"Feel the love" short ver. PV - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2013, 10:01 PM
Two of us Initiate

worst PV ever, Ayu... you can do it so much better! I'm speechless....
Old 27th November 2013, 10:05 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
my problems with the video were:

- the subliminal message and how "wrong"it can be perceived
- Ayu looks bimbotic and embarrassing in the last scene. she can't... flirt with boys lol. that was so awkward.
Yes! I agree, it feels like we're all supposed to be laughing at the girl in the video because she's overweight or something. It doesn't come across right to me, but I'm sure that wasn't the intention.

It makes me think of that video (I wanna say it's Avicii but I'm not sure that's right - it's totally escaping me right now!) which features the girl talking to her counsellor saying something like "I go to work everyday, I go home, all I'm really doing is dying" except that's a really good video!

(I could do without Ayu's appearance at the end too - it seems so tacked on. And so much for James Ellis "starring" in the PV)

I hope Merry-go-Round is better.
Old 27th November 2013, 10:11 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

My only problem, is that. You know, Ayu could have gotten the EXACT SAME message across, if she had just starred in it herself.

She didn't even have to be overweight :/ It could have just been Ayu at the beginning, maybe in boring clothes or something, crushing on the guy. Then she gets determined to be her best and she runs everywhere.

Then at the end the guy ignores the her before, but then she comes out all pretty as her real self, and they're all happy.

Same message. No body shaming.

----------------------

I think some people are taking the "lose weight" interpretations too literally. I don't think AT ALL, that, it was Ayu's message to us. I don't think it was her intention to offend or say "you have to look like ___________."

The problem is that she was stupid and inconsiderate when pushing her own message.

Someone pointed this out somewhere else too, but the video is also, a bit of a disservice to men. Saying that, they wouldn't notice a person who isn't -whatever ideal- of beauty. The ending is completely abhorrent.

I agree that this is for the Japanese market, and it fits. But it's still really disappointing to see in someone like Ayu, who you'd think would be above being so petty.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 27th November 2013, 10:16 PM
End of the World Initiate

^ she kinda did that in my names WOMEN. Nerdy and insecure to hottie winning everyone over. But I agree, she should have done it. Or at least done something slightly more like Shallow Hal(the age old movie) make it more obvious that thats how HE sees her, and that she still looks like she did in the start to everyone who doesnt know her.

AegyoPOP ♦ Asian music downloads
Old 27th November 2013, 10:24 PM

yeah, I just feel like the "this is how he sees her now" interpretation is really slighted by how he ignores the fat girl when she calls him. Why didn't he just turn around, and then -yey- she's beautiful Ayu now.

At least it would have better insinuated that she's the same person.

And that's completely ignoring the question of why she has to turn into ayu in the first place.

But anyway. I don't even really think we need interpretations tbh. I think the message is obvious that it's work hard, and be the best you.

It's just done in really bad taste.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 27th November 2013, 10:29 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I didn't think the girl was laughable. You people are over-analyzing the PV and you are looking way too much into it. It's fine if you're overweight, but people who are as fat as this girl is need to loose weight for their own good. So no matter what you see and how you look at it, being fat isn't healthy and in all honesty it doesn't look pretty either. I doubt many would turn around, I know I prolly wouldn't...it's not something to be proud of, but different people are attracted to different things and shouldn't be judged the same way they aren't judging the people who are fine with being fat.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th November 2013, 10:37 PM
Who... Initiate

first you complain about boyfriend-girlfriend stories and when you get this, you wanna have a video where ayu gets her dream guy?

i think this is so different and wasn't expecting anything like this so i really enjoy it.

if we are going to analyze about that story, best comment comes from some user from facebook

Quote:
Did anyone care to look at the PV from a different perspective? The girl in the video fell in love with the guy with the balloons and Ayu just made a cute appearance at the end with a different guy. The video doesn't have anything to do with changing your appearance. It has to do with feeling better and working hard to be happy and find love.
Stop judging artists work with such a negative attitude and maybe you can actually find the true and positive meaning within it all.
People need to get over themselves.. 4real.
i don't think ayu is trying to give us a message which says BE HOT ASIAN LIKE ME SO U CAN GET A HOT GUY
Old 27th November 2013, 10:40 PM

^^There is a difference between someone just having a preference, and then someone having to become someone else just to be accepted.

