Asian music "what's on your mind" thread III - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 8th April 2018, 06:24 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Asian music "what's on your mind" thread III

This thread needs a new one, apparently. First new thread...in over five years. Either time has gone so fast since the last one was first created, or things have gone so slow to fill up to 500 posts...

Anyways, today is April 8th, and it's DAIGO's 40th birthday (Karen, I know you've already heard about it), ex-AKB48's Takamina's (Minami Takahashi) 27th birthday, and, obviously, since this is the Ayumi Hamasaki forum, it's Ayu's 20th anniversary since her debut.

But things have been a little bit too stale, been hearing too many of "been there, done that" kind of experiences, even with all the singings. I mean, when will the next breakout star pop up - especially a soloist at a time where we're way too filled with groups such as Johnny's and AKB/Nogizaka? If that breakout star does come, I hope he/she isn't part of Sony!

Anyways, I'm not enthused at this:

What in the world is this? This is the cover of miwa's upcoming new single "Update" - and I'm not liking this cover! I know she's wearing a blue bob wig, but still - what is wrong with this cover???

(To clarify, that's the CD+DVD limited edition cover. There's also the regular edition cover which I'm liking a little bit more, but there's that 'blue wig girl' behind the miwa I'm familiar of.

Other covers can be found here:
https://natalie.mu/music/news/276973

Last edited by Bigtop; 8th April 2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10th April 2018, 04:36 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Last Sat's CDTV 25th Anniversary SP was good especially when Fukuyama Masaharu-san , Kisumai , Kobukuro & NEWS performed their new songs

That goes for KinKi Kids performing a great 3 songs medley as well

And for once I'm surprised Kisumai didn't performed ex SMAP's Nakai's 'favourite song' from them haha

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 11th April 2018, 12:09 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

YU-A announced a new mini-album coming!
It's called "OFF" and will be released 05/30.

It deals with her pregnancy and the time afterwards e.g. Shaping Up is about, well, getting in form again.
Kimi o shita and the cover song I've Told Every Little Star are songs she sang to her baby, when he cried.
The last single before her small hiatus because of her kid "30 -My Thirty-" is included in a new mix.
I'm looking forward!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 11th April 2018, 04:04 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kira is releasing another digital single called "Ecstasy" on April 25!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 11th April 2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11th April 2018, 04:40 PM

I don't support X JAPAN but knowing that this year is the 20th anniversary of hide's death , it's pretty wild

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 11th April 2018, 05:55 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I don't support X JAPAN but knowing that this year is the 20th anniversary of hide's death , it's pretty wild
Oh wow I didn't even realize it had been that long.

In Two by Namie is so freaking good. I wish it wasn't so Engrishy because I feel like it could be a major hit in the States. It's frustrating that so many of Namie's lyrics are in English but her pronunciation isn't quite good enough to bring those songs stateside. Sucks, because I think she'd probably do pretty well here.

Old 11th April 2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatGirl View Post
Oh wow I didn't even realize it had been that long.
Yeah next month will be 20 years since hide passed away D:

Seems like this year , 15 is a 'magic' number for some artistes , anniversary wise

- DAIGO☆STARDUST (who's coming back to perform for 1 night only heh heh heh xD)
- NEWS
- SID

And this year is B'z's 30th anniversary which's wow & next year is ARASHI's 20th anniversary :O

Old 11th April 2018, 08:22 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Kira is releasing another digital single called "Ecstasy" on April 25!

Looking forward to it!

I also wanna check out YU-A's mini album when it comes out. I still have her last album PURPLE on my computer; I only listened to it once and I think I had mildly positive feelings about it (which is why I never deleted it). I should give it another spin.

JILLE shared a CM with a new song of hers today! I'm happy she's been able to get a tie-up even though she's now independent. I think I remember her mentioning that she had a new album in the works late last year, I hope that's true and there will be album news soon.
Old 12th April 2018, 04:40 AM

Today is exactly 10 years since VS ARASHI 1st started airing

Wow , that's insane & I still remembered the early days when ARASHI kept losing so horribly for several straight weeks which got so bad until they had to sit down for a 'meeting' to discuss how to break the losing momentum , LOL

That said I missed some of the old games ARASHI used to play and let alone suck horribly at it , like Falling Pipe & maybe Go Go Sweeper . They should bring them back again

And also the MDA corner too which used to be aired each time prior to the end of each episode . That's something Sakurai is always 'good' in winning & when I mean winning , it's not a good thing to be MDA within ARASHI x)

Also , ENDRECHERI will be doing a live house tour starting from next month onwards & for a Johnnys to do 1 of this scale , it's unheard of & I'm sure tickets will be even more harder to get as per norm

Last edited by KarenPang; 12th April 2018 at 04:52 AM.
Old 12th April 2018, 02:05 PM

The thought of me buying 3 batches of AKIHIDE's upcoming solo concert goods & probably next month's MUSCLE ATTACK 5th Anniversary LIVE and solo debut 15th anniversary live [DAIGO VS DAIGO☆STARDUST] concert goods in July , that's quite a scary thought @_@

Luckily this time round for next weekend's AKIHIDE SEASON LIVE -Spring- Watage no Gondola , I only plan to buy 1 concert good

Old 12th April 2018, 04:30 PM
And Then Initiate

I was listening to Folder 5 (idol group from the early 2000's mostly known for "Believe" from ONE PIECE), and it turns out that AKINA is back and her mini album sounds absolutely great! It was partly produced by her, and it sounds kinda reminiscent of what Dev Hynes and Carly Rae Jepsen are doing right now.

