'オヒアの木' PV (short ver.) out on YouTube - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 30th July 2020, 01:02 PM
YOU Initiate

So...long time lurker, few time poster here (I think the last time I posted was in 2012!). Feeling compelled to post because the timings for Ohia no ki are so crazy for me. It's an OK song but I think it will hold a unique place in my heart. Basically my mum passed away a year ago today and for Ayu to drop what is essentially a love letter to her child on what would have been my mum's birthday (July 5th) and then the full PV today is weird but pretty comforting. It makes me love her even more, though admittedly I'm more excited about Dreamed a Dream.

It's a shame the video is pretty much just a beauty shoot but I haven't been excited about her music since Made in Japan so I'll take anything at this point!
Old 30th July 2020, 01:06 PM
SEASONS Initiate

1 min of it and you’ve seen it all. At least I expected it would be this way. Color and all. This touching song has been a waste as regards arrangements and PV. Simple doesn’t mean amateurish and lackluster.

Last edited by hidekirby; 30th July 2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old 30th July 2020, 01:25 PM
rainy day Initiate

Maybe the blur is supposed to simulate how her child sees her as his eyes adjust to the new world around him? Lol. Born into all white (hospital) til Ayu brings him home (color).
Old 30th July 2020, 01:38 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by powpowparn View Post
So...long time lurker, few time poster here (I think the last time I posted was in 2012!). Feeling compelled to post because the timings for Ohia no ki are so crazy for me. It's an OK song but I think it will hold a unique place in my heart. Basically my mum passed away a year ago today and for Ayu to drop what is essentially a love letter to her child on what would have been my mum's birthday (July 5th) and then the full PV today is weird but pretty comforting. It makes me love her even more, though admittedly I'm more excited about Dreamed a Dream.

It's a shame the video is pretty much just a beauty shoot but I haven't been excited about her music since Made in Japan so I'll take anything at this point!
my condolences! I'm glad you find the song meaningful to you because of the messages it contains
Old 30th July 2020, 04:31 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powpowparn View Post
I'm sorry about your mom, thank you for sharing this here.
Old 30th July 2020, 05:12 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Maybe the blur is supposed to simulate how her child sees her as his eyes adjust to the new world around him? Lol. Born into all white (hospital) til Ayu brings him home (color).
I was thinking something similar. Babies can't see color and their focus is off for a while, so the cinematography does showcase that very well.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 30th July 2020, 05:53 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel View Post
I was thinking something similar. Babies can't see color and their focus is off for a while, so the cinematography does showcase that very well.
I think that's exactly why the PV is filmed that way

it's blurry and black and white because new born can't see clearly and can't see colors

it's swinging and unsteady just like a baby

it's showing Ayu on white bed sheets just like how the baby sees it

towards the end it starts to show colors because as the baby grows can finally see color

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 30th July 2020, 06:30 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ (and also crediting @polka-dot-jewel and Zeke for their ideas) That makes great sense!

It's a bit literal, and the execution still looks mwah, esthetically. But thanks to your perspectives, the idea comes through. I have watched the PV again after reading your comments and enjoyed it a lot more.

Old 30th July 2020, 06:51 PM
Trauma Initiate

its a grower song and so the video.. takes time to enjoy
Old 9th August 2020, 03:28 AM
YOU Initiate

I haven't checked this site in a while so I was not expecting this when I logged in! I love it! Finally a new song!

いつか聞かせて 君の口から
幸せだよと そして笑って

Old 9th August 2020, 03:46 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Don't forget to check out Dreamed a Dream too!

Tags
オヒアの木, ohia no ki, ohianoki