And, it's fine if someone's overweight, but just not THIS overweight? How fat can people be or not be? What gives you the right to make the decision that someone else needs to lose weight?

Nothing lol

I don't think there is over-analyzing going on lol It's right in your face. Other people were already like "omg people are gonna take this negatively!" Hmm. I wonder why that is! Maybe because everything is right in front of you. Completely obvious, brainless, and bad.

Whatever. I'm glad that there are still people with brains at this forum. Sometimes I think that, the real deciding factor in some of us changing and no longer liking her PVs, is that we've grown up, and no longer accept bullshit. I'm done.

Let's just say that she falls in love with the balloon guy, and then Ayu just randomly appears. That makes her look better. I can do that.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Last edited by emi♡; 27th November 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 10:44 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I'm shocked how people are overreacting over a stupid PV. As if Ayu was singing "Feel the lawl" while choking puppies and eat hamburgers in front of starving children.

I'm happy she's finally trying something new, even though it turned out as a cheap PV. Maybe the inner beauty~ message was delivered better on how beautiful you are PV, but I don't really see anything offensive on Feel the love PV neither. Nobody is making fun of the fat girl, she's determinated to make herself feels better. She looks way better than Ayu who's acting stupid at the end.

I don't know guys, seriously you're taking too seriously this damn PV. Or maybe my point of view is different from yours, and I'm ok with this

Old 27th November 2013, 10:45 PM
appears Initiate

My only concern was I felt it played on Japanese stereotypes of Americans a little too much. I think the actress feeling comfortable to parody her weight and stuff is great, but I think the video just buys into Japanese stereotypes that Americans are fat slobs. The cartoon of the girl doesn't depict her in a flattering light at all.

At the end, I wasn't sure what the point was. I didn't see how the video tied into the song at all. Sure, the girl danced... sure, she felt love. But this video sincerely lacks the substance of even something like crossroad or MOON.

I'm so happy Ayumi is back with a single, but I'm disappointed the PVs were getting better with Missing and S4U, and then this happened.
Old 27th November 2013, 10:51 PM
End of the World Initiate

^ Very stereotypical :p like how about she dries her sweat with a chicken drumstick? :p

edit: for the people who are yelling at people for taking it too serious, why are you bothered by the discussion? Let people discuss what they want, it's only natural to be curious about this very un-ayu like choices she's made in this pv. I don't think any of us are going around with a gruge for ayu after this vid, people just wanna explain how they interpreted this. It's not Miley Cyrus who you can discuss with all your friends, its ayu, and most of us might not have so many friends who are into her they can discuss this with, so it all ends up here on the forum :p

AegyoPOP ♦ Asian music downloads

Last edited by kimmeh; 27th November 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:14 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^
I know what you mean, but I read posts that are really REALLY overanalyzes the PV. In both good and bad way. And I don't get it, because I don't see anything meaningful nor offensive.

But that's my opinion.

If there are people who can express their dislike for this PV, I can say people are taking the PV too seriously as well.

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 27th November 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:14 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
My only concern was I felt it played on Japanese stereotypes of Americans a little too much. I think the actress feeling comfortable to parody her weight and stuff is great, but I think the video just buys into Japanese stereotypes that Americans are fat slobs. The cartoon of the girl doesn't depict her in a flattering light at all.
Spot on!

Plus, it's all well and good to lose weight for your health / self-esteem, but losing weight simply to impress some shallow d-bag of a guy is a terrible message to send. I felt really happy during the scene when the woman got her hair and makeup done. She looked great and, more importantly, happy and confident! But then she just transformed into Ayu in a really tacky dress. Wth is that?

A better ending would have been the woman running right past the guy and continuing to have fun with her life.

I'm disappointed in Ayu. Seriously.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:27 PM
Lelio Protector

^If she went for the balloon guy then no one transformed to anyone.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:35 PM
MY STORY Initiate

And I forgot the guy with balloons completely. I was under the impression that fat girl wanted to be with him but now that someone mentioned that other dude, I think the girl was in love with him and not with this fitness guy with too much muscles on. Muscle guy was Ayu's man and the balloon guy fat girl's. It makes more sense too since the ending just doesn't make any sense.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 27th November 2013, 11:50 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Didn't the girl had a photo of this guy she was looking adoringly? If the guy in the photo isn't the muscle model, than there we have the answer. (I don't bother to check, because I dislike the PV for cheapness, not the storyline, so I don't feel like watching it again, lol)

Hello new me...

