[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th March 2019, 04:48 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
Being interested in her career and what she has to say about it isn't being entitled. It's being invested. I'm not mad at her for doing x and y, I'm not going on angry Twitter rants, nor do I think she owes us new music. I stated the only thing I would like is to hear from the woman herself because it's such a difference in work ethic and focus for a longer period of time now.

I'm honestly not surprised if people are put off discussing things here if they get people saying "but she's not your friend" and "you're being entitled" for saying you hope for a statement at some point Ayu is definitely an artist and a celebrity and this is my reaction as a fan to this news, in the thread meant to be discussing the news.

You're right that her actions say she wants to tour. I'll keep hoping that an interview or social media post will mention why she wants to extend the TROUBLE tour even longer. I guess we'll agree to disagree on if that shows interest or entitlement.
^ Agree.

And my personal opinion on the reason for another tour is two-fold; she genuinely enjoys touring, and money. Her fanbase has downsized significantly, but I don't think she accordingly has downsized her lifestyle and the number of people she keeps on staff hence non-stop touring to keep the jobs of all of those people going in the same manner. Just my take.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 24th March 2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old 24th March 2019, 06:30 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:

I'm honestly not surprised if people are put off discussing things here if they get people saying "but she's not your friend" and "you're being entitled" for saying you hope for a statement at some point
It's also super off putting to be generally downplayed as "It's just Ayu defense squad" when people dare to have an opinion that isn't always negative
Old 24th March 2019, 07:05 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiko View Post
It's also super off putting to be generally downplayed as "It's just Ayu defense squad" when people dare to have an opinion that isn't always negative
Not that I said that, but I feel that comment is more towards people attacking other members for questioning or discussing recent news, and not about those who are being positive in general. Can't speak for everyone though.
Old 24th March 2019, 07:19 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Not that I said that, but I feel that comment is more towards people attacking other members for questioning or discussing recent news, and not about those who are being positive in general. Can't speak for everyone though.
No, you didn't, but I often note that when people disagree with negativity and criticism towards Ayu, this is the sort of dismissive attitude towards them, as if you're wrong unless you agree with the criticism, negative opinions, et cetera even if you don't attack anyone for their opinion/criticism.
Old 24th March 2019, 07:35 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Being interested in her career and what she has to say about it isn't being entitled. It's being invested. I'm not mad at her for doing x and y, I'm not going on angry Twitter rants, nor do I think she owes us new music. I stated the only thing I would like is to hear from the woman herself because it's such a difference in work ethic and focus for a longer period of time now.

I'm honestly not surprised if people are put off discussing things here if they get people saying "but she's not your friend" and "you're being entitled" for saying you hope for a statement at some point Ayu is definitely an artist and a celebrity and this is my reaction as a fan to this news, in the thread meant to be discussing the news.

You're right that her actions say she wants to tour. I'll keep hoping that an interview or social media post will mention why she wants to extend the TROUBLE tour even longer. I guess we'll agree to disagree on if that shows interest or entitlement.
We can agree to desagree then

I don't have any problems with people disliking her career moves or releases, it's not of my business, really. What annoys me it's voiced sometimes like, "feels like she is already retired/She's lazy/She doesn'tcare/Whoever likes this is lying to themselves or are bad fans" etc.

And yeah, I have read it all around here, even people saying who liked some disliked releases where haters disguised to sabotage Ayu's career by making her releasing bad stuff (?!). So it's not really a walk on the park either liking her stuff or trying to understand where something came from before bashing.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 24th March 2019, 07:35 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
No, you didn't, but I often note that when people disagree with negativity and criticism towards Ayu, this is the sort of dismissive attitude towards them, as if you're wrong unless you agree with the criticism, negative opinions, et cetera even if you don't attack anyone for their opinion/criticism.
Generally I find there's a few people who will be like that on both sides of the discussion. Sad as it is. If you feel someone's being too personal though, please report them.

@Andrenekoi Yeah, extremes are in both "camps" so to speak. I only ask if people want to actively respond, that they don't get too jaded by what they have read in the past. It can be hurtful to those jumping in for the first time to be called entitled, or in denial, and of course this goes for everyone... A lot of these discussions have been going on a long time now, so I do keep in mind that people are frustrated and tired of the same old comments.
Old 24th March 2019, 07:57 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I agree with those who think she has nothing to say at the moment.
Creative block is a thing and it's better for her to not push out rushed lyrics/music with little to no deeper meaning which she has done before and disappointed a lot of people. I also agree that touring is where she makes the most money which helps her be able to live how she wants.

