Sig Width - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th June 2004, 05:42 AM
Who... Initiate

Quoting what it is is not an answer. I just wanted to know what it is, then I realized that this is yet another thing that happened that we couldn't be bothered to know about beforehand. Why is that such a big deal? Why were you so rude? I guess it doesn't matter, because if there is a problem here, even though we're told that we should bring it up and talk about it, the answers are always defensive. Jose replying is helpful, but he's not the final word, and he's the one who replied quickly.

BTW, it was not 1:15 to reply, please check again. I saw so many staff members on just through my normal scans on the board, and no one would answer.

I'm sorry, I am very upset with how poorly this went, and don't find it to be an isolated incident.

Old 11th June 2004, 06:14 AM
independent+ Advisor

Just because a staff member is online doesn't mean that he/she sees every new topic. That person may not have seen your topic. You can't assume that the person was just ignoring you. What if he/she did see your topic but didn't have time to respond? There are so many what if's, and it's unfair to condemn the staff for that.

AHS is the way it is. You can't change AHS to match your personal ideals of a forum. We're open to new ideas. You expressed your opinion, but we don't have to agree with it. If you don't like AHS, you're not being forced to stay.
Old 11th June 2004, 06:52 AM
Who... Initiate

You are so damn rude, and you are the reason that I am checking only this topic and not contributing anywhere else.

My personal ideals of a forum? It's so wrong to expect to know when my hard work (ie: banner) is being ruined because you and the rest of the staff can't tell people? And then you're incredibly rude about things. Ever think that maybe if you weren't so damn rotten to people that problems like this would not happen?

And I certainly wish some other staff member that can be constructive, answer questions, and actually help solve the problem instead of fuel it would answer, but that seems to be few and far between here.

Not forced to stay, what the hell kind of thing is that to say? If you want me to leave, BAN ME.

Last edited by Luna Saisho; 11th June 2004 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11th June 2004, 06:59 AM
Who... Initiate

Oh, and just a note. I'm happy to follow your rules, even though I don't agree with them all. I just wish you would, as well.

And again, I stress, every time I've brought something up, no matter how nice I am~~ a staffer comes in a FUELS the fire instead of helping to put it out. I've had staff members yell at me and others here, and that's just *NOT* right.

Old 11th June 2004, 07:03 AM
Connected Initiate

So, you'd rather argue over this than sending out a mass message telling every member about the size limitation(for each style)? This topic is bound to come up at some other point in time..And by saying 'go here to this thread' and that member sees it was posted months ago can make them more annoied...I thought this palce was ment to work as a community?

I don't see why it is so hard to do it? There should be a 'mass email' option like the phpbb boards and it's pretty much done within a few clicks..Case closed. And even for a short time put it as a 'sticky' so members can see it and not ***** about it in the FAQ selection of this board.
Old 11th June 2004, 05:17 PM
independent+ Advisor

We're not sending out mass messages and making announcements about it yet because the new limits aren't even set in stone yet. Everything hasn't been worked out yet.

Plus, we don't have to agree with every suggestion that Luna ever makes. We don't have to send out an mass e-mail if we don't want to. If we like the idea we could, but we have no obligation just because she suggests it. This is just a general observation Luna, but just because you make a suggestion does not mean the staff has to follow it.
Old 11th June 2004, 11:11 PM
Who... Initiate

You never take my suggestions. I also didn't say messages should be sent out. I think you should just tell people when things are screwy. But aparently, you would rather whine about it then simply make a post. You'd rather come in here and fuel the fire with multiple replies over days instead of the 2 min it would take to post.

And Grantith? You were, plain and simple, a major jerk and you personally owe me an apology.

You also need to read. I'm not Set, she and I are involved, but are not the same person. She made suggestions, and I made suggestions. She just wasn't treated like crap by you and wasn't provoked.

My suggestion: Re-read this thread and understand what's being said to and by who. Apologize for being so rude. Stop fueling the fire.

Old 12th June 2004, 01:58 AM
Connected Initiate

Uhh, since when am I Luna? If I remember so I'm called Set_0ne on this board...Try and read your posts a little more carefully before you hit that 'submitt button', okay?

And no you don't have to agree with everything we say..We don't expect you to but when this is something (I would think) is "big" that does effect the uses it is something to bark about. It's not going to take that long to do..And the thing that gets to me it was more than 'one' person who spotted this as a problem..To me that shows it is effecting more than just one user already..And it that needs addressing otherwise people are going to keep making the same suggestions. Oh and before you say it again..I DO know you don't have to follow every suggestion a user makes but if you can't see the common sense in this one (since if effects everyone) then I kinda understand (now) why you didn't even bother to mass email everyone that the board was getting an upgrade.

