[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~ - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th August 2018, 05:06 AM
P.S II Initiate

The clips she sounded hoarse, and some notes can’t hit. “I am” is one of my all time favourite and I felt sudden sad after I watched the clip (I know is unhealthy to feel sad or crying over this, like my husband said “21st century stress”)...

Thou what I’ve heard (seen) can’t be unheard (unseen) , so I am now looping the CDL 2009-2010 version of “I am”

Last edited by aliceshields; 15th August 2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 15th August 2018, 05:18 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
If TROUBLE will be the only mini release Ayu put out this year that will be really disappointing :x

2018 hasn't end yet so there might be a possibility for her to put out something else before the year ends , I hope
I would love it if she released something else before the year ends, but between a-nation, then almost immediately having to rehearse for the new tour starting in October until February, it seems unlikely we'll get anything else this year :/ I'm just hoping that after the TROUBLE tour, she'll release a proper full album, and not just wait a few months before going on another tour with no new releases.
Old 15th August 2018, 05:48 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowo View Post
they deleted all of æternal demos from Spotify (and also from apple music i guess), including the poetry reading. nice to see they're keeping her streaming page organized.
Does anyone have full version of AX_YUKU_0592 NKN_arr#2.5 (3 minutes long)? I'm missing this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Oh god... how much I hate vibrato at Last Minute
Her voice sounds so low in this clip. I wonder if that's how her real natural singing voice sounds like when she's not trying to alter it or to sound cute.

Last edited by Chris85; 15th August 2018 at 06:01 AM.
Old 15th August 2018, 06:03 AM
Depend on you Initiate

This album doesn't give me any emotion at all, the songs are totally bland to me. I'm very worried for the future of the music of Ayu, because it's like nobody in her team (She included) give a damn for a quality release anymore. We have the Love Again fiasco but at least it has a few great songs on it. Come on! You can't name a Mini album an album just because you want it, only 5 songs and no Pvs, and a bunch of leftovers from a One and Made in Japan.
Old 15th August 2018, 06:08 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voguehoney View Post
thank you for the link. this is a painful clip to watch. no amount of editing could have masked how damaged her voice was here
Old 15th August 2018, 06:20 AM
still alone Initiate

I haven't listened to TROUBLE since it's digital release. I gave it a few repeat listens but haven't felt any desire to return to it. It's Ayu's weakest release for me as well. I still like the songs but that's it, they are just pleasant. Nothing remarkable or interesting. The strongest element of TROUBLE are the lyrics. I don't understand the title or the concept at all. I hated the promotion too. It was so frustrating. I guess they wanted to be mysterious but to me it all came across as weird. Just the whole release seems bizarre to me.
To be honest, I would rather listen to Party Queen. That album at least is interesting musically which is what I care most about. My least favorite album from Ayu has better songs than TROUBLE. I would rather listen to Party Queen, NaNaNa, call, Letter, reminds me, Return Road, Tell me why than any song on TROUBLE. Or really all the tracks from Party Queen. That is a very strange feeling to me.
Old 15th August 2018, 06:23 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Hmm I do think it's true that some of her songs sound similar to past ones, and past ones she did better. I don't know, I think it's just how she is now. I feel that she is creative with her writing but when it comes to other things like picking out unique sounding demos or really pushing to work with creative people outside of her comfort zone to do exciting new things she just doesn't care to do it very often, and when she does, she usually steps out into a place not many people even wanted her to go to. I'm assuming she just has other things on her mind that are taking priority over being super creative and pleasing fans. She has been like this for a while now, in my opinion. I don't really blame her for it but I can understand fans being disappointed by it.
Old 15th August 2018, 06:25 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

In a way I was hoping that there will be different new songs in both CD versions of TROUBLE instead of the tracklist being reversed :s

At least it's not another LOVE again issue but still :x

Party Queen had a lot of contention when it was released . I was the rare few that generally like the songs in it but not the covers/photoshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfirefly View Post
I would love it if she released something else before the year ends, but between a-nation, then almost immediately having to rehearse for the new tour starting in October until February, it seems unlikely we'll get anything else this year :/ I'm just hoping that after the TROUBLE tour, she'll release a proper full album, and not just wait a few months before going on another tour with no new releases.
Frankly I rather see TROUBLE get released as a full length album next year & this year a 20th anniversary best album gets released instead

Artistes who commemorate their milestone anniversaries in the business , they usually do that with a best album or maybe a concept/tribute album

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 15th August 2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 15th August 2018, 06:38 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

As it was released early digitally (on Saturday) Trouble is charting on the chart for last week.