I'm concerned about how unhealthy this touring is for her physically, and I feel like it's just a matter of time before her body forces her to rest by collapsing on stage, or her not being able to hear anything anymore. Sorry, that does sound really depressing and negative but how much more can she do? This has to be taking a toll on not just her mind but her body..
Old 24th March 2019, 08:10 PM
TO BE Initiate

Also it's confusing that people say she should stop making music and take a break like Utada, but then also at the same time saying she isn't making enough music (while the last album, mini or not, isn't even a year old): she simply cannot please all her fans at the same time.
Old 24th March 2019, 10:58 PM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Complaining she isn't explaining her decisions to us is entitlement. She doesn't owe us explanations about her though process or creative imputs or release schedule.
Exactly this. Maybe she’s enjoying touring and we don’t have to like it but we can’t demand any explanations for her every action.

No one is saying that we can’t discuss things, no one is saying that we have to like every thing that she does.
Old 24th March 2019, 11:10 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
I guess I would just second what Koumori said here. It's not directed at those who simply like and support Ayu's new tour. It's the moralising and attacks I take issue with. I hope everyone that attends enjoys it. Despite my opposition, I still hope the tour is a good one. Positive reactions to Ayu don't ever bother me. Different opinions keep things alive and interesting. Everyone is free to like and dislike things. I don't like this decision to tour again but I still wish Ayu the best on the tour.
Old 25th March 2019, 08:09 AM
GREEN Initiate

I was reading online that they announced an album? Trouble -A18-

Is this real?
Old 25th March 2019, 08:11 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I was reading online that they announced an album? Trouble -A18-

Is this real?
No.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 25th March 2019, 09:11 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^ Agree.

And my personal opinion on the reason for another tour is two-fold; she genuinely enjoys touring, and money. Her fanbase has downsized significantly, but I don't think she accordingly has downsized her lifestyle and the number of people she keeps on staff hence non-stop touring to keep the jobs of all of those people going in the same manner. Just my take.
This is a very valid and logical point.
Old 27th March 2019, 10:31 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Also it's confusing that people say she should stop making music and take a break like Utada, but then also at the same time saying she isn't making enough music (while the last album, mini or not, isn't even a year old): she simply cannot please all her fans at the same time.
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let you come in here and draw a false equivalency. We've suggested she should take a break from making music before she significantly slowed the breadth and frequency of her new music releases. We were saying this 9 years ago, not 9 months ago.

On the other hand, TROUBLE is literally 1 CM song from 2 years before it, 1 digital song release from the year prior, and 4 actual new songs, marketed as an original album, and from which Ayu has not just launched one, but now TWO back-to-back tours for. The last time she did this was RnRC, but that was a full-length album with 3 interludes, 12 songs (8 of which were new), two preceding singles, 8 PVs, and the second tour was a 7-day live special not a full-scale tour.

We're not asking or demanding to "please all of us at the same time", we're asking why an artist of Ayu's wholly unique caliber is walking a fine line between keeping her word and breaking it. She promised to release new music yearly, multiple times in fact. She also promised to continue performing. But she has thus far scaled a lot back, going as of now nearly THREE years without even a new 10-track album, more than FOUR years without even a promoted digital single release let alone a retail single, and within weeks of ending a tour, she's already announcing the next tour. I don't care if she wants to just step down from doing new music outside of when she feels like it, but she does owe fans a clarifying word on whether she intends to do that. That's not being demanding, it's asking her to keep the promises she made or at least clarify why things have changed and what we can expect moving forward.

Also, I'm backing Koumori on any discussion here. There is no such thing as this "Ayu defense squad" dismissive attitude toward positive opinions on AHS. I've been here for 10 years. The number of people having a nervous breakdown over just me pointing out that Ayu looked she was wearing "mom jeans" on an IG post was enough proof that even an unintentionally perceived "negative opinion" on AHS will cause the lot of you to double- and triple-up on anti-anxiety meds for two days. You've made your safe space. If you feel like a victim in it, you need to find a mirror and have that talk with yourselves, please and thank you.

-> <-
Old 28th March 2019, 01:19 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
I don't care if she wants to just step down from doing new music outside of when she feels like it, but she does owe fans a clarifying word on whether she intends to do that. That's not being demanding, it's asking her to keep the promises she made or at least clarify why things have changed and what we can expect moving forward.
Oh, come on! :-) It's Ayu and her team we're talking about. She promised live chat with her on TeamAyu site, singing lots of songs from upcoming Trouble "album" during the tour and god knows what else that never actually happened.
AVEX knows promises are made to be broken.

You have every right to want to know some info on any potential releases and I can understand the frustration, but I can't take it seriously when people say that she has to explain her plans. Maybe she's making things worse by keeping silence, but it's entirely up to her, she's not contracted to keep you posted. What do you expect her to say anyway? "I've been having a writer's block for quite some time, but I hope to release new songs again some day"?

