Will things be better if Ayu leaves Avex? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 8th June 2013, 05:46 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

you would have thought that 5 years ago , the way she celebrated her 10th anniversary was bad but fast forward 5 years now , it's no better if not for the worst =x

let alone the way fellow artistes celebrate their big milestone in the business as compared to her , embarrassing much ?

I feel that ayumi would have decided to leave avex a long time ago but seems to me that she sees avex as a security blanket . What if she just let go just like that , would she feel even more lost than ever before ?

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 8th June 2013, 06:22 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^To be honest, I can't remember of any big celebration for 15th years on the business... Usually the big things starts while celebration 25, 30 years. For a pop singer, reminding the public that you are already old news tends to be far more problematic than helping.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th June 2013, 06:29 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
Someone is responsible for the low quality of her productions...

I'm not really sure who it is though.

When you see someone like Koda putting together all of these wonderful albums, like in terms of the physical products or her tour goods, bonus items, etc...it does make me wonder.
I just can't...my stomach >_>

I don't mind Ayu being singed to avex. If she ever decided to part ways with them, that's oke as well.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 8th June 2013, 07:24 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I never claimmed she is "oh, so diverse", neither that she is always rehashing stuff, so, please, before addressing any stan comment to me over here in the forum, don't try putting words on my mouth

What I always say is that she has 3 core music influences (dance, rock and orchestral) and that she is always experiementing with sub-genres of those genres without ever leaving pop music.

Now, if you guys want her going on AKB48 mode just to garantee some easy sales (what she is actually doing since 2005 when she started releasing several versions of the same release), that's ok, Emiko just proved my point about Koda not really being about good music and this makes easier to see what direction some people over here expect from Ayu. Now, I want good music (what she is delivering) and good performance (what she is also delivering), not material to discuss her hair or how expensive her shoes are.
Sure I did. The wonderful thing about the koda, is that we get good music that's fun to listen to, in spite of the fact that she isn't about that, if you want to go there.

Whatever. I was trying to say, what yumsushi and hseinko said. I do want good music from Ayu...but we get what we get from her, and you know what, that's okay because she's doing her thing and whatever. The physical productions though...meh. Her releases are just kinda boring.

I already said for myself, I don't care about her career, or her sales. I realise a lot of artists don't go "Koda" with their physical releases and bonus items...but Ayu used to. And considering that most of her sales are coming from the hardcore fans anyway, it would be really nice if they got a nice something extra once in a while...

and not just like, a digital earring or something.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 9th June 2013, 12:16 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I just can't...my stomach >_>
I'd rather listen to JAPONESQUE than anything Ayu has released past Love songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsienko View Post
She'd have more respect if she just quit like Utada instead of becoming a trainwreck like BoA.
omg preach it omg
Old 9th June 2013, 01:01 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
I'd rather listen to JAPONESQUE than anything Ayu has released past Love songs.
I think ayu has a few gems on LOVE again, but I so agree with this.
Old 9th June 2013, 01:36 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Japonesque sounds pretty much like anything Koda already released.

BoA is at her best moment sound-wise (in Korea, she is sucking hard in Japan)

Utada didn't quit

Old 9th June 2013, 04:57 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Japonesque sounds pretty much like anything Koda already released.
That has nothing to do with the fact Koda's recent music slays ayu's.
Old 9th June 2013, 06:03 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
That has nothing to do with the fact Koda's recent music slays ayu's.
According to the Koda stans, who are known to like listening to 500 versions of the same tired tracks and who judge the quality of the music based on how much crappy chroma key pvs the album came with.

They aren't very trustable taste-wise

Old 9th June 2013, 06:15 AM
rainy day Initiate

JAPONESQUE had an amazing art direction - something Ayu hasn't had for quite some time. But get real, that album was like a compilation of everything Ku had already done in the past, and had done better. JAPONESQUE excelled nowhere besides the fact that Okay was a step up from No way and LOVE TECHNIQUE was fun as **** to listen to.

Honestly, I don't see any hope for Ayu anymore. The image people have come to accept from her is not a pleasant one. Her personal life is/was out of control, and she seems very gimmick-y now. That's what I'm getting from reading translated opinions. No matter how you try to spin Ayu now, she will always never be viewed as anything more than what she currently is viewed as.

Last edited by Zeke.; 9th June 2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 9th June 2013, 06:25 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
According to the Koda stans, who are known to like listening to 500 versions of the same tired tracks and who judge the quality of the music based on how much crappy chroma key pvs the album came with.

They aren't very trustable taste-wise
DAMN! That's ****ed up. Lol. But I'm not offended. Your opinion is just as valid and I respect that you at least voice it.
Old 9th June 2013, 10:23 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
JAPONESQUE had an amazing art direction - something Ayu hasn't had for quite some time. But get real, that album was like a compilation of everything Ku had already done in the past, and had done better. JAPONESQUE excelled nowhere besides the fact that Okay was a step up from No way and LOVE TECHNIQUE was fun as **** to listen to.
Okay was in Dejavu, wasn't it?
Anyway, I don't think the problem is the music, because Ayu is still doing what she wants with that. We're discussing about the marketing she's offered, I suppose. And JAPONESQUE (apart from being amazing imo) was brilliant as a release.

