"I am..." album lyrics conspiracy! :P - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd October 2006, 04:45 AM
Replace Initiate

"I am..." album lyrics conspiracy! :P

Okay, first off, lemme see if ANYONE here remembers this.

About a month and a half before "I am..." was released, when we knew what the songs were gonna be called and we had already heard "Naturally", "still alone", and "Daybreak" in CMs, the now-dead lyrics site Wataru's Japanese Translations (a HUGE source for ayu's lyrics at the time) published in advance the japanese & romaji lyrics (AND translations) for all the new ayu songs on the I am... album. I saved them on my hard drive (the romaji & translations anyway), but when the album came out THOSE weren't the lyrics.

So wataru deleted all those lyrics completely, but this wasn't till about 3 weeks before the album was released. Once the album came out & he got the lyric booklet, he posted the real ones. But the incorrect lyrics he'd had up were REALLY good and fit with the complete songs' melodies. Problem is, I've lost them all in my change from computer to computer over the last 5 years.

The advance lyrics in "Naturally" matched those in the CM, though that part was changed slightly in the completed album version... the rest of wataru's lyrics were almost totally different from the finished product. I don't remember much else... just that the last two lines of "still alone" translated to "this glass slipper doesn't fit anymore" - seems it was originally a sequel of sorts to monochrome.

So here's my question/request/whatever. Does anyone HAVE these lyrics (which I doubt, but it's worth asking), and does anyone know what they might have been? I doubt they were 100% fake, since they fit with the full melody of the complete song, and since ayu's thoughts for the album changed constantly, perhaps alot of lyrics got changed (listen to UNITE! and its remixes - between the remix commissions and the final recording of the song, 2 lines got switched... and the lyrics in the full version of "Naturally" are a bit different from the CM... so this isn't an impossible scenario). I dunno.

Anyone remember this or know anything about it?