New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [VIII] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 14th December 2010, 08:53 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

^ I don't see why Avex just slipping them a copy is so hard to believe. C'mon, if it was a secret agent sort of thing, they'd have found out and fired them a long time ago. I think it's part of the promotion, personally.
Old 14th December 2010, 08:57 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yes way.

The administrators at AMF and AyuChina receive a copy from avex to discourage leaking early presses sent to Hong Kong or whatever. Usually the stores receive CDs way before a street date [in this case 12/22] but most of the time people get the CDs beforehand by paying extra. I guess this is avex's way of dealing with it.
I'm running on almost no sleep right now, so please excuse my flakiness, but I don't quite understand how this helps. Avex lets Ayuchina leak it so as to...prevent leaks? Are they trying to discourage bootleg sales? I don't see how that would help for that problem either. Can someone spell this out for me? Because it's not making sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
^ I don't see why Avex just slipping them a copy is so hard to believe. C'mon, if it was a secret agent sort of thing, they'd have found out and fired them a long time ago. I think it's part of the promotion, personally.
Doesn't necessarily promote legal ownership of the tracks though...
Old 14th December 2010, 09:00 PM
I am... Initiate

LEAK LEAK LEAK do it again
ayu-chi-na do it again
leak leak leak this album now
leak leak leak I want it now ♪
Old 14th December 2010, 09:03 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Avex lets Ayuchina leak it so as to...prevent leaks? Are they trying to discourage bootleg sales? I don't see how that would help for that problem either. Can someone spell this out for me? Because it's not making sense...
Usually how leaks happen is that people get the CD "illegally" from stores that sell CDs before the release date. So they would get their batch of CDs in a week ahead of time but for a higher price they would sell it to consumers a week before the release date.

Because avex seems to know about AMF / AyuChina, their downloads, and how large the forums are, they probably want to discourage that sort of leak by giving them a copy and having administrators deal with people posting the "illegal" leaks. I don't really get why they do it either, but it's worked so far. I think one time AyuChina got in trouble for leaking Secret rather early and that was how this all started. (avex watches them, basically.)
Old 14th December 2010, 09:07 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
ayu-chi-na do it again

Quote:
Usually how leaks happen is that people get the CD "illegally" from stores that sell CDs before the release date. So they would get their batch of CDs in a week ahead of time but for a higher price they would sell it to consumers a week before the release date.

Because avex seems to know about AMF / AyuChina, their downloads, and how large the forums are, they probably want to discourage that sort of leak by giving them a copy and having administrators deal with people posting the "illegal" leaks. I don't really get why they do it either, but it's worked so far. I think one time AyuChina got in trouble for leaking Secret rather early and that was how this all started. (avex watches them, basically.)
That is weird! I'm not complaining whatsoever, but what an odd thing to do. Because it's not like the AyuChina admins are discouraging distribution, right? Avex has to know that whatever they give to AMF/AyuChina is going to make its rounds on the internet. Doesn't seem much better or worse than if a licensed distributor/seller leaked it instead.

What do you think Avex would do if they browsed AHS?...
Old 14th December 2010, 09:08 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
ayu-chi-na do it again
this.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:10 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Avex has to know that whatever they give to AMF/AyuChina is going to make its rounds on the internet.
Yeah, they know that will happen, and it does.

I don't think AHS is large enough to be scouted by avex, at least in comparison with AyuChina. The way I see it though is that if they're going to have leaks, they [avex] might as well be the ones to "leak" it.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:13 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Just how big is AyuChina?
de tu puño y letra
Old 14th December 2010, 09:14 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Yeah, they know that will happen, and it does.

I don't think AHS is large enough to be scouted by avex, at least in comparison with AyuChina. The way I see it though is that if they're going to have leaks, they [avex] might as well be the ones to "leak" it.
I get this logic, only because then Avex feel they have more control over the leaks rather than waiting for it to happen.

And yeah; AHS is a small fish in the big music industry pond Even though we come up in Google on the first page, the forum isn't that populated, nor known, to cause any worry to Avex.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:14 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
I don't think AHS is large enough to be scouted by avex, at least in comparison with AyuChina.
No...but say somehow it was. Considering that Avex lets AyuChina go on their merry way, would they do the same with us? Not worried, just curious as to how they'd probably react.

As much as I hate Avex and some of their money-grubbing strategies, wow, I commend them for this. Big record companies ought to go with the flow when it comes to free downloading, because those who really love it will buy the music anyway (if they can afford it), and when groups like the RIAA start suing for outrageous amounts, it just fuels the defiant fire/causes boycotts. Plus, free downloading contributes to concert sales, I'm sure, for people who can't afford to buy an artist's discography but still love the artist.

I hear the RIAJ can be pretty bad too, but I don't know if they're as insane and clueless as the RIAA.

Last edited by StarSUCKER; 14th December 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:15 PM
Dolls Initiate

Maybe it leaked already on AC but we stare at AHS and wait for miracle? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oh God, let that happen!
Old 14th December 2010, 09:16 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
Maybe it leaked already on AC but we stare at AHS and wait for miracle? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oh God, let that happen!
Sometimes I'm tempted to register at AC as well as AHS (probably need a proxy or something), but my Chinese needs work.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:18 PM
ourselves Initiate

I demand there be a PV for "Like a doll"! She needs to pull a STEP you and release a PV with the next single!
Old 14th December 2010, 09:19 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlastingRAINBOW View Post
I demand there be a PV for "Like a doll"! She needs to pull a STEP you and release a PV with the next single!
She needs to pull a Daybreak and release a re-cut single with a totally different arrangement + a new PV.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:23 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Even if AHS was an influential as AyuChina, I don't think Avex would even amuse us with such a deal lol
Not just because our server is based in the USA, but because I don't think they'd like two deals like that going on at the same time
Old 14th December 2010, 09:23 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSUCKER View Post
She needs to pull a Daybreak and release a re-cut single with a totally different arrangement + a new PV.
So she won't get #1 for the week? Noooooo! lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 14th December 2010, 09:25 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
sadly there is still nothing at ayuchina.
Just the stuff we have too (the 3 short versions + previews)

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 14th December 2010, 09:28 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
Even if AHS was an influential as AyuChina, I don't think Avex would even amuse us with such a deal lol
Not just because our server is based in the USA, but because I don't think they'd like two deals like that going on at the same time
Nah, and they wouldn't need to. I just wonder if they'd leave us and our download forums alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
So she won't get #1 for the week? Noooooo! lol
Haha well...Daybreak totally should have gotten #1 IMO...

Okay, correction. She should pull a partial-Daybreak and release a recut+PV as an extra B-side on a future single.

What can I say--I like dramatic reworkings of songs. I can dream...
Old 14th December 2010, 09:32 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

November sounds so intense from the preview.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 14th December 2010, 09:33 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
Just how big is AyuChina?
Let's see...they have 85,355 members and the highest amount of people that was ever online at the same time was 1,650 people X_X

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, dream on, hamasaki, hamasaki ayumi, love songs