News on London PVs - "Microphone" & "Sexy little things" - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 21st February 2010, 06:26 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
^LOL yeah i've only watched that PV once... i don't plan on watching it again.
ayu herself said she wasn't satisfied with it, i believe. i think she's gonna try to make no mistakes at all this time around.
Yea i cant believe Kazu even had to teach her how to move (as seen from the making)...I tihnk this time, it'll be more natural lol
Old 21st February 2010, 06:56 AM
immature Initiate

I rmb we have a similar thread in the chat room talking about why ayu didn't write anything sexy.. and now we have "Sexy Little Things", none of us had ever thought she would come out with such title!! this is really a surprise! X_X
Old 21st February 2010, 07:21 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I'm really shocked by the title, but I'm hoping the song lyrics has nothing to do with sex or whatever, because that would be a huggggge shock... I don't think I could accept it. LOL. But by the looks of it, it's going to be a very interesting piece, and because she said she'd return to the old Ayu style, I don't think we're going to see anything too shocking to the fans... I hope. lmao. I can just imagine it now... War breaking out on AHS... LOL.
Old 21st February 2010, 07:30 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Are people really that turned off by Ayu having the word sexy in a song title? -blinks-

She's a grown woman, and most of us are mature adults, for the most part, and it's not like when many of us were kids in elementary school and the words "sex" / "boobs" were bad/funny/offensive...
Old 21st February 2010, 07:44 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
Sexy little things.... uhm... "little things" would be a really cool title, I just don't like her using the word sexy. Sexy almost trivialises what she does, I don't know how to explain it. "Sexy" is the kind of word that can have that effect.
For some reason I sort of feel that too. Maybe I'm weird. But I like Ayu's sexyness when it is subtle and not overt. Like Sparkle and its PV for me were way too overt for her. Already having sexy in the title makes it seem overt. If someone/something really is sexy, they don't have to actually say it because they are it and that is a big part of what makes something sexy.

But maybe the content of the song will be totally surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
You and me both! Just to piss the prudes off.
I don't think being prudish really has anything to do with it. I'm definitely not. But it comes down to people having this more mature image of Ayu. And contrary to popular opinion here, sex and maturity are two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu_no_tenshi View Post
^ the lyrics to Amuro's "WANT ME, WANT ME" are very filthy and sexually explicit. of course she didn't write the lyrics herself but she still sang them...LOL
Well, the thing is, even if she did read a translation, she still wouldn't be able to know how raunchy it is without being a native speaker of the language. Just like if I were to sing something similar in Japanese it would be no big deal to me because I wouldn't know the nuances of the language that only a native speaker would really know, especially when it comes to slang words like coochie.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 21st February 2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 21st February 2010, 07:52 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^Yeah I kind of agree. Ayu's sexyness winns in a diffrent way. A deeper level so to say. Not RIGHT-IN-YA-FACE-a-la-kuu-with-songs-like-lick-me<3. Naaah I like Ayu more in her special Ayu-like way to be sexy.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 21st February 2010, 07:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Already having sexy in the title makes it seem overt. If someone/something really is sexy, they don't have to actually say it because they are it.
Hm, for some reason this makes me think of Morning Musume's various uses of sexy in song lyrics (Sexy princess! / Sexy beam!) and titles (SEXY 8 BEAT)... and yet, they're really not all that sexual, haha.
Old 21st February 2010, 07:54 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^True. But if Ayu puts "sex" in a song title and then make a PV like Sparkle she's passed MM's level and gone over to the kuu side. j/k

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 21st February 2010, 08:00 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Hm, for some reason this makes me think of Morning Musume's various uses of sexy in song lyrics (Sexy princess! / Sexy beam!) and titles (SEXY 8 BEAT)... and yet, they're really not all that sexual, haha.
But Morning Musume is nothing like Ayu. Ayu is known for being all... deep or special or whatever. Morning Musume are a bunch of cute girls who sell on sex appeal. I know that sex appeal is part of Ayu's selling power too, but she's not like Morning Musume or Koda Kumi. She doesn't need to be sexed up to sell.
Old 21st February 2010, 08:05 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yeah, they do use the word sexy a lot, but somehow its like they are saying Cute Princess, Cute Beam, Cute 8 Beat. haha. Plus, none of their stuff is ever really meant to be taken seriously in that regard.

