[Charts & Rankings] Days/GREEN ORICON SALES THREAD - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th December 2008, 11:31 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^I think that Japanese blog (Natsu Style) points out really well. Since avex started doing those FC special (e.g., teamayu preorder special), the first day sales (or preorder sales on Tuesday) is always very high, then the second (real release day) is always low. Back then the first and second day indexes are pretty close to each other. I think now avex is kinda similar to JE. First day huge index, then a sharp drop on the second day.

I think this doesn't necessarily apply to other companies tho. At least EMI doesn't have fan club preorder special for hikki, nor Sony handed out special gifts if you preorder Mika's VOICE .
Old 19th December 2008, 11:41 AM
ever free Initiate

Awww..... big drop on 3rd day..... I hope tomorrow's index stays over 5000
Old 19th December 2008, 11:54 AM
Replace Initiate

^

I thought it would be steadier & sell better than MW
cause it has bigger promo, 2 PVs
and just a waaay better

what a pity
Old 19th December 2008, 11:57 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
actually there are only three days left. Oricon weekly chart starts from Tues, and ends on Sunday. (MW is the exception because it was released on Apr 8, and this special day was on Monday).

My prediction for the follow three days will be: ~4000, ~5000, and ~5000..?
yeah, meant to say 3 XD Anyways that pattern is quite possible considering everything, and if it does happen it will most likely sell around 120+ k in the first week, which is pretty good. And even the the FC specials weren't there I still think the index wouldn't go below 20 k on the first day. And EMI doesn't have the special offers and Hikki's latest singles didn't really appeal to Japs at least in terms of purchasing the physical releases, though they did really well digitally and it seems that is happening to Ayu as well (at least with Days).

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 19th December 2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:10 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ yea, Days sells so well digitally, @Recochoku, it almost take over all categories!!

Old 19th December 2008, 12:28 PM
ourselves Initiate

this drop is depressing me! i hope it can keep #1 the rest of the week, but if it shrinks any more from here....

My travel blog
Old 19th December 2008, 12:52 PM
independent Initiate

oh thats a low number on the 3rd day.
But I never really expected a certain number so I'm not saddened. ^^

Old 19th December 2008, 02:31 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Wow it just keeps to dropp and dropp! >.<
But tomorrow its over 100'000!

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 19th December 2008, 03:17 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Shucks this is a disappointing day . I blame the failing economy.

99,165 is the new projected first week sales right? How did that number actually go up?
Old 19th December 2008, 03:30 PM
until that Day… Initiate

woah still position one..but a big drop though..
fighting Ayu!!!!!!
Old 19th December 2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfebaggins View Post
Shucks this is a disappointing day . I blame the failing economy.
rofl yes lets blame the "failing economy".

@njanjayrp: Umm, wut? Heart Station and Prisoner of Love were both hits in Japan. They both did well digitally and the sales were great as well given when they were released. Besides, how are u going to compare a single that was released a month before an album and a single that was released 2 months after the album which already had a song on it to a single that's of fresh material? =/

Last edited by Luv ~Venus~; 19th December 2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 19th December 2008, 04:22 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv ~Venus~ View Post
Well since people seem to use that excuse for TABOOs lackluster sales I figure we could use the same excuse in this scenario
Old 19th December 2008, 04:33 PM
winding road Initiate

^Well, it's not exactly an EXCUSE, I'm sure it plays into SOME people's decisions to buy the single. But I'm sure it's not enough to cause that big a drop sadly ;_;..

Old 19th December 2008, 04:57 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever*ayu View Post
^ yea, Days sells so well digitally, @Recochoku, it almost take over all categories!!
So the single isn't necessarily selling badly, the physical sales are... which makes sense if you think about it lol.
Old 19th December 2008, 05:36 PM
winding road Initiate

But weirdly, the song "Days" isn't available for some reason on iTunes Japan. Just GREEN and the 10th anniversary versions...

Old 19th December 2008, 06:08 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

considering that we are living in the age of piracy, any artist that is able to sell over 50,000 for a single earns more than respect in my book.

so stop whining!
Old 19th December 2008, 06:16 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv ~Venus~ View Post

@njanjayrp: Umm, wut? Heart Station and Prisoner of Love were both hits in Japan. They both did well digitally and the sales were great as well given when they were released. Besides, how are u going to compare a single that was released a month before an album and a single that was released 2 months after the album which already had a song on it to a single that's of fresh material? =/

That's easy, I could name at least 2(B&D/Pride, Cherry Girl/Unmei) singles that were released a few weeks prior to an album which had better physical sales than HEART STATION/Stay gold. I mean come on who would buy a physical single which has no extras and at times not even a DVD when you can get the song online for less money (not to mention the "fan-made" looking covers). PoL might've been a dumb example as it was a recut but some people still think that MW is a recut (I don't tough) and even tough it didn't have a major jdrama to back it up it sold better physicly even tough the song wasn't a big hit like PoL was, simply because it had good bonuses and it didn't look cheap.

And don't worry you won't see a fresh material from Hikki (in Japan) unless there is a new ultra popular drama coming on as she doesn't seem to make music for any other reason the last 2 years, so there will be nothing to compare in a while, I'm afraid

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 19th December 2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 19th December 2008, 06:24 PM
neverending dream Initiate

I don't get it... why is everybody disappointed with the drop in sales and stuff? It's already doing better than Mirrorcle World and imo that's already good enough.

Old 19th December 2008, 07:53 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
That's easy, I could name at least 2(B&D/Pride, Cherry Girl/Unmei) singles that were released a few weeks prior to an album which had better physical sales than HEART STATION/Stay gold. I mean come on who would buy a physical single which has no extras and at times not even a DVD when you can get the song online for less money (not to mention the "fan-made" looking covers). PoL might've been a dumb example as it was a recut but some people still think that MW is a recut (I don't tough) and even tough it didn't have a major jdrama to back it up it sold better physicly even tough the song wasn't a big hit like PoL was, simply because it had good bonuses and it didn't look cheap.
The examples you've given are not most suitable ones hehe. B&D did have higher first week sales than HS/SG. The thing is back then digital sales were not that huge during 2005. Also, B&D was consider a failure in terms of sales. ~70K (? I forgot the exact sales figure) was a really embarrassing number for ayu in 2005. I wasn't shocked, but I was surprised how suddenly her weekly sales dropped that severely (168K from HEAVEN). Of course now we know that the Japanese didn't like the change (music wise) at all.
Old 19th December 2008, 07:53 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Does oricon count digital sales too? I
Closed Thread

Tags
128k smash!, days, green, oricon