New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [IX] - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2012, 09:42 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I don't mind his voice in NaNaNa at all, I like it lol
Old 15th March 2012, 09:42 PM
End of the World Initiate

^I agree. I just don't see what the big deal is with Timmy's vocals. Who cares? I just feel like, you either like the song with his vocals or you don't. It seems like a whole lot of trouble to edit the song to cut his part and/or other parts you don't like out. Then it becomes another thing entirely. But whatever people want to do, I guess.

久しぶり〜

Old 15th March 2012, 09:44 PM
I am... Initiate

I wrote that using a song or parts of it to create a new piece of art is completely fine. Just cutting something out of a song because you don't like it is disrespectful. One is a compliment to the artist by using their work as one part of something new, the other is an insult to an artist by placing yourself above them.

However, I've never told anyone what to do or not to do, I just stated my opinion on it.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:47 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Really. This is not a big thing for me. The one who makes this "editing-issue" is you. Taking out a couple of ""whoaohoh" isn't chaning the song nor disrespecting the artist. In your world I guess I'm an extremely disrespectful fan then. How dare I even try to edit some of Ayu's photos from different photoshoots into my own liking for an example? Shame on me!

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:49 PM
I am... Initiate

I love AHS drama. It consists of people taking one or two sentences completely out of context. Read my whole post before you reply please. And if you have read it again until you'll actually take it into context.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:53 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

This actually reminds me of a conversation I once had with my art professor.

He was telling me about these people he knew in Africa that once received a sculpture from some artist. And the first thing they did with it, was add all these nails and studs to the sculpture.

And he said that his other friend saw them doing this, and freaked out, cause they were altering the artwork. But their reasoning was, that in their culture, whenever they receive an art piece, they immediately alter it to make it theirs, and it becomes something special that way.

It was supposed to be a commentary on how "attached" we are to our artworks. And how we horde them and obsess over them, and how sometimes we forget that art is supposed to be shared.

Whatever. It reminds me of this. A little. I don't think it's disrespectful....in that sense, but I think it's just a little more sad that you're taking away something very specific, instead of adding, or changing, just because you can't appreciate it, or see the value in it.

That's the difference anyway.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 15th March 2012, 09:54 PM
forgiveness Initiate

No no darl that was not out of context. Like I wish there haven't been a couple of "whoaohoh" in RR and would if I could but now I can't, edit them out. Isn't that like me taking Ayu's covers from whatever album photshoot and edit them into a set within my own liking. Like changing her hair colour. Is that disrespectful for you too?

In the end this is just a matter of two different ways of seeing things. I don't see editing out a small chanting from RR as a disrespectful thing and you do.

AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:56 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I cannot even pretend to care about what people find of others who edit a track. Disrespectful? Let's call everyone who edits tracks disrespectful. In fact, Let's call the people who make alternate covers disrespectful at all! And while we're at it, let's call people who tag 浜崎あゆみ songs 'ayumi hamasaki' songs disrespectful.

But seriously, I cannot stand the part where Timmy (imo) basically ****s up the track so much that when I hear it I want to skip to an other song. Why not cut it out to make it more to my liking (and others), I definitely don't think it's disrespectful at all.

But whatever, reasoning with certain AHS-members is totally wasting time.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:57 PM
I am... Initiate

a) I was quite clearly saying that I am not telling anyone what to do and only stating my own opinion on the amtter just like the people that are going to edit something, which is why I don't get your reaction. Do it if you like, I just personally find it disrespectful.
b) I made a difference between changing something because you don't like it and creating a new work of art using elements of another. Which you seem to ignore. As I said, one is an insult("I can do it/make it better"), the other is a compliment("I like your work so much I incorperate it into a new piece of art")
Old 15th March 2012, 09:59 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
I cannot even pretend to care about what people find of others who edit a track. Disrespectful? Let's call everyone who edits tracks disrespectful. In fact, Let's call the people who make alternate covers disrespectful at all! And while we're at it, let's call people who tag 浜崎あゆみ songs 'ayumi hamasaki' songs disrespectful.
You're simply a douchebag not even trying to get the whole point but instead picking out completely wrong assumptions and then even insulting the people that wrote them while YOU are the one ignoring the point on purpose. I'm not sure if you're dumb or trolling. Even after explaining something two or three times you tend to pick something completely different out of things that wasn't even meant and then you're stuck on it.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:05 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Since you don't seem to get it out of my answers already, let me point them up to you, just like you did for me.

a answer) I never said that you tried to make me not editing or whatever. I know you never said that I shouldn't do it or whatever. All I know that you said that you thought it was disrespectful. That's all I got from you. I was just trying to explain to you why I didn't take it as a hard matter as you and why I don't think it's disrespectful.

b answer) No I did not ignore what you said. How can you even get that from the things I have written? I have never said that "I can do it/make it better". I said I don't like it and for me it's such a downer that I wish I could have that small chanting edited out and RR would be one of my new huge Ayu favourites. I freaking adore everything about this song (except that whoahoahoa). That smashing on the piano, organs, vocals, lyrics, heavy feeling. Truly amazing. Only because I feel like that chanting is annoying doesn't make me into the whole "I can do it/make it better" section imo.

