[News] "Tell All" full version - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th April 2013, 01:38 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I also feel this will be difficult for her to sing live without resorting to shouting.
The chorus already sounds semi-shouted to me - so she'll probably be able to recreate it.

On repeated listens, the production/mastering is definitely nowhere near her usual standards, so there has to be a single release or other physical release which fixes this. Because it kind-of ruins the song for me (in particular the chorus and heavy sections which sound incredibly distorted) when listening to it on anything larger than headphones. If this was intended to be the only release, Ayu would never release a 'rough' version of a song. Almost sounds like a demo.

I'm thinking - this will be released as either a double a-side or b-side with the other song that TA members are contributing vocals to (which sounds like a summer song) which corrects the mastering.

Last edited by Tony G; 9th April 2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 9th April 2013, 02:18 AM
Two of us Initiate

Compared to mirrorcle world this song is rather weak, maybe its in the lyrics. This song is old ayu, not her moving forward. Its good a solid song but doesn't grab me.
Old 9th April 2013, 02:40 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
The chorus already sounds semi-shouted to me - so she'll probably be able to recreate it.

On repeated listens, the production/mastering is definitely nowhere near her usual standards, so there has to be a single release or other physical release which fixes this. Because it kind-of ruins the song for me (in particular the chorus and heavy sections which sound incredibly distorted) when listening to it on anything larger than headphones. If this was intended to be the only release, Ayu would never release a 'rough' version of a song. Almost sounds like a demo.

I'm thinking - this will be released as either a double a-side or b-side with the other song that TA members are contributing vocals to (which sounds like a summer song) which corrects the mastering.
i totally forgot there will be a song with TA members contributing the chorus part... since ayu has given us a rock song like Tell All, the next will most probably be Red Line ~episode 2~ + TA chorusing.
Old 9th April 2013, 03:26 AM
YOU Initiate

This is Mirrorcle World part 2
Old 9th April 2013, 04:18 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulio stevanus View Post
This is Mirrorcle World part 2
This song sounds to me like Mirrorcle World + Microphone

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 9th April 2013, 05:06 AM
End roll Initiate

Better than Mirrorcle World, I think. I never thought much of that song. Mirror was already perfect in and of itself. Mirrorcle World just ruined it.
Old 9th April 2013, 05:15 AM
Connected Initiate

Really something diffferent cool song=)
Old 9th April 2013, 05:22 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

the song has yet to grow on me, or even have an impact on me
Old 9th April 2013, 06:04 AM
I am... Initiate

I really like the rock-orchestral blend of the instrumentals. Think it sounds a bit Gackt-ish haha. Throughout the years, I have always liked what she puts out - meaningful lyrics, solid instrumentals and a pleasant melody. Now if she would just improve on marketing herself once more..
Old 9th April 2013, 06:38 AM
July 1st Initiate

I know that her voice has improved since POWER or MUSIC, but still; a chain of 892 trillion performances for this year's 15th Anniversary TOUR will not leave much for her voice. Just like Song 4 u: such a perfect song, amazing on the CD, but fails as a live performance. Well, I hate to be so negative about this because I really want kickass performances, so let's hope she pulls herself together and figure something out.

PLEASE let there be a physical single. I somehow feel that this is the perfect time to release a come-back 51st single. With proper marketing and promotion, this perfection will go places.
Old 9th April 2013, 06:39 AM
Two of us Initiate

oh.. really forget the TA vocal song.

For me, I think MW is better than Tell all but TA is also fine. (Tell all short form is TA, just aware it)
Old 9th April 2013, 06:48 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro_Ray View Post
Tell all short form is TA, just aware it
Oh God, another Easter egg :O

Anyway, I think Tell All is at least catchier than Mirrorcle World. Mirrorcle World brings "huh?" to the average listener, while I believe Tell All would be much more, um, acceptable. Both the verse and chorus are very catchy and melodic (is that even the right term? "melodious"? That), so I find the song a couple of levels more superior than Mirrorcle World.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mirrorcle World to death. I spent two days in Paris trying to get to all places she used for the shooting of the PV, I used the song as ringtones, alarm, text tone etc. for years, and there's hardly a time where I'm tired of listening to it.

And now Tell All has arrived. I think you'll understand why my tits are not calm.
Old 9th April 2013, 08:18 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro_Ray View Post
(Tell all short form is TA, just aware it)
omg '-'
Old 9th April 2013, 01:33 PM
Over Initiate

I'm surprised no one mentioned Free & Easy yet. If anything was to be compared in terms of the arrangement, from a slow and soft ballad into a booming chorus and ending it with the slow notes again, it would be Free & Easy for me. It's actually pretty uncanny, lol.

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 9th April 2013, 01:38 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^I never noticed that, really... o_o; But now that I think about it, I may have to listen to it again.

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Old 9th April 2013, 03:20 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

^^ Agreed! I actually didn't start thinking about Mirrorcle World until people started bringing it up! Free & Easy was the very first thing I thought of

Although I've been on a Free & Easy listening binge recently, so it was fresh in my mind haha.

Also, I really like your signature~

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 9th April 2013, 04:38 PM
from your letter Initiate

song is so so, not really feeling it.
Old 9th April 2013, 05:26 PM
still alone Initiate

thank you for share!!
The lyrics are gourgeous!

Ayu is MY ALL

Old 9th April 2013, 11:22 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrakun View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned Free & Easy yet. If anything was to be compared in terms of the arrangement, from a slow and soft ballad into a booming chorus and ending it with the slow notes again, it would be Free & Easy for me. It's actually pretty uncanny, lol.
I mentioned it earlier. I'm impressed she's made a sing like it again after all these years. Kind of like when crossroad came out and a lof of people thought of her first album.
de tu puņo y letra
Old 10th April 2013, 04:41 AM
Over Initiate

^ Fair enough, then. I really couldn't see how people thought it was more similar to Mirrorcle World than Free & Easy. MW was pretty upbeat from the start minus the orchestral opening.

Listening to it again makes me love it even more. It's like I get it now! This song is definitely a grower for me. First few listens were just, no. I had it on repeat in the background while I did other things and it actually gave me a headache because of the first chorus, lol.

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Tags
15th anniversary, tell all