[Q]Is anybody having problems getting on AHS? - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 15th September 2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk View Post
The forum is down 50% of the time and when it's not it's slow as hell
*Stands and Claps* I must quote this.....Ur telling the ****ing truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaou-xijiang View Post
^oh come on, Venus. Just be happy your online.
I'm happy when I'm on.....but than by my next three post, I'm cut off from the forum.....It happens all the time and it's when I post something. That's why I'm mostly complaining. I'm sorry if I'm working yall nerves but I'm tired of the forum doing that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty4123 View Post
LOL what a tragedy.
LMAO...I meant to say doesn't not does (If that's what ur laughing at! lol)
Old 15th September 2007, 07:47 PM

What the hell is going today? I submit a post on a topic and I posted a topic on asian media downloads. WTF

Really, I submit a lot of duplicate posts today and some wrong posts. What's going?
Old 15th September 2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

^....See and u guys thought I was complaining just to be complaining!
Old 15th September 2007, 08:23 PM
glitter Initiate

Luv ~Venus~: Haha thanks Yes getting cut off is seriously annoying because it happens way too much and it's annoying while you're posting.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 16th September 2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

^I know! lol

Anyway, the forum has been working wonders! I'm so happy now! Thanks moderators for taking all of our crap! lol
Old 17th September 2007, 10:56 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Exciting times today. Or maybe it is just me.
Old 18th September 2007, 03:10 AM
Banned

The forum has been acting up on me all day until now! I starting to wonder if its my computer thats not loading the page up?!?!
Old 18th September 2007, 12:21 PM
monochrome Initiate

gosh, this is getting annoying. >__> when had AHS recently a day without serious connection issues? and for what reason is this instability? the maintaining formula has a bit worn out...
Old 18th September 2007, 01:01 PM
Lelio Protector

^and if anyone can work it out? XD
Old 18th September 2007, 02:05 PM
winding road Initiate

yesterday. probably Clouds spam thread 2k post thread
Old 19th September 2007, 03:03 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

now nobody can blame the posting thread forums for affecting AHS' connection!! cos without the posting games forum, the forum is still as slow as ever. so whats the real problem mods?
Old 19th September 2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
now nobody can blame the posting thread forums for affecting AHS' connection!! cos without the posting games forum, the forum is still as slow as ever. so whats the real problem mods?
Thank You for say that. Ugh, it seemed like every one was shifting the blame on me bcuz of my posting. No fair!
Old 19th September 2007, 04:17 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv ~Venus~ View Post
Thank You for say that. Ugh, it seemed like every one was shifting the blame on me bcuz of my posting. No fair!
i am not blaming u! but jus rather irritated by the fact that the mods discouraged us to post in the posting games forum as the spam there will affect internet connection and now even without doing so, the net connection is still affected. HOW IRONIC IT CAN BE?

i haven been noticing ur post. but it isnt really necessary to reply so much. i wonder if you guys stay in front of the comp with only one window - AHS open. but at least u are better than others who have more than 10000 posts out there.. those are really... speechless.

Last edited by alternarist; 19th September 2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 19th September 2007, 04:22 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Well posting after everyone's reply certainly isnt helping. People don't seem to understand that this server is PAID for. We do the best we can, and for free. Some of us, a lot less than free. Think about it. You're getting something for free (AHS) and you're complaining about it. Don't you think you should be thankful that you have this online community instead of being so critical? I dont mean to say "don't be annoyed with the slow server", but cut down on being so critical.

I'm annoyed with the server being so slow too. But it certianly isn't something the mods are TRYING to make happen, and keeping a real reason secret and shifting blame. Geez. Talk about conspiracy theory.

People are working hard on the problem. Just cause you don't see the threads doesn't mean it's not happening.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 19th September 2007, 10:29 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Well posting after everyone's reply certainly isnt helping.
That's true. And the posting games forum was closed because too many posts cause the server to clog. Just because a certain forum isn't closed, that doesn't mean that posting there isn't going to make the server crash and go slow so some of these ridiculous posts and threads may have something to do with the server going slow.

