[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~ - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th July 2018, 10:57 AM
still alone Initiate

I'm feeling this too. I have never preordered an Ayu release despite being a big fan for many years now. But I was totally prepared to do it for Ayu's 20th anniversary album. But this product really wasn't made with the fans in mind. It feels like a total cash grab from avex that Ayu seems to be okay with. I have not enjoyed the promotion/marketing for this release so the only chance of me buying this is if the music is good. Otherwise I will buy this release at another time.
Old 25th July 2018, 11:04 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Same, actually. The last release I bought was You were.../BALLAD, and I was planning on supporting her 20th anniversary releases. But I'm not sure I'd like to buy this. I'll wait to see what it all sounds like in full but I'm disappointed.
Old 25th July 2018, 11:14 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
^ Someone mentioned the possibility of that track being æternum or something, which could make sense given that the letter m is merely an upside down W.
Even if that were the case, æternum is just a conjugated (adverb?) form of æternal, so still, the meaning is very similar, i think it means something like eternally. But yeah as someone has already mentioned, it can't be that because it clearly looks like an "a", not a "u" on the HQ pic
Old 25th July 2018, 11:33 AM
YOU Initiate

I've never listened to We Are The Queens in full nor Words so I'm really excited for this new album.

So since Ayu has said she had a lot of inspiration and has been in the studio for many times, I just figured this is a collection of songs that didn't fit on the actual album but were too good to just ignore without any release of some kind. So maybe there will be a full album soon with a completely different sound. Although that might just be wishful thinking on my part.
Old 25th July 2018, 11:38 AM
As if.. Initiate

Could the song, W be a similar song as M?
Old 25th July 2018, 11:39 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I really want to pre-order this, but I'm not sure if I can afford at this time lol Since I'm currently supporting another artist and they've been releasing lots of stuff recently too, and there's also other stuff I need money for
Old 25th July 2018, 11:45 AM
Initiate

Same as a lot of you, the last time I bought an Ayu's album was Party Queen, mostly because it was a little sentimental, I went to see her in London while she was recording it so it reminded me this moment.
Since then...
I was willing to buy this one, if it was a proper 20th anniversary album but hell...
This is Ayu, come on! 3 new songs is nothing in two years. I know some of the fans are happy because we have a least something but I feel like this release is a big joke, a big excuse for another big tour.
I know that her first fans are Japanese but come on, Ayu is aware that her fanbase is all arround the world! And not everybody can fly in Japan to see her.
I did once, it was 8 years ago (day for day! It was the final for R'n'C Tour!) but it took me a lot of work to afford this trip.
So having a full album would be great for her fans who can't see her touring.
Touring is great (and I'm grateful I can watch her concerts thanks to TV version) but new music is even better imo.
Old 25th July 2018, 11:55 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I purchased every studio/legit mini album she's released over the years. I stopped buying singles after MOON/blossom as they didn't have much of a value.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 25th July 2018, 12:08 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Tbh it's up to her to decide whether she prefers releasing new music or touring, she doesn't owe us new music just because we want it. Yes, it's sad for international fans (which are a minority of her fanbase by far), but there's nothing we can do if she likes touring more than making music these days
Old 25th July 2018, 12:11 PM
As if.. Initiate

This "new album" is extremely underwhelming for a 20th anniversary release.

Will there be a new song/MV released before the album?
Old 25th July 2018, 12:32 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Was the price of Five's CD only version 1800yen?
Old 25th July 2018, 12:34 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ FIVE CD-only version is currently selling for 1800 yen on CDJapan
Old 25th July 2018, 12:44 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbellz View Post
Could the song, W be a similar song as M?
I was wondering too! I am not expecting similarities in the music or anything, but it would be cool if it referred to M in the themes. If M is about a guiding entity, what if, with the whole Max conspiracy theory, W was about being played?

As for the conversation going on I can only agree. I consider myself a big fan but I've only ever bought albums and minis. I purchased her last few releases digitally and was honestly happy to do so, but I don't think I'll be putting any money on TROUBLE. I'm willing to give it good numbers on Spotify though, so she better not make it an AWA exclusive again !
Old 25th July 2018, 01:41 PM
BEST Initiate

Can we all just focus on the good here? The album (and/or a song) could have been called "Just the Beginning" lol
Old 25th July 2018, 01:41 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Still not a huge fan of the covers (though they do look nice!). It’s about the music for me anyway. I just wish we were getting more than 3 new songs. Or maybe I’ll just keep hoping for a remix album set. At least the release date isn’t too far away!

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 25th July 2018, 02:25 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
Can we all just focus on the good here? The album (and/or a song) could have been called "Just the Beginning" lol
If that's the only good thing then this release is more than just a little sad.

I actually haven't listened to the previously released tracks, so there are only new songs for me. And I find myself more inclined to listen to this release, because it will be easier to digest. A full album would be intimidating.

wednesday's child is full of woe

Old 25th July 2018, 02:25 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

love all 3 covers! if only its a proper full length album
Old 25th July 2018, 02:33 PM
monochrome Initiate

I'm sure the one who told ayu this release is ok with 5 miserable songs is the same one who chose the covers for Sunrise/Sunset single and A SUMMER: HER WORST ENEMY.

Old 25th July 2018, 02:38 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
Yes you are very correct. I am basing my statement on the target audience I know, AHS and the smaller Japanese fanbase I personally know here in Japan.

That being said, I still hold on to my point of view. I still believe there's so many marketing blunders in this release.
Yeah, I'm not really deffending the strategy of calling it an album. Just pointing out AHS isn't the best way of getting an overall view of how successful any strategy she comes out with is.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 25th July 2018, 02:45 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I think that i'll buy only the chapter 3 version and hope to found the chapter 1 version in a bookoff (even if in 2020) XD
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble