[News] Rule/Sparkle -Cover- - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 3rd February 2009, 02:11 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayu-cake~ View Post
What a hideous cover.
With even more hideous CD's.

:S
Agreed completely.

Girls' Generation is .

forgiveness Initiate

NOT!!!

me no likey... it looks like A BEST 2 with HAIR!! XXDDD
i like the STAR earring though........
i expected more since i loved MW and G/D covers... well, who can argue, those two were 10th anniv specials... oh well.
CAROLS Initiate

uhh, i dont really think that's best fit her.

but its hot for sure.

Liar Initiate

Ayu's official website updated and that is the cover! I like it it's funny! And I love the CD prints too! wheeee

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:13 AM
YOU Initiate

i thought they will have ayu in goku's costume or something like that XD

Last edited by z4520ft; 3rd February 2009 at 02:46 AM. Reason: because i like the cd better than the cover (pink+yellow+green....eeek)
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:15 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
Holy crap, that is.. bad. Wow.

She looks great, but.. pink plastic? Green gloves? Yellow top? No no no. So many great covers she has had and this is what she does for an international song.
Sadly, I must agree. This jacket art just seems really badly done. I really hope it's not Jacket A or I will be thoroughly disappointed lmao. The colors clash horribly. It looks really quite amateur and plain...like she's trying too hard. It lacks a quality most of the CD covers she's done up until now had. It just doesn't seem like Ayu-calibur work to me. The question is...is she responsible, or is the photographer or whoever came up with this responsible? Man, it just seems like this picture was specifically made for the movie or something. There is no reason a run-of-the-mill movie should have to ruin this single =|.

On another note her look reminds me of "Because of you" PV. It might be that thick and heavy eyeliner she's wearing in addition to the hair. If you cut the hair dangling down it would totally resemble that look 100%...without all these bright colors of course.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:16 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Wow! I love the cover. It's so fresh, I was starting to wonder if she'd lost creativity after her last 2 single covers looked so alike. I think this will really match the style of the songs too.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:16 AM
Voyage Initiate

LOVEIT! LOVEITLOVEITLOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT!!!

I think this will be the kind of cover people either love or hate it. Not in between.

I love it. It's a change from MW/Days~
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:19 AM
Far away Initiate

Holy crap I just noticed those CDs...I wonder if that's the first press bonus or something. Ayu in a Goku costume...how lame =|. Gah why couldn't you just do it like you always did it. I am not liking how this is turning out...Rule was a little disappointing but at least I had the covers to look forward to. I guess not =(. I think she's getting into this movie business a little too much. I think she should ignore the fact that it was tied into an international movie and not base the whole release around it. I certainly hope she doesn't pull something like this in the future. Music is music and it should be isolated from other outside factors...she's always done it like this. Now she's crossing outside the boundaries and this is the result. It feels like I'm supporting the movie now (the last thing I want to do), and not my favorite pop star.

Last edited by jimex289; 3rd February 2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:22 AM
from your letter Initiate

geez, the cover is not that bad..
But on an international level, it can look quite amateurish~ =X
I'm liking her style.. but I cant say so for the colours used.. Kinda gaudy.. and reminds me of Anna tsuchiya's NUDY SHOW! album cover, dont u thk?

The CD pics are hideous~~
Isnt Akira an anime artist? Ayu shd turn out cuter!! lols

Last edited by thesilentspeaker; 3rd February 2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:30 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

as much as some of you hate the cd prints, it's a HUGE honor to be drawn by Toriyama. He's an extremely important mangaka, and even if people don't like manga/anime, it's still a huge deal. So at least take that into consideration. It's a huge deal. haha. not saying you have to like it, but calling it "ugly" is like insulting one of the most influential manga artists o_o.

(granted there will be dragonball fans that hate the fact that ayu was drawn by him too, and thus call it ugly as well. hahaha)

And as for this being on Ayu's website, it seems like they just updated it because it was leaked onto the internet hahah, as the other 2 covers aren't out yet

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 3rd February 2009, 02:36 AM
Dolls Initiate

^I totally agree...like it or not it IS a big honor...and plus atleast its different than her usual cd prints.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:36 AM
Startin' Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimex289 View Post
Holy crap I just noticed those CDs...I wonder if that's the first press bonus or something. Ayu in a Goku costume...how lame =|. Gah why couldn't you just do it like you always did it. I am not liking how this is turning out...Rule was a little disappointing but at least I had the covers to look forward to. I guess not =(. I think she's getting into this movie business a little too much. I think she should ignore the fact that it was tied into an international movie and not base the whole release around it. I certainly hope she doesn't pull something like this in the future. Music is music and it should be isolated from other outside factors...she's always done it like this. Now she's crossing outside the boundaries and this is the result. It feels like I'm supporting the movie now (the last thing I want to do), and not my favorite pop star.
Well, I'm pretty sure the song WAS made for the movie, so of course it's going to be cross-tied with it to a huge extent. This is probably Ayu's biggest tie-in ever, so they're going to milk it for all it's worth. I don't really have a problem with it. The only reason why the other remixes and songs are included are probably to boost sales as much as possible.

Considering this will probably be a one time deal, I think she should have all the fun she wants with it, even if it means going into the "movie business". (She's still a music artist, she's not even in the movie beyond having this song included).

And I'm kinda sad about all the hate the CDs are getting. =( I mean I don't think they look all that aweomse either, but when you get a picture drawn by Akira, one of the biggest manga artists in history, you have a freakin' party. XD I think it's a pretty big deal and great honor for Ayu, even if I don't like the pictures all that much.

EDIT: ROFL lots of people beat me to it. Oh well.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:39 AM
too late Initiate

Location: Mirrorcle town searching for my last angel (Mexico)
i'm going to quote a phrase from a bloodhound gang song:

whoaaaaa...

Holy s*-*-t!!!!!

so f-----g amazing that Ayumi has been drawn by Akira... amazing!!!! she looks really cute in the other picture, very eighties ^_^!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Maybe he has occasional feelings.

Ayu stans are Fugging scary.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:47 AM
ever free Initiate

I like the pics a lot!!! I think it was a challenge for Ayu to do this new single cover!!!

The cd pics were made by Akira Toriyama! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:50 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

This is already my favorite cover art and definitely my favorite CD art too. =D

The tone of the cover completely fits the essence of any DragonBall female and I really love the bright colors and the fashion as well. It's a nice change from the same ol' same ol'. Considering how Rule is a theme for a movie based on an anime, yeah, there's definitely going to be some influence. And the fact that Toriyama actually did the CD art is nothing less than a huge honor. Plus it's CUTE! It actually looks like her; yeah, her eyes are buggy, but that's anime for you. =D

I'm loving it so far! Can't wait for a poster. XD
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:54 AM
Far away Initiate

It should be the other way around. Toriyama should be honored he got to draw Ayu rofl.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:58 AM
And Then Initiate

i agree! lol she may be murked , but it makes it seem special for it to be drawn by that guy

wow, this tie in must be special to ayu
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:59 AM
Startin' Protector

Lol, considering he was already super famous in Japan when Ayu was only like, 10...I don't think it works quite in that direction. XD

Plus Ayu probably is honored anyway since she claims to be a huge fan of his anyway. I know if like...Naoko Takeuchi or CLAMP drew me I'd flip my lid in joy even if I was a star like Ayu.
Old 3rd February 2009, 03:03 AM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
The CD prits are by Akira Toriyama who originaly did the Dragon Ball manga.
That is so cool!

I like the hairstyle she has in the cover photo.

Tags
akira toriyama, ayumi hamasaki, cover, dragonball, rule, rule/sparkle, single cover, sparkle