[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~ - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2018, 03:54 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but I didn't see it anywhere.... what ever happened to that song that she was making with Timmy? I didn't see him in the credits for any of these songs.

It was The a capella version of The Way I am !

She did the same 'huu huuu' during the LINE LIVE (at the end of the song )
Old 7th August 2018, 04:13 PM
Initiate

I only listened the whole album once and it's not that good, lol.
But my favorite songs by ayu usually the one that I hate at my first listen, soo finger crossed.
Old 7th August 2018, 04:14 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Highly disappointed. I don't expect anything from Ayumi anymore but come on ... she deserves better. Better than these uninspired tracks and cheap arrangements.

I still had hopes regarding W as I love rock Ayu but even that track is kinda lame. I mean compare it to Because of You, decision, is this LOVE, Heartplace, 1LOVE, alterna that where high quality productions with amazing choruses. Even Tell all ...

I gave it a try and listened to it several times but no. I will just cherish Ayu for her past works and forget the uninteresting stuff she keeps on releasing now.
Old 7th August 2018, 04:24 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I loveee when orbitalaspect arrives to shake things up and get everyone pressed.
actually I don't think most of the users read the essays but okay. slayed. snatched. pressed.
Old 7th August 2018, 04:28 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I still had hopes regarding W as I love rock Ayu but even that track is kinda lame. I mean compare it to Because of You, decision, is this LOVE, Heartplace, 1LOVE, alterna that where high quality productions with amazing choruses. Even Tell all ...
Agreed, even songs from I'am... which released in 2002 sounds fresher than this album. Sometimes I just wonder how ayu could produce such songs in her peak (2000-2002), which still sounds good until now.
Old 7th August 2018, 04:32 PM
BEST Initiate

^ To be honest, those were really like "golden years" of J-Pop and there was so much great, interesting music coming out. You started to see some slight western influences in the music, but it was still very truly J-Pop with its own distinctive twist on things.

I think across the board, J-Pop has gotten much more dull and watered down, and that's not just Ayu - it's the whole industry, the producers, composers, etc.
Old 7th August 2018, 04:34 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ completely agree. that time you could pick five albums from different artists/groups and they would all be very diverse and GOOD.

j-pop went downhill this decade for me
Old 7th August 2018, 04:40 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I tend to agree with you. I prefer Five, Brillante has no parallel in her discography and Beloved is so beautiful... Though I understand why people love Memorial Address, I prefer Five.
I would go with:
Five>Trouble>Memorial Address>Sixxxxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
I think I like it about the same as FIVE and Sixxxxxx. Overall it's about equal to Sixxxxx but for me progress and BRILLANTE are better than anything on either release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
I find Memorial address to be one of her most overrated works. There's nothing that makes me say "OMFG" on that album, unlike FIVE that buried us all when BRILLANTE was released.
All this BRILLANTE love She really snapped on that track and is such a gem in her discography.
Old 7th August 2018, 04:45 PM
I am... Initiate

I don't know what's going on with all the drama and, frankly, I don't necessarily want to read through all of it. lol
But I've read things like "She doesn't put her heart into it" or "She's only doing it for the money" since RAINBOW, so it got REALLY old by now. It basically boils down to "I don't like it" = "it's halfa**ed/rushed/for money/etc." Not liking something is fine, but people don't have to put all these grand theories into practice each time. I think she's doing music for music's sake, because that is what she loves. She had the sales, the records, the fame - now she can make the music she wants to make, without the need to follow any guidelines because of ad deals etc.
Do I have things I wished she'd changed? Yes. Of course I do. But loving someone is taking the person the way they are, with all their faults and flaws, and if you can't do that then leave. You can always come back again. I was on an Ayu hiatus, too, so I know what I'm talking about. ^_-

I haven't listened to the new songs on TROUBLE yet, but I have to say that I think she can do better than the lyrics to W. I was looking forward to the women empowering song, I actually thought she will take her fangirling over YELLO shoes as the base for it, but I don't quite understand what's so empowering about it. I do like the part of her styling being like an armour, though.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 7th August 2018, 04:57 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
^ To be honest, those were really like "golden years" of J-Pop and there was so much great, interesting music coming out. You started to see some slight western influences in the music, but it was still very truly J-Pop with its own distinctive twist on things.

I think across the board, J-Pop has gotten much more dull and watered down, and that's not just Ayu - it's the whole industry, the producers, composers, etc.
I would as far as saying the biggest pop markets are all pretty stale nowadays.