Quote:
Think about it. You're getting something for free (AHS) and you're complaining about it. Don't you think you should be thankful that you have this online community instead of being so critical? I dont mean to say "don't be annoyed with the slow server", but cut down on being so critical.
I agree. I hope I'm not being too critical.

And we know you may be trying to help but since you all don't really tell us that (well I haven't heard anything so maybe you have) it seems as if you aren't trying to do anything because we haven't heard about you trying to do anything. Anyways, I'm not on here a lot but sometimes when I do come on here it does weird things. Like when I try to reply it still looks like it is loading but then when I come back to the topic later the reply is actually there. That's kind of annoying mostly for em because I don't know if I've posted 23043-104912- replies. If you see me spamming I can assure you I didn't do it myself.

Last edited by Sweet_Ai; 19th September 2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 19th September 2007, 11:52 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Well, the staff surely is trying to solve these problems. Do you guys think we're happy with these server issues? I have a lot of trouble trying to post here sometimes. It's not like I rave and feast over such an annoying issue. Btw, the staff has posted several times here that they're trying to solve the issue. We don't have to repeat that after every single post someone makes in this thread. The fact no definite solution has came up doesn't mean we aren't trying. It's just that THIS problem isn't as easy/simpler to solve as some people here might think and it is surely troubling the staff as much as regular initiates.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 20th September 2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:01 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
well, the chat forum has been becoming its own posting game forum nowadays anyway, so its like the game forum hasn't gone away at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory View Post
Well posting after everyone's reply certainly isnt helping. People don't seem to understand that this server is PAID for. We do the best we can, and for free. Some of us, a lot less than free. Think about it. You're getting something for free (AHS) and you're complaining about it. Don't you think you should be thankful that you have this online community instead of being so critical? I dont mean to say "don't be annoyed with the slow server", but cut down on being so critical.

I'm annoyed with the server being so slow too. But it certianly isn't something the mods are TRYING to make happen, and keeping a real reason secret and shifting blame. Geez. Talk about conspiracy theory.

People are working hard on the problem. Just cause you don't see the threads doesn't mean it's not happening.
Thank you for saying something cory, the complaints lately are ridiculous. I'm sure the server would work better if the 10K+ members paid for it. *sarcastic* Its a free forum thats very large ofcourse there's gonna be some server problems. seriously, I'm annoyed with it too, but what can you do but wait?

--
music.

Old 20th September 2007, 12:07 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Btw, the staff has posted several times here that they're trying to solve the issue. We don't have to repeat that after every single post someone makes in this thread.
I didn't say you didn't but I'm not one of those members that comes to this site 24/7, and when I do it's only the Chat Room or Japanese Culture forum so I often don't notice those announcements. Geez. Sorry.

Last edited by Sweet_Ai; 20th September 2007 at 12:17 AM.
Old 20th September 2007, 04:04 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
I dont think that was meant directly at you, but a general comment. There have been threads talking about the server issue, and I'm sure I've mentioned it in this thread from time to time.

The thing for everyone to remember, and this is nothing new being said, but that this is a really large forum with a lot of traffic. You have to purchase server space, as well as maintain it and NOT abuse it... to complain is kind of to spit inthe face of the people that work hard to get it to the place it is.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Last edited by Corybobory; 20th September 2007 at 04:15 AM.
Old 21st September 2007, 07:13 AM
July 1st Initiate

Ok ok, mods, don't take this the wrong way! I'm sure most of us initiates know that the server is paid for (thank you so much for all the work you people put in! ), ok, maybe not all, but the majority of us!

We just want to know what's happening to the server and what's causing all the lags. Now that you folks have told us what's happening, yup, I'm sure we're cool with it. I think the important thing is probably to have perhaps have some kind of indicator so that initiates know whether the problem is with their connection, or with the forum server itself. Kind of like you know, whether the server status is ACTIVE or INACTIVE. Something like that.

In that case, initiates who come here on a day to day basis won't totally go into spasm when they cannot enter the forums. The mods might want to consider having a separate blog kind of thing so that all initiates know where to check in case they can't get on. Thanks a lot for all your work put into the forums! We really appreciate it! (At least the older generation does! )