I know this forum is a big one and everyone has their own lives outside of the AHS and the internet so problems can't always be addressed quickly. But it shouldn't be shunned apon when there has atleast two complaints about the same thing (See Jose link).
I help run a growing Ayumi forum and I'm learning the in's and out's of what makes a good Admin..And I learnt quickly when a memeber makes a suggestion it is usually for a good reason..There is no malace behind it..Infact they want the suggestion to be picked up so YOUR (not shouting) board can work smoother. And not have an Admin get all mad and start to argue with the member just because they made a suggestion(that is is a valid one) infact you say 'Okay, we will look into it.' And if the problem is a small one leave it at that and maybe PM the person who was having that problem and tell them it is solved..But if it is a big problem address it to all the users..And say 'Hey, we have this problem with sig sizes on each forum. It is going to take us a while to figure out how to make it work smoothly. So please just bare with us for minute.'- This way you won't be needing to repeat yourself several times and just link it to an older post so the user can read that.

This shows that (as a staff member) you care for the forum and the members enjoyment. Remember you are running this forum for the users pleasure and enjoyment.
Old 12th June 2004, 02:33 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

This is a big problem? Get real. This is the stupidest thing I've read all day. So what, sigs are different sizes on some skins. Why don't you just make a small one? Wouldn't that be ridiculously simple? And you guys not to stop whining at the staff about them not being able to do everything for you guys. Why don't you guys take your head out of your butts and ask what you can do to help the staff. All I see is a bunch of whining. And for the record Grant is a nice guy and nmskalmn has yet to be rude to anyone. I think you, Luna, seriously have some authority issues. Five bucks says you are going to call me rude, right? Set_One you are just backing up your friend here and I respect that. But Sigs? Common, really.

Last edited by Piccolo; 12th June 2004 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12th June 2004, 02:37 AM
Banned

Err... how did this thread turn from a sig width problem to how the staff should announce everything that happens here? For example, when Ash added those smilies, she didn't need to make a post like "Hey! I added a new smilie!" As I said earlier, I saw the upgrade to VB3 as a surprise, just as I'd be surprised at a birthday party. Not everything needs a notice, so while your sig may appear smaller in certain layouts, is it really the biggest concern? I didn't know about how my sig looked on other styles til The-Eye pointed it out, but it doesn't really matter to me if people can't see a few pixels. I could see if you logged in one day and saw your posts deleted and were banned without notice, but since that's not the case, I dunno why everyone's so angry here. Just imagine if you were in someone else's shoes and had to deal with people who were angry at you. Surely, you wouldn't like people calling you names, right? I don't think Grant deserves to be called a jerk when he said that there doesn't always need to be announcements. It's just how I see things around here when it comes to respect.

So again, I'm not here to argue, but I'm trying to understand what this thread is about now. From a problem with a sig being 3 pixels too large to all these arguments, I just think everyone here needs to cool off for a bit and relax. Perhaps in a few days, you'll feel much better and can approach this issue with a clearer mind. But for now, can't we all just get along?
Old 12th June 2004, 02:56 AM
Who... Initiate

My problem is how rude the staff is and how belittleing they are on everything. I have a whole conversation and all they can say is "That's how it is" but it's a reoccouring problem that they simply won't talk about anything that's going on until it's already happened.

Piccolo, your message is only rude because you had to put in the wise ass comment about being rude. Other then that, Grantith talked down to me and was insulting. And I'm sorry that I worked hard to make a nice sig banner and don't like the fact that when I asked, it just simply didn't matter to them. I don't have authority issues, but I have problems with people in authority thinking that they are above everyone else, like the staff here seems to do. It's not an isolated incident, and that's why this bothers me. Kiss those staff butts, hon.

Jose, my sig doesn't "appear smaller", it gets cut off and it makes it look like my hard work is an unfinished project I didn't bother to complete before posting. Grant had the right idea about some things, but used *no* tact in what he said; he said it rudely. He fueled the fire instead of trying to just talk about it. All I said was I was annoyed, and I get nothing but "This is the way it is" nothing that says "You're another human and while we didn't do anything, we at least hear what you say". And for smilies? Use some common sense. A smiley doesn't make someone else's work look bad. And so you know, I've run a forum much larger then this one, run my own small one and help admin another one. I know how it is from both sides.

I'm sorry, but I just have a problem with the staff simply getting annoyed with everything, even if it's not presented badly. Hatefest was a word he used. It didn't bother me much, but when they made the change that lost people hundreds of posts from the games, they COULD have told about that. It's called piling things up, and after a while, even the small things seem bigger. And a note about how your banner gets cut off is not as big of a deal because yours has no border, therefore it just looks like it ends there. Mine's missing a side and therefore looks like I posted unfinished work.

I mean really, they set limits and just could have told us that things might be strange. This is just a small one, but it's happened so many times with so many things that I can't believe they'd rather argue then just tell people. It's just courtesy I'm asking for, and they don't care about that.

Old 12th June 2004, 02:57 AM
Who... Initiate

Oh, a note. I'm sorry to group all the staff into one ideal. Some have been nice and respectful, others fuel fires and are rude. It's my opinion, and I have a right to it.