And this also is the public's "blame" to a point, as a popstar can't produce music people aren't willing to buy.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 7th August 2018, 05:19 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

BRILLIANTE is an amazing song however it doesn’t come too close to anything on Memorial Address for me. Except from Greatful days.

Also all this drama cuz she released a couple of new songs. Jesus people. Plenty of other music out there, more accessible than ever. Take your pick. Leave the woman alone.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 7th August 2018, 05:23 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Hey guys, I don't wanna create any fake hopes
yet don't you remember this Insta story posted on June 21?!

She was in the sudio with Tasuku and Nobita yet the tracks that were revealed do not involved those 2 guys...
Where did this song go?! ⬅️

Last edited by Yagami Raito; 7th August 2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 7th August 2018, 05:26 PM
Two of us Initiate

I give very very low expectation for this alum so I don't disappointed much. aeternal is quite catchy to me.
Old 7th August 2018, 05:26 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami Raito View Post
yet don't you remember this Insta story poste on June 21?!

She was in the sudio with Tasuku and Nobita yet the tracks that were revealed do not involved those 2 guys...
True!
Maybe it didn't fit TROUBLE's atmosphere. Or...

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 7th August 2018, 05:27 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
BRILLIANTE is an amazing song however it doesn’t come too close to anything on Memorial Address for me. Except from Greatful days.

Also all this drama cuz she released a couple of new songs. Jesus people. Plenty of other music out there, more accessible than ever. Take your pick. Leave the woman alone.
I agree. Especially since she won't change her ways, because some people get angry on a forum.

As for Memorial address, what I like about the mini album, and why I think it's so well done, is because every song has a pairing of sorts.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 7th August 2018, 05:27 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
^I believe there is more material to come ;- ) And today I am already enjoying the whole mini. I feel Ayu there
Old 7th August 2018, 05:37 PM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
yet don't you remember this Insta story posted on June 21?!

it's possible that tasuku arranged "W" and Nobita worked on vocal arrangements (this is pretty standard)
Old 7th August 2018, 06:18 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

@loggman and/or? @andrenekoi
Whaaa. I won’t indulge your decidedly inchoate defenses, but sir/ma’am, Ayu WAS the zeitgeist. She’s no longer capable. I suggest you read a little on semiotics and semantics, but you might be a lost cause as far as communication, but I’m sure you redeem yourself to your loved ones in other admirable ways. In the end, you have good taste in some music so you’re probably swell.

Ayu sliced open her stomach to paint on the canvasses of I am..., etc with her viscera. Trouble is more like a burp in a box. It’s how I felt. Or a paper snake in a can.

@love in music
No shade cause I’ve always thought you’re smart and interesting. But in reply: Dramatic? Probably but that’s part of my personality. I think sobriety on a forum for j-pop music has that flexibility in social mores, but that’s just me. AHS should hardly be thought of as a microcosmic utopia of “idealized” human behavior, but again, it’s how I see web interaction with strangers, and I don’t know any Ayu fans so there we are.

I really don’t get why we can’t all get along. It’s OK to not be simulacra of each other all feeling the same things at once. Read a book.
de tu puño y letra

Last edited by ストロボ・EdGE; 7th August 2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 7th August 2018, 06:28 PM
ourselves Initiate

^
I'm very glad she's not representing the zeitgeist of the Japanese music industry at the moment, she'd be adding 30 more little ayus from ages 8 - 20 using CDs as lottery tickets. Or maybe she could become and enka singer, appeal in a rapidly aging Japanese society...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowo View Post
^ completely agree. that time you could pick five albums from different artists/groups and they would all be very diverse and GOOD.

j-pop went downhill this decade for me
Agreed. As many of my favourite artists stopped releasing or became house wives, I couldn't find any acts to replace them. And most artists aren't releasing material at the same pace as before and focus on touring.

travel, art and food!
Old 7th August 2018, 06:29 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I think in the end, after two years of silence while all over the world the state of things are reaching an all-time low, Ayu being Earthian I expected Ayu to deliver something... balmy? I’ve always thought that entertainers shouldn’t be expected to be embassadors of the human race and All That Is Good blah blah, but she willingly accepted that onus herself, a long time ago, so I’m just chagrined at this delivery.
de tu puño y letra
Closed Thread

Tags
the way i am, trouble, w (trouble), we are the queens, words, æternal