Thoughts on PCDL '08-'09 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd January 2009, 08:14 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I'm rather interested in what SunshineSlayer thinks about her vocals. I mean, they're so good, it's like woaaah.
haha. Well so far I've only watched Green, Will, Days, and For My Dear. Days and For My Dear were without a doubt live. Green and Will though....well they certainly SOUNDED live. But did anyone else get the feeling that her mouth was just kind of, I don't know, weird in those? I noticed several moments when her mouth appeared either slightly ahead of or behind the vocals sooo....Did anyone else notice this? Or is the file possibly lagging? (because it seriously happens a lot if you pay attention to her mouth.)

edit: And wow yep, Angel's Song is for sure lip synched. She had a Theme of A-Nation moment but even more pronounced. It was very obvious that she said motsu when it was supposed to be mita. Please dont anyone try to deny it. She is for sure lip synching more and more these days and that's disappointing. It really wouldn't surprise me if every song from Green-Angel's Song is lip synched. Hopefully the rest of the concert isn't....

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd January 2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:31 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^well, Do you think physically possible to make 3,5 hours long concert singin well to the end? in fact, I waited lipsynch but I hoped it wouldn't be so obvious. Also I have to add that vogue+HONEY as for me is live because she is singing so close to the audience(like Ladies Night at 07-08) that people staying close to her would hear is it live or not, so I don't think she dare to use lip synch there.
PS. I have strange feeling about her mouth movements in SIGNAL
PSS. I have to admit that ANGELS SONG sounded very good and fully lypsynched, when End of the world is 100% live
PSSS. ANGELS SONG confuse would be not so easy to hide on DVD
PSSSS. TBSch also a bit stupid, they wrote SURREAL at the middle of UNITE)))) (am I spoiling too much??)
PSSSSS. What about evolution, it sounded live, but i dunno. Maybe she was in synch with Peco and Princess but when in chorus she was crying WOOOOEEEEY!! in the midle she cried to the Audience "More Time" and at the background we heard EEEEY!! but i dunno if it was Peco & Princess voices, and she cride More Time with exactly the same voice she sung all song
MY DARLING!! EVEN when she cried "Yochan" at evolution it was lyp synched and you will see it, and see her smile again. The lat part of evolution is also lyp-synch. GOSH! so disappointing

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 3rd January 2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:46 AM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Green and Will though....well they certainly SOUNDED live. But did anyone else get the feeling that her mouth was just kind of, I don't know, weird in those? I noticed several moments when her mouth appeared either slightly ahead of or behind the vocals sooo....Did anyone else notice this? Or is the file possibly lagging? (because it seriously happens a lot if you pay attention to her mouth.)
I thought the same thing for the majority of the clips I watched. It's almost like she's over (or under) exaggerating her mouth movements much like she does for PV's.
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:55 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover View Post
^well, Do you think physically possible to make 3,5 hours long concert singin well to the end? in fact, I waited lipsynch but I hoped it wouldn't be so obvious. Also I have to add that vogue+HONEY as for me is live because she is singing so close to the audience(like Ladies Night at 07-08) that people staying close to her would hear is it live or not, so I don't think she dare to use lip synch there.
The concerts are so loud that you can barely hear the person next to you, let alone whether Ayu is really singing or not, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Honestly, as I'm going through the concert, so far every song with the head set mic SOUNDS live, but does not look live - lots of missplaced mouth movements. Usually when she does lip synch it is better than this, thats why I'm wondering if it could be the file since it happens so much - I guess I'll know when I finish getting the concert from the second source.

As for Angels Song being difficult to cover up on the dvd - I don't think so. They'll just use a shot that doesn't have Ayu in it at that moment.
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:04 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^that would be unnatural, at at CDL05-06 they used other angle but here it would be really unnatural. Well I don't think she did so much lyp-synch in the past, and maybe that's why so many mistakes at this CDL???
Spoiler:

at least Trauma was live, she made that smile again as she forgot her words, but how she can forgot her words for 2 days in a row?? But! she sung well, and then cried YEAH!! which meant that she success and remembered that

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 3rd January 2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:08 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover View Post
^that would be unnatural, at at CDL05-06 they used other angle but here it would be really unnatural. Well I don't think she did so much lyp-synch in the past, and maybe that's why so many mistakes at this CDL???
Maybe. Or maybe pain medication made her a bit off. btw, I just watched In the Corner - amazing dance performance, but so far in the concert its the only one that doesn't sound or look live. The others at least sounded live.

And yeah, Powder Snow is on now. Now THAT is what her live vocals sound like. Thank god she didn't lip synch this one or I'd really have to question her.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd January 2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:08 AM
Don't look back Initiate

people will go all out to prove that she is lip-synching...gooshh...(which i can't understand why....Since it's a fact, must it go on and on and on?)
I just want to be one who will enjoy what she has done and the fact that she sang really well and moving
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:24 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
people will go all out to prove that she is lip-synching...gooshh...(which i can't understand why....Since it's a fact, must it go on and on and on?)
I just want to be one who will enjoy what she has done and the fact that she sang really well and moving
This is a discussion thread about the concert though, so I don't see how the lip synching thing can be ignored, especially when it seemed to comprise a fairly large section of the concert unfortunately. And I don't know about you but I can't think that she sung well and moving in a lip synched song...

Of course there are positives to the show too, but the negatives will always be more obvious and more interesting for discussion. Once I've had time to digest the concert, then I can talk more about the positives.
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:26 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^i'm the one who will protect her and still saying that Marionette was live!! Read this forum.
But when you will see the concert you will understand that what i'm saying is true. Anyway more than half of concert is live.

