[Koda Kumi] re(LIVE) her re(CORD) in her 199th Thread! - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th July 2019, 10:16 PM
As if.. Initiate

Sometimes it takes time to like a song and even an album. I wasn't fond of Bon Voyage for years, but after a late night listen, I think it's excellent. I'd argue it was her strongest work since TRICK in hindsight. Not sure why I was so funny about that album, but time brings perspective.
Old 25th July 2019, 07:21 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethatkuu&ayu View Post
Sometimes it takes time to like a song and even an album. I wasn't fond of Bon Voyage for years, but after a late night listen, I think it's excellent. I'd argue it was her strongest work since TRICK in hindsight. Not sure why I was so funny about that album, but time brings perspective.
Maybe you can help me then, cause I'm still not too fond of the Bon Voyage album or honestly the whole Bon Voyage era.
The album has some gems, but overall I think it's quite bland, same with the singles and the tour. Also don't think that's going to change.
White as main colour actually quite fits...

The inkbox collabo was restocked last night!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 25th July 2019, 08:53 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Btw. did you all exchange your music-libary for the available streaming songs. I had this conversation with a friend when Namie was put on and I still have the following doubts:

1) The playcount. Many f my playlist rely on playcounts and for Namie its far up in the thousands for certain songs - and there is still no fast way to put them up manually.

2) not all songs are on there. I hate incomplete things and fr artist like Kuu there aren't all songs up there.

3) I fear that they might get taken down someday.

I get the benefit of stream for the artist, but is it really worth it. So far i ass everything that is new as streaming tho.
Spotify has the option to listen to locally stored music, which I will then also transfer to my mobile device that I listen to when I'm out and about. Play count doesn't matter to me, and you can actually sync playlists from iTunes to Spotify through this free service called Soundiiz! So it doesn't change my listening behaviour on desktop and mobile. If anything, it has been more of a convenience than anything for me once I've fully migrated to Spotify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Upcoming infos might be spoilers for people who wanna go to the tour. Should I put everything under spoiler tags regarding that?
For now don't read further, if you don't wanna know!

Kuu is rehearsing for the tour for the last two days.
She shared a small clip in her Insta stories for KO-SO-KO-SO, so we can be sure now she keeps the song in the setlist for JAPONESQUE.
I personally don't mind spoilers! I'm always actively looking at Kuu's IG stories as well.
Old 25th July 2019, 09:27 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
Spotify has the option to listen to locally stored music, which I will then also transfer to my mobile device that I listen to when I'm out and about. Play count doesn't matter to me, and you can actually sync playlists from iTunes to Spotify through this free service called Soundiiz! So it doesn't change my listening behaviour on desktop and mobile. If anything, it has been more of a convenience than anything for me once I've fully migrated to Spotify.

I personally don't mind spoilers! I'm always actively looking at Kuu's IG stories as well.
yeah, the problem is not that I cant download the songs, every service has that option. But if they lose the rights, the songs will get taken down (like final fantasy related songs fir example)and they will be gone. Moreover, some of my playlist rely on my playcount (Top 250, Top 500, etc.) so I can‘t do without it. I have to think about it and if I‘m willing to redo everything (Since most japanese songs are also tagged wrong too).
Old 25th July 2019, 04:06 PM
independent Initiate

First of all Livin’ La Vida Loca made my month. I used to be obsessed with the song when it first came out & now my all time favourite artist covered it. That’s beyond awesome. I played the MV on YouTube at least 30 times. It’s too bad they didn’t release it as a digital single. I’m very confused by their marketing strategy when it comes to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethatkuu&ayu View Post
I actually used to like Bon Voyage more when it first came out but as time went by it went down in my KK album ranking, and I agree & disagree with Corvina about it. I love Go to the top & 恋しくて, Koishikute is actually one of my all time favourite ballads from Kumi. I still listen to it a lot. stay with me has become my official #1 winter song, as soon as I see first snow it instantly starts playing in my head, just like LALALALALA in summer. lol While every time she performs IS THIS TRAP? I wish she performed something else like LOADED instead. It’s amazing how diverse Kuueen’s discography is cause anyone could find something they like.

I also have similar feelings about UNIVERSE as an album as about Bon Voyage. Singles & the title track were awesome yet the album itself felt like a watered down version of TRICK. Also, ballads on UNIVERSE felt too different and didn’t have as much impact on me as ballads from TRICK.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live