Hello new me...

Old 9th June 2013, 11:09 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsienko View Post
The king craft of this whole thing was the 15th anniversary releases it was the same thing like 4 times and then for collecting everything you're rewarded with a wallpaper... are you serious? It's pathetic not to mention highly insulting to us as fans for them to try to feed us this bull*****.

Clearly she has gotten complacent, she's approves this marketing, she doesn't perform on TV anymore, she keeps rehashing the same "Love" concept over and over and over and over again. She needs to get it together or just bow out if she doesn't want to do it anymore. She'd have more respect if she just quit like Utada instead of becoming a trainwreck like BoA.
I agree with everything you said.
And I don't know about the quality of her music anymore.. It has been going down since RnrC. I mean some of the arrangements and mixes on Lovesongs, LOVE again + Party Queen were just plain horrible just like her PVs. :/
Old 9th June 2013, 11:20 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I honestly wish people would stop comparing the two they are nothing alike. I'm also sick of Kuu fans using her as an example to put ayu down. If you have a problem with ayu's direction there is no need to drag Kuu or anyone else into it.
Old 9th June 2013, 11:25 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Yeah I kinda feel bad for bringing her up...she's was just kinda the most known example of someone who releases a lot of bonus crap with their albums and stuff. I didn't think people would start comparing their damn music. I mean **** my life.

Anyways, I guess most of the idol-y people do a lot of extra things, or have nice direction when it comes to booklets and stuff.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 9th June 2013, 12:20 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Honestly, I don't see any hope for Ayu anymore. The image people have come to accept from her is not a pleasant one. Her personal life is/was out of control, and she seems very gimmick-y now. That's what I'm getting from reading translated opinions. No matter how you try to spin Ayu now, she will always never be viewed as anything more than what she currently is viewed as.
The truth in this breaks my heart.

Last edited by George; 9th June 2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 9th June 2013, 02:28 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Basically I just don't like the way avex planned the way ayumi celebrated her 10th anniversary 5 years ago & then right now , her 15th anniversary

Both aspects seemed very unfulfilling if not a joke . Like what hsienko pointed out , what kind of message avex is trying to send out to everyone ? Buy 5 releases within 5 months back to back & then get rewarded with a downloadable wallpaper from the net ?

This or more less devalued what could have been a happy if not rewarding 15th anniversary celebration of an artiste in the very 1st place

In fact , I can buy 2 copies of different editions of an album & I can do the exact same thing at 1/2 if not 3/4 of the total cost you pay for all 5 releases

Maybe avex should learn a two from Sony BMG since this year's SID's 10th anniversary & as part of their 10th anniversary , they have lined up 10 different projects that will all take place within this year which makes things more fun , exciting if not less insulting to fans who have supported SID from then til now

If not , do what ZAIN RECORDS does , tell their artistes under their care to celebrate their anniversary in the business on a yearly basis but in this case , most of which are done in the most wonderful if not satisfying manner

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 9th June 2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 9th June 2013, 03:27 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
Yeah I kinda feel bad for bringing her up...she's was just kinda the most known example of someone who releases a lot of bonus crap with their albums and stuff. I didn't think people would start comparing their damn music. I mean **** my life.

Anyways, I guess most of the idol-y people do a lot of extra things, or have nice direction when it comes to booklets and stuff.
Don't worry, it wasn't your fault. You clearly were bringing up Koda in a relevant way. Her music started being brought up and I had to jump in. (That's my girl.) So it's my bad too.

But I agree that ayu's music really has little to do with her marketing strategies or wonky single releases. And even if ayu leaves avex her marketing may change a bit, but her music definitely won't.
Old 9th June 2013, 03:34 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I honestly wish people would stop comparing the two they are nothing alike.
& when it's about music we are all different it's so subjective... someone who like r&b & electro/dance tunes will prefer singers like kumi and someone who prefer pop/rock/experimental tunes will prefer Ayu ...

People should cease to be obsessed about image & the material things ! Personally I don't care if she wears a pantie on her cover or if she wears a panther outfit I'm interested by music only. Nevertheless, I will not lie if the image is good it's even better but it's not essential

I'm really hurried to see which approach her next album will have ! I've the feeling when I read the interviews for Love again that she only chooses the songs created for her since a long time there were no creation just a pawed of songs never released (good songs but nothing really new for her except a few songs)...

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 9th June 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 9th June 2013, 05:14 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
Okay was in Dejavu, wasn't it?
Oh yes you are right. I had been confused since lately I had been playing Dejavu and JAPONESQUE but only the songs from JAPONESQUE which I like and that is two of them... IN THE AIR and LOVE TECHNIQUE. No Man's Land is ok too but not ground-breaking.

Tags
avex, ayu