Remember that there are artists who don't even have official site and are not on social media, and you have no idea when/if they plan to return/release something.

Last edited by Chris85; 28th March 2019 at 01:54 AM.
Old 28th March 2019, 08:46 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

First ticket lottery starts today

Quote:
【Reception Period】
March 28, 2019 1:00pm - April 1, 2019 11:59pm (JST)
*This is not on a first-come-first-serve basis (lottery system).
*Result announcement is scheduled to announce on April 6, 2019 (JST).
*All fares will be automatically withdrawn by your credit card if you win the lottery.
*Please be noticed that there is a possibility that you may win all of your requested tickets.
*No refund or claims are accepted, please.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 28th March 2019, 09:02 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let you come in here and draw a false equivalency. We've suggested she should take a break from making music before she significantly slowed the breadth and frequency of her new music releases. We were saying this 9 years ago, not 9 months ago.

On the other hand, TROUBLE is literally 1 CM song from 2 years before it, 1 digital song release from the year prior, and 4 actual new songs, marketed as an original album, and from which Ayu has not just launched one, but now TWO back-to-back tours for. The last time she did this was RnRC, but that was a full-length album with 3 interludes, 12 songs (8 of which were new), two preceding singles, 8 PVs, and the second tour was a 7-day live special not a full-scale tour.

We're not asking or demanding to "please all of us at the same time", we're asking why an artist of Ayu's wholly unique caliber is walking a fine line between keeping her word and breaking it. She promised to release new music yearly, multiple times in fact. She also promised to continue performing. But she has thus far scaled a lot back, going as of now nearly THREE years without even a new 10-track album, more than FOUR years without even a promoted digital single release let alone a retail single, and within weeks of ending a tour, she's already announcing the next tour. I don't care if she wants to just step down from doing new music outside of when she feels like it, but she does owe fans a clarifying word on whether she intends to do that. That's not being demanding, it's asking her to keep the promises she made or at least clarify why things have changed and what we can expect moving forward.

Also, I'm backing Koumori on any discussion here. There is no such thing as this "Ayu defense squad" dismissive attitude toward positive opinions on AHS. I've been here for 10 years. The number of people having a nervous breakdown over just me pointing out that Ayu looked she was wearing "mom jeans" on an IG post was enough proof that even an unintentionally perceived "negative opinion" on AHS will cause the lot of you to double- and triple-up on anti-anxiety meds for two days. You've made your safe space. If you feel like a victim in it, you need to find a mirror and have that talk with yourselves, please and thank you.
Totally agree with these points - Ayu established a pretty rigid release schedule early on in her career, and applied it for a long time. I think it is healthier that she has slowed down now, but she really needs to address her fans because continuing the tour for TROUBLE feels like it has come out of the blue...unless she intends on extending the album itself, it's difficult to understand why she isn't moving on to another theme? Just my two cents, I don't think it is difficult to see why people are confused about the trajectory of her career atm.
Old 28th March 2019, 01:09 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I always think there's a lot of entitlement going around...
Cause IT IS entitlement... She doesn't have to explain her every move to us fans. I mean, it's probably she just wants to make the most out of her career at this point?
Cause of her hearing which is a sign that her career ain't gonna last as much as we would have liked, or maybe she just wants more money. Or mayve she just likes touring at the moment

And Like news flash, she has ALWAYS BEEN A BUSINESSWOMAN. She is no saint by all means.

No new material? Maybe she's just not in the mood to make a new album? I'd rather want her to release a new song or album that doesn't feel like it has been rushed tbh.

If she wants to tour, then let her be. I'm pretty sure she knows this ain't gonna make her relevant or connect to her fans like she did before or this being good for her health either. Just let her do what she wants. I mean it's boring af to see a new tour lol, but yeah~

praying for your souls

Old 28th March 2019, 02:37 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
SO incredibly untrue. I don't know where you have been these few couple of years, but I've seen everywhere being said she should take a break and follow Utada's example. And even she should retire. Not just 9 years ago.

Quote:

Jesus.
You are being extremely rude right now and I don't like your tone whatsoever. Have a talk with myself? Because god forbid I dare to disagree with you and receive and experience different responses than you? There literally have been comments "if you like this song/album/photoshoot/thing, you're wrong and lying to yourself" not to mention when people are disagreeing with the criticism, it's even worse.

That's your opinion and how I perceive having been on this forum is not wrong just because YOU disagree with it. Obviously you would, since you aren't me, your opinions and views aren't mine, your experiences on this forum and in the fandom aren't mine, thus you can't possibly know how I feel. Stop pretending that you do and everything you say and think is the truth and everyone else is wrong, please and thank you.
Old 28th March 2019, 02:42 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Any further posts that are frolicking straight into off-topic attacks and general rudeness will be removed. Thanks guys.
Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020