[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st March 2012, 08:00 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/rank/cd_sell.html?s=2

It's just one shop. It seems like whoever is posting those on Baidu or whatever is scanning the 2ch thread as well which is posting mainly the sites where Ayu is not selling above ABC which makes things look bad.

Also... I kind of see how ABC handled things. There's a PV DVD on one edition and a live DVD on the other which probably has most fans buying two copies of the album so that they can have PVs and the live. There's also a deluxe booklet only in the CD only edition.

This makes me wonder how many people purchased the limited box sets since they seem to have sold out relatively fast.
Also let's not forgetting that for ABC fans that purchased all 3 editions of 2012 , the 1st press includes an application to attend an ABC’s single event (to be released in May) & an 3rd album event which's limited to 40,000 fans

Comparing against the no. of incentives ABC & ayumi are giving away with their albums , naturally ABC will overpower ayumi but it's just the CD ranking from TSUTAYA & the overall sales factor in all the CD shops located in Japan

I just wait & see how things goes before I say anything further , wouldn't be long before the official 1st day sales are out

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 21st March 2012, 08:29 AM
Lelio Protector

Things aside, last week the hbya drama had the highest rating since the show started (13.0%), and the site didn't calculate the average yet. I take it that there should be another episode tomorrow? (and it could bring a boost physically and not only digitally).

I know that j dramas are usually 10~12 episodes and last week was the 10th one. I wonder if it will have 11/12?
Old 21st March 2012, 08:36 AM
Fly high Protector

^ Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi has 11 episodes and finale is on air tomorrow.
Old 21st March 2012, 08:43 AM
Trauma Initiate

Without non-digital single released before Party Queen album. 'Bad and ugly' cover concept (for me). Without tv live performance before album 'PQ' / digital single 'HBYA' released.

End of Female Solo-singer with #1 Oricon album sales!
Old 21st March 2012, 08:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover_bali View Post
Without non-digital single released before Party Queen album. 'Bad and ugly' cover concept (for me). Without tv live performance before album 'PQ' / digital single 'HBYA' released.

End of Female Solo-singer with #1 Oricon album sales!
She already lost that with GUILTY.
Old 21st March 2012, 08:51 AM
Lelio Protector

It returned with NEXT LEVEL~Love songs even though it's "less blingy" but yeah, we still don't know what will happen.

It's great that the finale is tomorrow, maybe a small decrease on Friday's stats.
Old 21st March 2012, 09:02 AM
YOU Initiate

It is such a dilemma.
Although we always say that intense promotion wont help ayu much.

But to me..her team is just little bit...lazy or disorganize?
If the preview can update earlier. if they can try to update the facebook page and put
on the party queen playbutton pic lol.

and the life style book and PQ photobook cancelled again. yes that maybe ayu decision but I always think that she just can handle everything at the same time. if her team can be more strategic or organize lol.

P.S. the HLS and POM tour has been uploaded to iTunes store. the name "overture" typo to '10. overture"..obviosuly copy and paste typo..sigh =.=
Old 21st March 2012, 09:06 AM
Lelio Protector

Maybe ayu herself just doesn't want to promote it. =P
Old 21st March 2012, 09:12 AM
YOU Initiate

Ayu just update TA daily..
it seems that she mentioned somewhat "TV program" & "26"..

Sorry my crappy japanese cant understand..maybe she is going on tv show ?
Old 21st March 2012, 09:18 AM
glitter Initiate

omg I hope so!!
Old 21st March 2012, 09:34 AM
Lelio Protector

Didn't ayu has something with nakai since her last performance in old times Utaban?

In the TA post she mentions TV interview she accepted.
Old 21st March 2012, 09:52 AM
No way to say Initiate

who's Acid Black Cherry?! I can't believe ayu lost to them

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 21st March 2012, 09:54 AM
Fly high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
In the TA post she mentions TV interview she accepted.
Thank you. Perhaps one of those morning shows then. ZIP!, Sukkiri!! or Mezamashi TV comes to my mind.
Old 21st March 2012, 09:59 AM
And Then Initiate

Yea She REALLY says yesterday, she did 26 interviews / TV Show !! (and that she's soooo tired) o________________o

but lot of them are regional shows !
Old 21st March 2012, 10:01 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
who's Acid Black Cherry?! I can't believe ayu lost to them
ABC is the solo project of Janne Da Arc's main lead vocalist who everyone all knows him as yasu

JDA has been on indefinite hiatsu for the past few years & in place , ABC has been active since 2007

I'm an ABC fan & I wouldn't deny this but 2012 is really good , probably my fave album from him/them outta the other 2 albums he/they've released as I find BLACK LIST & Q.E.D. too dark for my liking X.X

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 21st March 2012, 10:22 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Contrary to popular belief, there are swarms of artists in Japan who are more popular than Ayu, even though they don't have her prestige or you don't know who they are lol

I'm not really going to be surprised if her album doesn't get #1 for the week. If she doesn't sell as much as koda (really she should sell more) though...then something's wrong

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 21st March 2012, 10:41 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foyuki View Post
^
every CD released on 3/21 is pre-released =_= Acid Black Cherry AAA Amuro Namie etc.
I wasn't implying that Ayu was the only pre-release, I'm just saying it's even earlier than usual for everyone, as most cd's are released on a Tuesday, not a Monday. And Monday, if I remember correctly, notoriously has the lowest of sales because it's basically the end of the first week sales from the previous releases, as Tuesday sees the new releases for the week.

But since ABC has a lot of bonuses being featured for his album, it wouldn't surprise me if he did outsell Ayu. If Ayu also had a hand-shake event ticket included in her album, I'm sure that would cause more people to buy it. But had Ayu done this, I'm sure people would accuse her of "cheating" to try and get more sales, lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 21st March 2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 21st March 2012, 10:47 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
She already lost that with GUILTY.
Her release date cost her there - if it was a regular Oricon week (and not the christmas-new year double week) she would have been #1 on the first week.

Was a bit shocked by those sales, but day-early will get a lower result. Today's going to be higher. All of the online physical sales should be counted.

I don't think any low sales result can be blamed on no promotion - she hasn't been promoting for a while now and still churning out decent sales. FIVE is the most recent and most relevant example of that.

Last edited by Tony G; 21st March 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:08 AM
Lelio Protector

2nd Day
Position: #2
Sales: 20,037
Total Sales: 47,375

Well ayu drops slower than ABC so she still might get a chance for #1.

ABC's total for now is 60,359 but sold 23,000 today.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:09 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

OMFG tell me that is not true
2 days less than FIVE
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon, party queen