Dos and Don'ts of new threads in News section. - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 10th July 2009, 07:15 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
After all, it will only be updated with something relevant AFTER a main news has been announed.
Precisely. On top of the main news that has been announced, there will be another compilation thread. So its 2 threads of the same thing.

I myself, dont mind having the compilation thread thingy. But i dont think it shld be made so soon. There is no news at all! So what for create a thread for people to chat about it especially this is in the ayu NEWS forum...
Old 10th July 2009, 08:00 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
You said it urself. I feel that starting a thread, in preparation for future news release would only make space for more pple to chat about something that isnt confirmed at the current moment. Which is annoying. And kind of bad forum etiquette.

Speaking of that, if anyone is so eager to compile all these things IN PREPARATION for news that are not yet released, why not make threads for ayu's tour in 2010? ayu's new album? I hope you guys see the point here. It's ok if you dont.

YES! TH do update his first post with updated information REGULARLY. But his info are all from other threads that reveal the information. it's not as though with TH's thread, the other threads of information will not exist. NO. We would have

1. one thread that tells us the cover.
2. one thread that tells us the tracklist.
3. Another thread that tells us whatever.

and all TH does is to compile, nothing else. So we would have 4 threads. The other 3 threads dont disappear after TH's compilation. They are still there.

Again, words of fairness, i am very grateful for TH's threads especially this kind because it's so informative and one don't need to search thru pages to look for the correct info.

But i guess, it doesnt need to be done so quickly?
The problem is, is that people are going to chat regardless. They chat about everything that has to do with a piece of news, so there's already going to be speculation in any thread, because Ayu does not come out and tell us all of her plans in a detailed outline.

We used to have the News section organised the way you say. People would make threads, for every new bit of news. And we had more like ten different threads, along with, the compilation thread.

The News section was really messy, and awful to navigate.

I guess the upside would be, people's chatter being spread out amongst the different threads, rather than one thread. Unless of course, everyone posts in the compilation thread...which is where they're all going anyway...rendering all the other threads totally useless.

Therefore, to save time and to maximize space on the server, we have one big thread, for everything.

You guys are really exaggerating the fact that Anthony started a new thread about the future release...You're making it sound like he started a news thread for like, the next album, when, if only a few more days had gone by, he'd have had to make the same thread anyway.

And there is news...we get pictures and stuff from everywhere, little snippets here and there. Anthony posts them, and oh look! People talk about them.

So he made a mistake by starting the thread early and putting the word "covers" in the title. He's admitted it. The moderators have made statements, and acted on it. I think it's time to let it go.

@Impact: about the old news competition things...I think that some of those incidents involved a member that, is a little scrupulous and obsessive...and I don't believe that anyone here would act like that anymore.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 10th July 2009, 08:46 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
The problem is, is that people are going to chat regardless.
I agree. But shouldnt all these chat be in the CHATROOM. News forum should be for COMMENTS on the news. and not chit chatting about something that isnt confirmed anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
And there is news...we get pictures and stuff from everywhere, little snippets here and there. Anthony posts them, and oh look! People talk about them.
The problem is, people are going to chat regardless. So i assume there is nothing wrong with people talking about them? You said it urself.
Old 10th July 2009, 10:24 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^Yes, in a perfect world, all chat would be in it's designated areas.

But the world isn't perfect, and people still chat. For example, in the beginning, the Official Artist threads were to be sort of like the compilation threads Anthony makes. They were made in order to clean up the Asian Chat Section.

Now people chat in those threads as well, and they think that's what the threads are for.

I don't understand what the problem is. We've have these compilation threads for a long time.

And btw, in case people are confused, they aren't threads IN PREPARATION for news. They are threads that compile news already received, and then set it off as a place where any possible future news goes, so as to keep the News forum clean.

Can someone please explain the problem had, because I'm sorry, I'm just not getting why it's such a big deal, and why it's so flawed apparently.

When we don't have the threads, the forum is messy and annoying.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 10th July 2009, 02:32 PM
count down Initiate

^ The main big problem is that truehappiness had the title include "covers", then the covers weren't released yet, and everyone got so fed up or something cos the covers gave them the holy light of enlightenment or something...

What I think the real problem is a few individuals are making this such a big deal, when it's just the covers. I mean, come on, just relax, it's just covers... why make such a big fuss and give off the vibe that all these is wrong?

Oh by the way, I know truehappiness is merely making a thread that complies information from other threads... but what's wrong with that, again? 99.99% of the time, people stop talking at the other news thread once the compilation thread appears, so all the discussion/speculation of that particular subject happens in just One thread. I think that's neat.

Also, truehappiness gives credit to people who give the news etc, so it's not like he's monopolizing anything. Moreover, with the dumb "AHS is temporarily unavailable" message popping out recent, does anyone honestly want to visit multiple threads and have one of them have that irritating message pop up?

There's nothing wrong with information in being on one thread... I know the covers are not out yet, but it's not like truehappiness made the thread last year and waited till now or something. At least he made the compilation thread with certain information being out already - track lists, previews, etc.

P.S: emiko - forum drama is really fun, honestly!

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 11th July 2009, 06:01 AM
BALLAD Initiate

^right on.

my internet connection aren't great and it pissed me off whenever i'm trying to read something, and that 'unavailble thing' came out....
i'm happy with a compliation thread.

My Instagram