Old 27th November 2013, 11:50 PM
Sky high Protector

^Yes it's the muscle guys who is on the pic. But you can take as she fell in love with another guys (balloons) at the end. After all, the first one doesn't pay attention to her the first time he turned over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
first you complain about boyfriend-girlfriend stories and when you get this, you wanna have a video where ayu gets her dream guy?

i think this is so different and wasn't expecting anything like this so i really enjoy it.

if we are going to analyze about that story, best comment comes from some user from facebook

i don't think ayu is trying to give us a message which says BE HOT ASIAN LIKE ME SO U CAN GET A HOT GUY
Nice point of view. Thanks for sharing.

I love the fact that people brings different point of view and interpretations about a same pv.

Last edited by Yoake; 27th November 2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:51 PM
Because of You Initiate

lol what if they both see each other as a hot person? lol Love's blind after all xD would make perfect sense xD

on the other hand like people said she went after the baloon dude and the hottie turned around to see wth just happened there xD

Last edited by BlackSilence; 27th November 2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:59 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Love the pv. Totally different from what she did before. It's fresh, funny & colourful. For me the messages behind this pv are:
1) if you work hard you'll be able to reach your goal
2) If you accept yourself, you'll look great & beautiful in the eyes of others.
=> to accept yourself isn't as easy as you can think. It can take a lot of time & work to be able to do it. (it's why we see the girl runs and does sport during several days)

I don't think the message is : lose weight to be accepted by guys, girls. If it was that, we'll see the fat girl becomes thin. But here, the guys sees her differently....as a different person from what she was at the beginning (before she accepted herself as she is). It's why she turns into Ayu & she didn't slim down.

For me, this pv gets an international message too. The look of others on some people are formed by our societies (for example you never see fat people as model for a fashion magazine). The society want us to be as its wants, for example, thin. For me, Ayu denounce that. It's why she amplifies her acting at the end to look ridiculous...she wants us to laugh about that & wants us to stop to think that these things are the right thing to do or the most important things to do, to feel good about yourself. The first step is to accept yourself as you are & not to mould youself according to society's standarts.

Well, I don't know if what I wrote is really clear! Sorry >.<
You must be exhausted after all those mental gymnastics you just did to try and scrape a positive message out of this video. The Bro at the end completely dismisses the woman at first. He turns, see her, clearly thinks, "Oh, it's just that fatty," and turns away. It's not until the second time, when she's replaced by Ayu, that he acts really excited. So it seems sparkling crystal clear that he did not "see her differently," or else why didn't he see her differently the first time he turned around? And why is this "different" form the exact same standard of beauty society has been pushing (thin, heavily made-up, skanky dress, outrageous flirty behavior)?

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. There are a lot of ways to show someone "working hard" besides having them exercise and zooming in on jiggling fat rolls. There are clearer ways to show someone "accepting themselves" than to have a fat American woman transform into a hot Asian chick. The animation segments make the woman look like a reptilian freak and the humor is done at her expense. Ayu is just doing some bad, overdone acting at the end, not trying to be satirical.

The fat woman didn't get with the balloon guy, either. She wasn't even looking at him. It's amazing what some of you people come up with to make this video match your perception of Ayu as someone who can do no wrong.

Last edited by SheFliesHigher; 28th November 2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 28th November 2013, 12:01 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
And I forgot the guy with balloons completely. I was under the impression that fat girl wanted to be with him but now that someone mentioned that other dude, I think the girl was in love with him and not with this fitness guy with too much muscles on. Muscle guy was Ayu's man and the balloon guy fat girl's. It makes more sense too since the ending just doesn't make any sense.
Good theory. I checked the guy in the beginning and I can't really tell if that's James Ellis or not. But if it's not, then he must be Ayu's man since the beginning. Holy shit what if we've been seeing this PV wrong this whole time

Either way, I enjoyed watching it. I don't think of it as offensive at all, even though I knew for sure fans would flip the fuck out by seeing the stereotypical fat American girl. I don't take this PV seriously, there's no difference because honestly Ayu is still bizarre as always. Is there any PV that she's not doing something weird?

Set by YuriChan

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, video