It sold 856 digital copies in its first three days and is ranking on #12.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 15th August 2018 at 06:53 AM.
Old 15th August 2018, 09:23 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

I finally listened to TROUBLE last weekend... as a tl;dr, I feel the album is sub-par musically but her lyrics are on point, as always. I love the themes the album has and some of the imagery she creates, but the songs themselves fall a bit flat for the most part.

We Are The QUEENS
I was never really a fan of this song. I think it's repetitive, the lyrics are weak, and although it has some power to the chorus it just loses itself for me by half-way through. It just sounds commercial, which I didn't mind as much before when it was just used for a commercial, but I don't feel it really fit the album. It's good for karaoke though?

æternal
I particularly like the lyrics of this one, and it's a soothing listen. It's not particularly memorable though and I feel she's had a lot of songs like this over the years. There's no real hook or something about it to make it stand out from the other medium ballad tracks.

WORDS
It's not a horrible track, but musically feels repetitive after æternal. It was nice to listen to when it was a standalone release but I didn't think it was worth a place on a mini. It's not memorable to me.

W
This stands out at least, I think the "wow wow wow" hook is catchy and I really like the intro. It gets a bit messy and feels "empty" later in the song - probably goes on a minute too long or so, with no real oomph to the ending - but it's a good enough track. It's the most experimental/exciting track on the entire mini. The lyric direction reminds me a lot of Sexy little things...

The way I am
Forgettable. Beautiful lyrics but I don't even remember what the song sounds like, and it was the last one I listened to before reading this post. That's pretty sad.

I'm happy some people are enjoying the release and I hope it does well in Japan, with the different marketing campaign and given it is Ayu's 20th anniversary release - it's just not for me.
Old 15th August 2018, 09:47 AM
Far away Initiate

I couldn't watch the videos but in this digest se shounds incredible for me https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmea2UCh...by=a.you_video

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 15th August 2018, 10:18 AM
I am... Initiate

The thing is that, while I myself haven't listened to TROUBLE yet, she said she was going to sing about the past two years, but the lyrics don't reflect that 100%. I think that maybe, MAYBE she wanted a release to put We are (I wrote ate, lol) the QUEENS and WORDS into context, so that she can move on. Perhaps it's like a middle-thing between M(A)DE IN JAPAN and the next full-lenght album, so that's why it isn't that much of a breakthrough release.
Just a thought.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 15th August 2018, 10:33 AM
Far away Initiate

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 15th August 2018, 10:38 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uknow! View Post

I thought she put a mushroom on the head in I am... / Moments performance.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 15th August 2018, 10:54 AM
Initiate

When will today’s sales be out?
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!
Old 15th August 2018, 11:06 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

That's not too bad.
I've expected around 15k first day.
The mu-mo versions count btw.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 15th August 2018, 11:12 AM
Far away Initiate

Wow it’s actually good. MIJ was 19,898 on the first day
Old 15th August 2018, 11:15 AM
I am... Initiate

Some people say that she's now a performing artist rather than a recording one, but if that's the case her live endeavours should be made readily available for anyone to buy. I'd pay good money for separate release of the TA 15 live, for example. Hopefully the other part of Just the beginning will be released for everyone to enjoy - and support! - not just a select few.
Didn't they release the info of the TROUBLE LE like three weeks in advance? No one has 200 dollars just lying around to spend on music-related things.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 15th August 2018, 11:29 AM
Two of us Initiate

^^^
Nice! That's not bad at all :-)
Old 15th August 2018, 11:51 AM
Initiate

Not bad indeed!

It's been a few days since the digital release and I don't listen to it anymore.
I find this album boring (even W feels empty now).
Closed Thread

Tags
the way i am, trouble, w (trouble), we are the queens, words, æternal