Now, which would get a more negative reaction here: Ayu doing a sexy pv and song ala Kuu for Sexy Little Things or turn it into a cute PV and song? I think people might go postal if she does the cute thing, haha. That pic of her with the lollipop makes me wonder if it may actually turn into a cute fest.
Old 21st February 2010, 08:11 AM
rainy day Initiate

Let Ayu be sexy. Damn, I think she is the hottest/sexiest/cutest woman alive. If she wants to have fun with music, let her have fun. It'll turn out fine. Better than fine actually. It's gonna be HOT~
Old 21st February 2010, 08:17 AM
Real me Initiate

Morning Musume uses the word "sexy" but it's not like they are overly sexy and wear tight body suits (e.g. Sparkle)

I have kind of built up 'respect' for Ayu because of her diva-ish nature and her elegance. I know she's a grown woman and what not, but if she starts talking about sex and that sort of thing, Ayu will definitely lose me as a fan I like those things to be kept private... I don't really like it when singers blurt out crap like "lick me" and other overtly sexual things.
Old 21st February 2010, 08:39 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^ for some reason, your message made me laugh. idk why. i guess it was the 'lick me' part. i think it's the respect thing too. ayu is elegant and classy, so a lot of people respect her and can't see her in a sexy way, although, she is sexy in her own right. she just doesn't exude raunchiness. there's a difference between 'sexy' and 'nasty' lol anyway, ayu has never used sexually explicit lyrics and i'm sure she never will.

♥♫thanks to ownsarai for the amazing set♫♥

Old 21st February 2010, 08:42 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
^True. But if Ayu puts "sex" in a song title and then make a PV like Sparkle she's passed MM's level and gone over to the kuu side. j/k
Nah, you have to actually sit on a bottle to crossover to the Ku side

Anyways, people it's just a song title, and it's an Ayu song title, the song might turn out to be something none of us are expecting A few years ago I might be upset, but the PV caps don't look sexual xD at least not the way it was with Sparkle ^^

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 21st February 2010, 10:17 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I love the song title "Sexy little things"

Thanks for the update, I am loving the titles for this upcoming album!

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 21st February 2010, 11:03 AM
Depend on you Initiate

A very feminist song, I hope!!

Maybe will be like alterna+Sparkle+Ladies Night+ my name's WOMEN
Old 21st February 2010, 11:17 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Also its seems no one noticed that on the page it says his role is "Drummer" for both videos. So I guess Microphone and Sexy Little Thing's pvs will be linked? And be performance videos?
It would be cool if they were linked

ayu = love <3
Set by Bonbon0507

Old 21st February 2010, 11:45 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
FFS people...
Ayu puts the word 'sexy' in a song title and everyone freaks out over it. It doesn't look like the song will be about Ayu saying 'hey let's go ******* in an alley'...it looks more like what others have said, like a female empowering song like my names WOMEN and Sparkle. I actually hope for a Sparkle ~episode II~ from Sexy little things. I love Ayu and her being sexy, I'll take it any day over her being extremely, sugary cute. And I miss her awesome/creepy/dark PV's. I'm really anxious for the album announcement~

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ

Last edited by ownsarai; 21st February 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 21st February 2010, 12:12 PM
reBiRTH Initiate

^i wouldn't care a song and pv about her ***** in a alley
seriously, that would be new and fresh for ayu

Tumblr
| lastfm

Last edited by miroro; 21st February 2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 21st February 2010, 12:19 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrocleHeaven* View Post
^i wouldn't care about a songa and pv about her ***** in a alley
seriously, that would be new and fresh for ayu
Agreed xD She could still write a good song including ****ing in an alley

Tags
ayumi, emmanuel akintunde, london, masashi muto, microphone, pvs, sexy little things