[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~MOON/blossom~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th July 2010, 05:26 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
It's so weird to see people calling this a weak single, because almost everything about it amazed me Oh well. I'm glad it's selling as well as it is.
Lol same. I haven't been this excited about an Ayu single since Days/GREEN (although Rule/Sparkle was pretty good) but yeah, in terms of promo I have to agree with SURREAL_RAINBOW. This single deserved a lot more. 34K is pretty good though, that #1 weekly is definitely hers.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 14th July 2010, 05:33 PM
still alone Initiate

I think for her next 49th and 50th im gunna buy 2 copies the cd +dvd and the a cd version
just to make sure i helped out as much as i could with ayu's sales XP

set made my me

Old 14th July 2010, 05:39 PM
Lelio Protector

I actually think that MOON and blossom are very strong songs.
They are very postively melancholic and the comoposition is not that hard to get into though yeah they are not experimental new styles or anything, which is not important to me personally.
meaning of Love's (Acoustic Piano version) just adds to that. I also really loved the covers, nothing deep but they are really beautiful.

There will be always two sides of the consensus and it's normal. =D
Old 14th July 2010, 05:41 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitepiper View Post
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/
33,974 real one ♥ without promotion it's really nice
total relief... good one!

she remains #1
Old 14th July 2010, 05:42 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

As what I am seeing, I think this is the lowest sales that Ayu might ever make for a single! And it's all because of no mag promos and/or TV appearances just because she's still busy working hard? Earlier, I said that I have a sense that Ayu's era could be coming to an end - I hope this could end AFTER Ayu makes her 50th single, which if she gets #1 on that as well as the 49th single (crossroad), she could eclipse the streak that Seiko Matsuda held for about 20 years or so - the most consecutive #1 singles...

I think Ayu is still staying strong right now, but with changes in the music industry on how people get their music, it could be quite interesting. We'll just have to see - we only have done just the first day in the sales books!
Old 14th July 2010, 05:45 PM
Connected Initiate

33k is GODD enough for ayu! i hope its number 1 for 1 week ! XD

| PM me for set request |

Old 14th July 2010, 06:07 PM
still alone Initiate

Its weird that people are saying Ayumi's era is coming to an end.... Look at the other places number 2 on the daily has significantly less copies sold than hers. Other solo female artists that are considered to be at the top of the music industry( Namie Amuro, Koda Kumi, Ai Otsuka, Kana Nishino, Yui) are also selling around 100,000 per week, if not less. Perhaps the popularity of solo singers is declining but Ayumi still remains at the top of the solo singers. So i dont think Ayumi's time is coming to an end.
EDIT: just thinking quickly wouldn't it be good if Oricon made a chart for solo singers and a chart for groups? I think that would be more fair ANyone else agree? 0_o

set made my me

Old 14th July 2010, 06:08 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
As what I am seeing, I think this is the lowest sales that Ayu might ever make for a single! And it's all because of no mag promos and/or TV appearances just because she's still busy working hard? Earlier, I said that I have a sense that Ayu's era could be coming to an end - I hope this could end AFTER Ayu makes her 50th single, which if she gets #1 on that as well as the 49th single (crossroad), she could eclipse the streak that Seiko Matsuda held for about 20 years or so - the most consecutive #1 singles...

I think Ayu is still staying strong right now, but with changes in the music industry on how people get their music, it could be quite interesting. We'll just have to see - we only have done just the first day in the sales books!
By tomorrow it will outsell ayu's lowest selling single which is her first one, poker face that sold 43,140 in total.
YOU sold 78,260 in total so it will most likely outsell that as well.
For My Dear... sold 74,440 in total so it's another single to outsell.
Next one to outsell would be talkin' 2 myself but I'm not sure if it will be able to. Maybe.
Old 14th July 2010, 06:17 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Good Luck Ayu!!!!!!
Her sales are OK, but i hope she can sell more and more