City Of Stars PV

Mini Album Trailer
Old 12th April 2018, 04:51 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacku View Post
Looking forward to it!

I also wanna check out YU-A's mini album when it comes out. I still have her last album PURPLE on my computer; I only listened to it once and I think I had mildly positive feelings about it (which is why I never deleted it). I should give it another spin.

JILLE shared a CM with a new song of hers today! I'm happy she's been able to get a tie-up even though she's now independent. I think I remember her mentioning that she had a new album in the works late last year, I hope that's true and there will be album news soon.
You should check out Purple again, it's a solid album!
I like the upbeat tracks like Purple or Unlock, her dorky side with a song like Fried Potato (I don't know another singer singing about her favourite food or like in her new mini about dieting, rofl), mellow R&B tracks like Seishun Sho (her unique voice just shines in those) or the experimental ending track Mission My Duty, which almost only uses her voice and works surprisingly well.
Only those boring pop ballads in between are unnecessary.
And I'm still a bit salty she didn't include her best single song from this era, You are my superman, in the album.

Thanks for the heads-up for Jille.
The new song is pretty mellow as well.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 12th April 2018, 05:18 PM

^ Well many years ago DAIGO☆STARDUST wrote/composed a song about his love for ice tea called Ice Tea no Uta so lol

Not only that , during when DAIGO was a regular on Waratte Iitomo , he released a really dumb 'album' filled with 'songs' which some of the fake group names are derived from real life food names such as PARM ice cream ('song' is a hip hop no. lmao) , Black Thunder chocolate ('song' is Christmas theme hahaha)

Also years later on , DAIGO wrote/composed a song about his obsession for Pop Corn in his DAIGOLD album x)

Kanjani∞ also has some food related song titles which're still hilarious , they have sung about Pudding , Onigiri , Crouton (they even made a PV for it which's just so dumb xD) , Takoyaki (Takoyaki In My Heart LOL) and last year they released a studio album called Jam which's also food related xD

Not only that , some of Kanjani∞'s solo songs are food theme too . Ice cream , banana juice ?

Old 12th April 2018, 05:28 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Haha, yeah, right, Kanjani 8 of course! They're just dorky and hilarious altogether.
Didn't know Daigo is the same.
But I've meant for female solos.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 12th April 2018, 05:41 PM

I used to listen to Kanjani∞ but after a while I stopped cos after Ryo left NEWS , their releases intensified to the point where I find it hard to keep up with them anymore :x

But I still respect them cos I know publicly they portray themselves as really dumb but they're very talented & all of them know how to play different music instruments (same with DAIGO who overplays his talento image way too much which doesn't do good for him)

I guess if not for TOKIO , Kanjani∞ would go the Johnnys band instruments road

That said I always look forward to every Johnny's Countdown cos I know for sure , Kanjani∞ will steal the limelight 1 way or another

From dressing up like sushi (with poor Yokoyama wearing a soya sauce bottle outfit ) , butchering Sexy Zone's Cha-Cha-Cha Champion (in full soccer gear onstage LOL) to Kisumai's Everybody Go (rollerskate epic fail & Kisumai made it look so easy) , I hope Kanjani∞ will up the crazy antics once more in the next Johnny's Countdown

===

I look forward to the day when DAIGO writes a song about Pretz , LOL

Last edited by KarenPang; 12th April 2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 13th April 2018, 06:26 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Is it really that true that Avex is in a bit of a budget crunch recently? (This is after what I heard that it may be the reason why Ayu's not doing anything new in terms of concept for her ongoing Arena Tour. Has to do with the departure of Namie and TK or something.)
Old 13th April 2018, 10:06 AM

After the horrible things on what Hilcrhyme went through last year , so glad they're making a comeback this Sept

I hope the next artiste that will resume activities will be flumpool

Old 13th April 2018, 07:59 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Preview for Kira's Ecstasy!

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/984365686758637568

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 13th April 2018, 08:49 PM
Sky high Protector

Beverly'll release her second album in June and I'm not sure that it'll be as good as her first album. She has a great potential with her voice but she doesn't work with people who can polish her talent.
Old 13th April 2018, 09:02 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Beverly'll release her second album in June and I'm not sure that it'll be as good as her first album. She has a great potential with her voice but she doesn't work with people who can polish her talent.
Uh, nice to know!
THough her first album was boring as hell. The 2nd one can't be any worse.
I did like the singles after the 1st album much more.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」