Ayu at 2018 FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri July 25th - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th July 2018, 04:13 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I liked the performance, but didn't love it. Would easily prefer her to sound a little worst and give more energy ans movement.

Still, I'm aware I'm the minority in here and I'm glad the live is well received.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 26th July 2018, 04:32 PM
too late Initiate

As a person who watches Japanese entertainment shows since 2005, I think I can say it's pretty standard for old artists (5+ years of carreer) to sing old songs in these specials. Ayu was one of the exceptions, cause she was singing new releases even after 10 years from her debut.

In her second half of carreer, her sales went downhill (and it's pretty normal considering her time in business and the crazy schedule of releases during the first half) and she lowered consistently her TV appearances. People under 20s barely remember her as an active media personality, even they know she's important and so big. Nevertheless, they recognize some songs that are pretty popular during their childhood (like BLUE BIRD and Greatful days), so it's kinda strategic grab both younger and older audiences by nostalgia while you're promoting a summer playlist which contains demos of a new mysterious song, hinting she's doing new stuff.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 26th July 2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 26th July 2018, 05:01 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I’m pretty sure that was live?

They showed Ayu and Timmy chatting before the commercial break prior to her performance...
Yes, they did show them rehearsing/discussing something, but there was no indication it was a live footage.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that most of the performances had LIVE logo and the rest didn't.

Also I think you can see that there were several takes: in the end of "Greatful days" when she's singing "la la la..." and clapping her hands, her hand very suddenly ends up being on her waist when the camera angle changes, or in the beginning of this song when she's doing the same thing - one frame her head is looking down, next frame she's looking straight.

Head is looking down, hands are together.

Next frame, head is looking straight, hands are separated:
Old 26th July 2018, 05:28 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
The real issue tho, is will she actually wear a flattering outfit. Lol jk but only a little

She’s had rather bad luck in that department recently lol.

Her private outfits are so great, but her stage outfits (particularly for tv) have been doing nothing for her for the past few years. Because she’s so short, it makes cut and fit and colors all the more important.
Yes, I agreed!
She actually wore something similar back in the HANABI era, and I thought it was super cool, beautiful and with character back then. No one find how big her boobs looks like in the show...? that I thought somehow, this outfit doesn't really fitting for her...

That aside, I thought she sang rather well!!
And she still looks stunning overall~

Btw... this the jeans-dress I was talking 'bout.
https://youtu.be/4H04EVu4yXM
Old 28th July 2018, 08:22 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I liked the performance, but didn't love it. Would easily prefer her to sound a little worst and give more energy ans movement.

Still, I'm aware I'm the minority in here and I'm glad the live is well received.
Yeah i could clearly tell she was focusing on her singing more than engaging with the audience. But i sort of liked that focused Ayu and totaly reminded me of the performance she dud years ago in the jeans dress. I just wished there was no dance group bechind her. But they sort of were what brought in the energy back. It's a solid performance to me...however the 2008 vibrato just needs to die complitelly for once and for all. I wish she would stop faking it.....
Old 29th July 2018, 06:55 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Yeah i could clearly tell she was focusing on her singing more than engaging with the audience. But i sort of liked that focused Ayu and totaly reminded me of the performance she dud years ago in the jeans dress. I just wished there was no dance group bechind her. But they sort of were what brought in the energy back. It's a solid performance to me...however the 2008 vibrato just needs to die complitelly for once and for all. I wish she would stop faking it.....
Using such vibrato makes it much easier to hit the notes. I think if she stopped using it, she'd go off-key more often.

Last edited by Chris85; 29th July 2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 29th July 2018, 07:14 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^There's also an aesthetical aspect to it, as japanese singing tends to prefer vibratos. I have a friend who sings enka in karaoke competitions and she told me once they actually get worst classification if they don't execute vibratos through the songs.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th July 2018, 11:47 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
What a throwback !!! If I didn’t know I would definitely think that’s a pic of 2002 ! She is damn cute ... people are so hard on her ... obviously she has gained more muscles since some times but she looked good I can’t be believe that people call her fat ...

Btw she was on point vocally just like before I’m really satisfied.
omg sooooo 2002!!

I'm so happy she's still here

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 29th July 2018, 11:57 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The LINE LIVE makes me wonder just how long ago FNS was taped.
Old 30th July 2018, 10:24 AM
Because of You Initiate

OMG that dress! "H" era! I am so happy to see this dress back.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 30th July 2018, 11:27 AM
ayu trance Initiate

She sounded nice and more in control. I know that she is never going to be a perfect vocalist with insane skills and range but she is still one of my favorite JPOP singers.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 30th July 2018, 06:55 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Using such vibrato makes it much easier to hit the notes. I think if she stopped using it, she'd go off-key more often.
I don't think using your jaw to "produce" vibrato is anything of helping her....i dunno...
Also i find it weird, because she has hit high notes with a nice natural sounding vibrato in not-so-far past, and did a good job in the LINE LIVE too.
I might ask one of my friends about this who actually IS learning vocals from a legit source lol i'm curious now, and i know too little about this stuff myself.
Old 31st July 2018, 04:48 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
I don't think using your jaw to "produce" vibrato is anything of helping her....i dunno...
Also i find it weird, because she has hit high notes with a nice natural sounding vibrato in not-so-far past, and did a good job in the LINE LIVE too.
I might ask one of my friends about this who actually IS learning vocals from a legit source lol i'm curious now, and i know too little about this stuff myself.
I mean if you use vibrato it's much easier to hold the note. If you aren't a highly trained singer and you're trying to hold a note without vibrato, you will strain your voice and won't be able to sustain tone. Not stating that her vibrato is proper, just that without any vibrato she'll be in trouble.
Old 31st July 2018, 10:12 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Now that you mentioned it, I think I've heard a vocalist say that it's very hard to hold high notes without damaging your vocals if you're not doing vibrato. But they specifically said it about high notes, while most of ayu's vibratos are at low notes iirc.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not a professional or anything, that's just what I've heard from someone else

Tags
fns