TWICE

Old 14th July 2010, 06:30 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumiAi View Post
Its weird that people are saying Ayumi's era is coming to an end.... Look at the other places number 2 on the daily has significantly less copies sold than hers. Other solo female artists that are considered to be at the top of the music industry( Namie Amuro, Koda Kumi, Ai Otsuka, Kana Nishino, Yui) are also selling around 100,000 per week, if not less. Perhaps the popularity of solo singers is declining but Ayumi still remains at the top of the solo singers. So i dont think Ayumi's time is coming to an end.
EDIT: just thinking quickly wouldn't it be good if Oricon made a chart for solo singers and a chart for groups? I think that would be more fair ANyone else agree? 0_o
Oh god no! Lol. That would be unfair to those who managed to beat the others and unfair to those in the past, who didn't have such luxuries. Besides, they can't go around changing the charts every single time the music trends change. In the 90s you had this strong Band Boom going on and rock bands were definitely the most popular. (The era of B'z, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Glay, Mr. Children etc.) After that, solo singers. Now, boybands. Imagine them changing the charts every single time!
Old 14th July 2010, 06:34 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
Oh god no! Lol. That would be unfair to those who managed to beat the others and unfair to those in the past, who didn't have such luxuries. Besides, they can't go around changing the charts every single time the music trends change. In the 90s you had this strong Band Boom going on and rock bands were definitely the most popular. (The era of B'z, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Glay, Mr. Children etc.) After that, solo singers. Now, boybands. Imagine them changing the charts every single time!
Yea I guess your right it was just a passing thought XP I didnt really think it through. oh god boybands... if only people werent obsessed with em. I dont see what people obsess over with Arashi i've tried time and time again to get into them but there might have been 1 song i liked. Meh i wont judge tastes

set made my me

Old 14th July 2010, 06:39 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
I think for her next 49th and 50th im gunna buy 2 copies the cd +dvd and the a cd version
just to make sure i helped out as much as i could with ayu's sales XP
I think I will too. I was hoping her new single would be released around the time of Perfume's so I could kill two birds with one stone but it doesn't look to be that way so I might as well go for another version since I'll have more money.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 14th July 2010, 06:51 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Yea I guess your right it was just a passing thought XP I didnt really think it through. oh god boybands... if only people werent obsessed with em. I dont see what people obsess over with Arashi i've tried time and time again to get into them but there might have been 1 song i liked. Meh i wont judge tastes
Hehe, truth still is that a boyband's succes is 30% music, 50% the member's "personalities"(or at least the one the company gives them) and 20% being shoved in peoples' faces XD

I mean, I luv meself some Arashi now and then, but I'm not going to pretend that they're as popular as they are because they make amazing music.
Old 14th July 2010, 06:54 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
Hehe, truth still is that a boyband's succes is 30% music, 50% the member's "personalities"(or at least the one the company gives them) and 20% being shoved in peoples' faces XD

I mean, I luv meself some Arashi now and then, but I'm not going to pretend that they're as popular as they are because they make amazing music.
Yea i have to agree with you there I mean i've tried so man times to get into Arashi cuz i feel like the odd one out who doesnt like em but i cant! like maybe i liked 2 of their songs but i've listened to all their cd's and musically there's nothing that's like i need to buy their cd's >.< thats just my opinion

set made my me

Old 14th July 2010, 06:58 PM
walking proud Initiate

Oh boy...33K ain't all that much . Well I'm rooting for you Ayu!
Old 14th July 2010, 07:24 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I just like 1 song of Arashi ~_~. I really tried and they aren't good enough for me. I just like 2 japanese boy bands (Kat-tun and Kanjani8. Oh and Tohoshinki but they are korean xD). I think korean boy bands are way better than japanese.
MOON/blossom deserve to have good sales. I'm hoping for 90k-100k and I'll be happy =). I don't think ayu is over or something. Just solo singers aren't the "thing" anymore and don't appeal people like they did in the past. The market change and isn't just for one person but for everyone and you have to fit in so you'll fail. So I don't think ayu is failing or something. Just look at her shows and you can tell =) ahd she's still ranking in #1 spot so I don't what we have to complain.

Last edited by Michan; 14th July 2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 14th July 2010, 07:33 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Maybe this is the lowest selling single that Ayu get a #1 for - it seems maybe because of the current competition and the popularity it seems that Ayu has a "virtual handicap" - no more huge runaways like Arashi today...

But I'm kind of quite surprised that the Hexagon All Stars started out #7! At least Arashi is #4, behind Ayu, Kyosuke and BREAKERZ...

Last edited by Bigtop; 14th July 2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 14th July 2010, 07:53 PM
still alone Initiate

I think also we should look at other country sales of Ayumi singles
All of Ayumi's cd's have topped numerous asian charts
like HK Taiwan China etc. Even when Guilty didnt top Oricon, it still topped all those charts
so i think Ayumi is safe! she'll keep on making amazing music.

set made my me

Old 14th July 2010, 08:11 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I feel bad for not buying the single ;__; idk i liked the songs they were great,
but it just didnt seem like it was a single i would buy. :/
Old 14th July 2010, 08:12 PM
still alone Initiate

:O you should order it now! XP (if you want) help suport ayumi : ) CdJapan is good and cheap

set made my me

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, hamasaki ayumi, moon / blossom, oricon