But like I said, it's just a matter of different oppinions and references.

Edit: Sorry for coming in again but, calling people douchebags is not really making things better. I'm sure you can have a reasonable discussion here without being offensive. Some of us simply don't enjoy the chaunting. That doesn't make us douchebags. It also doesn't mean that we don't get the picture of the song. We maybe just feel that the chanting doesn't have such a big impact to the song as you do. Again, different point of views. But it certainly doesn't make us into douchebags.

AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:

Last edited by MissElin_; 15th March 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:09 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
You're simply a douchebag not even trying to get the whole point but instead picking out completely wrong assumptions and then even insulting the people that wrote them while YOU are the one ignoring the point on purpose. I'm not sure if you're dumb or trolling. Even after explaining something two or three times you tend to pick something completely different out of things that wasn't even meant and then you're stuck on it.
The pot calling the kettle black. You should learn how to handle conversations/discussions without swearing. I'm sure that the dumb douchebag award goes to you. Might as well add in the dramaqueen award.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:16 PM

It's interesting to see people's logic, or lack thereof, in their arguments.

Suffice it to say, the only person who's had a decent one, besides my wonderful self of course, is LoL. Mostly because his logic gets down to the very bottom, which is the difference of opinion.

MissElin, darling, I wish I knew WHY you thought it wasn't disrespectful, instead of just making analogies to editing pictures, and going off on LoL.

RayJ's arguements are a little more sound...though he did make some stupid analogies as well, like the whole romaji thing. What is that about. Just leave it out. That doesn't help you. Then your argument also goes down to difference of opinion...

which won't be settled. But I still find it comical to see people's thoughts on the matter.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 15th March 2012, 10:16 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

omg...seriously, who cares?! -_-

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 15th March 2012, 10:17 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:

But seriously, I cannot stand the part where Timmy (imo) basically ****s up the track so much that when I hear it I want to skip to an other song. Why not cut it out to make it more to my liking (and others), I definitely don't think it's disrespectful at all.

But whatever, reasoning with certain AHS-members is totally wasting time.
For the record, I agree with your example. Everyone loves them some alternate covers, but seriously, if you want to argue being disrespectful to the music, you have to say the same about people who edit or change the covers. That is the visual part of their "work of art" - see how strongy Ayu herself felt about the covers to Party Queen and the message she was trying to get across.

And I seriously can't stand when AHS-ers throw out the words "troll" and "stan" anytime they get the chance or in the heat of an argument. Sorry just had to put that out there how stupid that is, lol.

Last edited by Zeke.; 15th March 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:31 PM
Dolls Initiate

u seriously have this conversation? lol let people do what they want
who cares
Old 15th March 2012, 10:36 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Wow, this blew out of proportions. Why can't we discuss things in a civil tone? Do whatever you want, holy crap.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 15th March 2012, 10:39 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
MissElin, darling, I wish I knew WHY you thought it wasn't disrespectful, instead of just making analogies to editing pictures, and going off on LoL.

RayJ's arguements are a little more sound...though he did make some stupid analogies as well, like the whole romaji thing. What is that about. Just leave it out. That doesn't help you. Then your argument also goes down to difference of opinion...
emi, darling. I was exaggerating. Hence the 'But seriously' in the next paragraph. I fail to see how superior-isthisLOL? and you overlooked that. And I don't think you should be the one saying how 'stupid' ones analogies are either.

I also find it comical that you point out how MissElin 'was going off on' isthisLOL?, while he bashed me (something what MissElin wasn't doing at all)... cronyism much?

Double post sorry!
Old 15th March 2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
emi, darling. I was exaggerating. Hence the 'But seriously' in the next paragraph. I fail to see how superior-isthisLOL? and you overlooked that. And I don't think you should be the one saying how 'stupid' ones analogies are either.

I also find it comical that you point out how MissElin 'was going off on' isthisLOL?, while he bashed me (something what MissElin wasn't doing at all)... nepotism much?
Oh good. I think we overlooked that because of the way we see you. But nice, next time I'll give you more credit

His argument was superior because he didn't beat around the bush, and went directly to the end all, which was the disrespectful thing...which he was talking about for like a page, and he's been giving concrete reasons to defend his opinion, as much as I don't agree with it.

And...Miss Elin and him were going at it before he even called you a douchebag. While he was repeating the same argument, and she was...idk talking about pictures and such...and her posts kept getting longer and longer...without really going anywhere And I still don't really see a concrete reason as to why it's not disrespectful, which I'm sure would have satisfied LoL anyway.

And please don't think I like isthisLoL, or something. He's as much of a douchebag as you are...but his argument was better, for a longer amount of time. That's it.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 15th March 2012, 10:51 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

I actually love Timmy's parts in NaNaNa, I think it really added to it. Nice to see Ayu really trying out different styles~ I'm not really bothered with people changing it, just do what you want to do. I think it's interesting if anything, and I'm happy they at least like parts of the song
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab