validity" of her streak... I agree that if an artist avoids competition all the time, a record really means nothing. But Ayu doesn't usually do that. And I don't think we can consider that option for this single, because of both the two week issue and the Kanjani8 issue. But whatever... I think that Ayu deserves this record more than anybody else right now, because in general, she has earned every bit of it. So I'll be rooting on her continued success.

And good God, guys. Stop comparing the freakin' covers to Queen Forehead. Ugh. Like some people said, blue background and feathers isn't exactly a Namie original. >_<' (One word: WHATEVER.)

Many thanks to captain-kawaii123 for specially drawing this chibi for me, and also to ownsarai for creating the beautiful signature.
Old 19th November 2009, 07:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
my GOD I haven't seen the forum in a while that I didn't know the covers are here and the release date's postponed! so annoying!
have we had excerpts from any of the songs?
Only some lyrics on the first post, and that's it.

We should get a snippet in a news clip though since the news just leaked today. I wonder which song though. You were... probably...
Old 19th November 2009, 07:22 AM
CAROLS Initiate

did anyone post a bit bigger covers of the two other ones yet?
*you never know what you miss in a huge thread like this*

Old 19th November 2009, 07:22 AM
TO BE Initiate

i guess theres no way ayu can beat kanjani8...3 singles in a row....with a double week countin towards the sales
Old 19th November 2009, 07:26 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
About the "validity" of her streak... I agree that if an artist avoids competition all the time, a record really means nothing. But Ayu doesn't usually do that. And I don't think we can consider that option for this single, because of both the two week issue and the Kanjani8 issue. But whatever... I think that Ayu deserves this record more than anybody else right now, because in general, she has earned every bit of it. So I'll be rooting on her continued success.
I agree with you baby

Quote:
And good God, guys. Stop comparing the freakin' covers to Queen Forehead. Ugh. Like some people said, blue background and feathers isn't exactly a Namie original. >_<' (One word: WHATEVER.)
You know, I honestly didn't think of Namie when I saw that picture. I thought of her Olympic promo picture where she was some sort of angel

How random is that lol.
Old 19th November 2009, 07:26 AM
Dolls Initiate

oh...
i hate when avex do something like this...postponed?! (avex, kiss my a**)!!!!
but anyway, it's a really beautiful cover, beautiful face, no more weird fish lips, great outfit, and AWESOME hair!!!
Ayu, you're ROCK (now)...
LOL

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 19th November 2009, 07:27 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:

Quote:
And considering Kanjani8 isn't super-huge, I think that she *would've* been pretty safe there, too.....
We largely agree. But except that Kanjani8's single is scheduled to come out the week before Ayu's is. So unless they are going to be in the double week together, there will not be any competition for her again. And I just can't imagine Avex moving the date if they knew she would be in direct competition with a Johnny's group. It will most likely be the week after hers that gets counted as the double week since the whole first week of January is usually off time in Japan. Or they just won't have a double week this year. In the past she may have beaten Kanjani, but lately they have been gaining sales. First week sales of their last few singles: 271,516, 347,735, 194,304. There is no way that Ayu would beat that for the weekly number one unless these "limited editions" are limited to like 50,000 copies each which is probably unlikely. She would have been much better off against Fukuyama, but its probably being ensured that she won't go up against either of them.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 19th November 2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 19th November 2009, 07:31 AM
poker face Initiate

the feathers are so randomly placed @@
but the covers are gorgeous!

Last edited by czh_genesis; 19th November 2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 19th November 2009, 07:34 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
We largely agree. But except that Kanjani8's single is scheduled to come out the week before Ayu's is. So unless they are going to be in the double week together, there will not be any competition for her again. And I just can't imagine Avex moving the date if they knew she would be in direct competition with a Johnny's group. It will most likely be the week after hers that gets counted as the double week since the whole first week of January is usually off time in Japan. Or they just won't have a double week this year. In the past she may have beaten Kanjani, but lately they have been gaining sales. First week sales of their last few singles: 271,516, 347,735, 194,304. There is no way that Ayu would beat that for the weekly number one unless these "limited editions" are limited to like 50,000 copies each which is probably unlikely. She would have been much better off against Fukuyama, but its probably being ensured that she won't go up against either of them.
Aa, so she'll be after..? I was confused. That shouldn't be bad, then.... ......
Ya know what..? I'm just gonna forget about all this competing and double week and crap nonsense, lol. I'm just gonna pray for the best and wait patiently for the results.

Many thanks to captain-kawaii123 for specially drawing this chibi for me, and also to ownsarai for creating the beautiful signature.
Old 19th November 2009, 07:35 AM
UNITE! Initiate

One comment doesn't need to create such a fuss. Anyway, I'm really looking to this single; I'm a sucker for ballads. <3

JUST ONE GLIMPSE CAN CHANGE LIFE.

Old 19th November 2009, 07:47 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I hate how the release date was changed but i love the covers
Old 19th November 2009, 07:52 AM
TO BE Initiate

from what i know Koda Kumi single was released on 12/24 and it was counted in the double week period...so therefor i assume ayu and K8 will be counted together in the double week
Old 19th November 2009, 07:56 AM
CAROLS Initiate

I hope someone even noticed that I posted the bigger covers @___@

Old 19th November 2009, 07:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

To quote bluegie:
Quote:

OK... lemme explain.

GUILTY (released on 01.01)
Dec 25 was the last Wednesday of December, and oricon does not update the weekly chart at all after the last Wednesday of December.

Kanjani8 (released on Dec 23rd - 25th)
This year the last Wednesday is NOT Dec 23rd. It's Dec 30th. That means Oricon will still update the weekly chart between 12.22 - 12.28.

The double week does not depend Dec 25th or Dec 26th or x'mas etc. It depends on when the last Wednesday is before new year. It can be any date between 25th to the 30th of December.

Another thing that indicates whether the cds fall into the double week: the release date is set on Jan 01. Kanjani8 will fall into such category if the release dates for the triple singles are: Jan 01, 02, and 03.
Last year, the last Wednesday of December was December 24th.
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayu's diary, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, chinese drama, disney, hamasaki, nhk, nhk drama, red line ~for ta~, single, team ayu, tinkerbell, walt, winter, you were.../ballad