Songs you'd hoped to see on A BALLADS 2... - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 11th April 2021, 12:21 AM
SEASONS Initiate

^I don’t know what you are referring to exactly by lyrical structure lol But if it does mean having a story/meaning behind it, even sparkle could be considered a ballad. I think we all perceive a ballad as a mid tempo song. We were kind of surprised to see Today or Love song being included because they are more upbeat (?) overall, but they’re not so far from being mid-tempo/slow songs.

I would have liked to see GREEN, Sunset (Why nobody talks about this gem?), will, sweet scar, crossroad and hanabi II the most.
Old 11th April 2021, 02:46 AM
Initiate

I personally was very pleasantly surprised to see Love song included, and I think it works quite well. The album will be so boring if it only has midtempo songs (that's why I personally felt Disc 2 is so much stronger than Disc 1, even though a lot of songs in Disc 1 are classic). It's like the inclusion of A Song for XX rock version in A BALLADS, which makes the compilation a lot more dynamic than what it would overwise have been.

Cultural fun fact, in the Chinese language, ballads are sometimes interpreted as literally "love songs" (songs about love, 情歌)
Old 11th April 2021, 12:02 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^I don’t know what you are referring to exactly by lyrical structure lol But if it does mean having a story/meaning behind it, even sparkle could be considered a ballad. I think we all perceive a ballad as a mid tempo song. We were kind of surprised to see Today or Love song being included because they are more upbeat (?) overall, but they’re not so far from being mid-tempo/slow songs.

I would have liked to see GREEN, Sunset (Why nobody talks about this gem?), will, sweet scar, crossroad and hanabi II the most.

but that is exactly what it means. The general perception is that in music slower songs are ballads, but not ever slow song can be considered a ballad either.

I actually don't see a real story in Sparkle + it has a typical pop-song structure.
fairyland would be a better contestant.

edit: you can actually look it up. It's easier to explain in german to me since English is not my first language (+ I think the term is better coiled in german)

- It is a song that tells a story.
- The beginning is often surprising.
- Its language is simple.
- It concentrates on a single episode.
- The theme is often tragic & sad.
- The story is told through dialogue & action.
- It lacks specific detail.
- It has a surprising ending.

Last edited by thinkingoutloud89; 11th April 2021 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11th April 2021, 02:30 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Hanabi episode II

It bothers me so much that the first part is on the first a ballads but part II isn’t on a ballads 2 lol. Also, it’s a fantastic ballad.

Additionally, Ivy and Sweet scar were two that I was hoping to see!

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 11th April 2021, 02:49 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Hanabi episode II

It bothers me so much that the first part is on the first a ballads but part II isn’t on a ballads 2 lol. Also, it’s a fantastic ballad.

Additionally, Ivy and Sweet scar were two that I was hoping to see!
HII is the biggest loss or me too, but they probably avoided it because of A SUMMER BEST

By this point I thought "either throw out A BALLADS regular and make it a staple with one disc or include them all in such a big release."
A third disc would have been much nice to me instead of any DVD included.

Tags
a ballads 2