Last edited by Luna Saisho; 12th June 2004 at 02:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12th June 2004, 03:10 AM
Banned

This could probably continue for days, so until a resolution is made, I'm reminded of the Golden Rule. In other words, if you want everyone to listen to you, you should listen back. Again, I'm not trying to start any argument with you or anyone here, but when skal posted the sig sizes for each layout, it's not like she said it in some rude manner. They're different because of the table sizes, and not because it was a random set of numbers or "just because". People will take you seriously if you're serious to them. As of yet, none of the staff here swore at you or called you a jerk, so if you really want to be the better person here, just think for a second and try and look at the whole picture instead of calling everyone "rude" .
Old 12th June 2004, 03:14 AM
Connected Initiate

Piccolo: I wasn't trying to argue with the admins..This is called a discussion..Does everything need to be pin pointed to a fight automatically? And yes I know things can get heated.
--
And this isn't telling the admins 'How to run their forum' no..It would be silly to think such a thing. This clearly wasn't the case..This signature problem has been brought up by two people so far and maybe more (I don't know) and I can only see it being raised again sometime in the future. What is so wrong of telling members that signatures are going to have problems on several different layouts? Umm, there isn't and it's not "bossing" that admins to do it either. It is simply called a suggestion and like Grant said they don't have do it.
Smilies aren't the same as a signature and shouldn't should be compared. Of course you don't have to annonouce to the whole forum that you are changing the colours or adding new ones. But if I remember correctly there was a sticky for the smiles when some new ones had been added (last year)...Please don't quote me on that I'm not 100% sure on it I just remember something like that happening.

And going back to the upgrade of the board..So many people did complain about not being given any notice about it. I remember reading the threads and posts about it. Sometimes a little notice is nice..other times it isn't needed..I know that.

Jose, so are you saying your signature isn't important to you? I mean why spend the time making it in Flash if it didn't matter. Also it doesn't shrink it gets chopped off..And yes, those chopped off pixels can make a difference. Yours mighten even work if it chopped since it's done in Flash. Again, I'm not trying to argue with you nor get on your wrong side..I'm just trying to show you reason..As you pointed out you wanted to understand why there is this thread.
Old 12th June 2004, 03:19 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix Prime™
This could probably continue for days, so until a resolution is made, I'm reminded of the Golden Rule. In other words, if you want everyone to listen to you, you should listen back. Again, I'm not trying to start any argument with you or anyone here, but when skal posted the sig sizes for each layout, it's not like she said it in some rude manner. They're different because of the table sizes, and not because it was a random set of numbers or "just because". People will take you seriously if you're serious to them. As of yet, none of the staff here swore at you or called you a jerk, so if you really want to be the better person here, just think for a second and try and look at the whole picture instead of calling everyone "rude" .
Note that when I reply, I reply to everything I can and attempt not to miss things - I do indeed listen, but I see a lot of things I'm saying being missed or ignored. Grantith answers selectively, and omits things he could be wrong about. I didn't say say 'skal was rude, I said Grantith was, and I stick by that. 'skal just was like "this is the way it is and that's that"

Random numbers: Just before the changes came up, the rules were set and I complied. Then they change again, but no one is told and my work ends up looking lousy.

If you want to be the better person, you could just stop as well.

Old 12th June 2004, 06:04 AM
independent+ Advisor

Just because I reply after Set_One but direct my post towards Luna does not mean I think you two are the same person.

I posted very bluntly, directly, and harshly because I am sick and tired of one person whining and complaining because she can't turn AHS into her own personal vision of a forum. AHS is what it is, and you can't change it to fit your own desires. Give it up and stop blaming the staff because we don't follow your ideas. The staff have the right to say "this is the way it is and that's that." Under most circumstances we don't do that and we're open to change and new ways of doing things, but not always. If you have a problem with me, PM me. There is no point in continuing this.

VB3 is new to everyone and unexpected things do happen (for instance the topics in the Games Subforum subtracting from the post count). When we realized what happened, we explained everything thoroughly, but we didn't forsee what would happen. People have to be willing to be flexible with us and can't cause a hoopla if a minor inconvenience occurs.

This topic is closed because of the fighting. If someone has a question regarding the new sig limits, which still aren't necessarily permanent, they can PM a staff member.

When the sig limit situation is fully worked out and set in stone, an announcement will be made to clarify everything.
Old 15th June 2004, 07:45 AM
Evolution Xavier

From what I read, here's my interpretation.....

The key lies on the very first reply that grantith made in Luna's thread. Luna simply took it as a rude reply and opened up at Grantith.....

Grantith shouldn't be replying..... because the more he replies the more "fuel" he is adding, no matter how "nice" his words are. That's right in the perspective of Luna.

I say grantith, you just stay put and observe before making your next move.

Closed Thread