I think we need to left comments on Maro's, Zin's and Matsura's blogs and maybe someone would ask at TeamAyu
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:41 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Ummmm ok. Its weird that finding fault or errors become interesting and furthermore, if you look out for those, i wonder how you will be able to even Digest the concert and concentrate on positives with all those thoughts in your mind. Since it has been SEEN that Ayu lipped ANGEL'S SONG, dun tell me there was nothing positive about that performance. Because if there isnt, then its simply because it was lipped.
I don't see how obeserving someone's LIPS become more OBVIOUS then a SHOW.
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:43 AM
ayu trance Initiate

the show is really good, but lip synching is disappointing, really((
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:47 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Ummmm ok. Its weird that finding fault or errors become interesting and furthermore, if you look out for those, i wonder how you will be able to even Digest the concert and concentrate on positives with all those thoughts in your mind. Since it has been SEEN that Ayu lipped ANGEL'S SONG, dun tell me there was nothing positive about that performance. Because if there isnt, then its simply because it was lipped.
Because it was very obvious; it couldn't be helped. I can still find positives in a lip synched performance, like saying the dance is great or the costumes are cool. But that is about it. I can't be emotionally moved by a lip synched performance because its fake, yet Ayu's songs are supposed to be really powerful and moving because of their personal lyrics - but if its lip synched, its like the song loses that reality of meaning and becomes too fake. If you understand what I mean. Maybe to you lip synching just doesn't matter, but to others maybe it does.
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:55 AM
ayu trance Initiate

well show is a great addition to the live singing, but not otherwise
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:57 AM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
Idk, I've seen practically all of Ayu's concert DVD's and I've never been so suspicious about her lip-synching until this one. It becomes really obvious when something looks 'off' or unnatural... Even her body movements and facial expressions while she's singing seem almost too calm and kinda awkward in some parts.

Besides ANGEL'S SONG that was obviously lip-synched.. I think the following clips look pretty fishy as well. (Haven't seen the whole concert btw)

Naturally
And Then
Real me
In the Corner
End of the World
Heartplace
POWDER SNOW
HOPE or PAIN
Over
SCAR

Sorry if I draw attention to her mouth, but honestly, when Ayu sounds this good, it seems almost too good to be true.. so naturally, I'm gonna try and see whether or not she's lip-synching.
Old 3rd January 2009, 10:00 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^ End of the World
is live
Old 3rd January 2009, 10:08 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Idk, I've seen practically all of Ayu's concert DVD's and I've never been so suspicious about her lip-synching until this one. It becomes really obvious when something looks 'off' or unnatural... Even her body movements and facial expressions while she's singing seem almost too calm and kinda awkward in some parts.

Besides ANGEL'S SONG that was obviously lip-synched.. I think the following clips look pretty fishy as well. (Haven't seen the whole concert btw)

Naturally
And Then
Real me
In the Corner
End of the World
Heartplace
POWDER SNOW
HOPE or PAIN
Over
SCAR

Sorry if I draw attention to her mouth, but honestly, when Ayu sounds this good, it seems almost too good to be true.. so naturally, I'm gonna try and see whether or not she's lip-synching.
Honestly I felt the same way and I would also add every song from Green until Angel's song to that list as well. Heartplace and End of the World were the most strange because really you'd think those are totally live right? And they still maybe, but even those had some strange things going on with her mouth - that's why I still don't rule it out as this being a wonky file because it just happens simply TOO much unless she really is just that off from pain meds. Powder Snow seemed live to me except for once again, just a few moments where her mouth movement was questionable. Over I think was live except for that one line where it was completely obvious it was lip synched...at least I HOPE it was all live except that part.

Signal and Hana had less of the crazy mouth, but still a couple of moments (and both songs sounded way more amazing than anything she has sang live this year.) And trust me, I WANT to believe that those were live because I have been waiting forever to see those songs live and never thought that I would.

Honestly there are just a lot of really weird parts in this concert. I have seen every single Ayumi concert live and tv live and before it was just that she lip synched every once in a while, now though, with this concert, if its indeed not a problem with the file then oh boy....
Old 3rd January 2009, 10:25 AM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
And they still maybe, but even those had some strange things going on with her mouth - that's why I still don't rule it out as this being a wonky file because it just happens simply TOO much unless she really is just that off from pain meds.
Yeah, End of the World and Heartplace.. idk.. yeah you can hear the passion in her voice, but her stage presence is lacking which I think is unusual for these types of rock songs. She just doesn't look like she's into it - it's unusual...

I didn't see GREEN up to ANGEL'S SONG, nor SIGNAL~..

I heard the mp3 of Who..., which sounds really live.. and quite mediocre compared to the rest of the concert.

Days and For my dear... are live. Days is mediocre sounding so it must be, and For my dear... is excellent and you can see her struggling with it on stage, but idk she seemed to have fooled many ppl with the first half of the show.

I just hope to god somebody proves me wrong with all this because sadly, this is the first time I'm actually questioning my fandom..

Last edited by Coelacanth; 3rd January 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:10 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I just hope to god somebody proves me wrong with all this because sadly, this is the first time I'm actually questioning my fandom..
I know, I'm like praying to God that this is just the result of a bad encode. Lip synching Greatful Days or Angel's Song occasionally is one thing, but THIS? Seriously I'm left shocked. This probably wouldn't bother me as much if it were from some other artist, but for Ayu who prides herself on her honesty in her music and her fans - it's highly disappointing. I'm doing my best to get my hands on an alternate encode, but it is going sllooooowwww.
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:15 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^well, i'm still fan of Ayu, ut I'm disappointed in this show, but I have to admit that because it's really long and problems with Ayu's hand they recorded lipsynch to more songs than planned
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:28 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I'm thinking again about Over performance and I think maybe that line wasn't supposed to be sung live as some part of evolution.

Tags
08-09, pcdl, premature, thoughts