"Feel the love" short ver. PV - Page 20 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th November 2013, 04:42 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Maybe the full version will be about Ayu marrying the model.

The final meltdown.

Old 28th November 2013, 05:36 PM
from your letter Initiate

Maybe after the full version released Ayu will announce that she's now dating with the model in the end.

I can see fire.
Old 28th November 2013, 05:39 PM
Two of us Initiate

Ayu and Avex trolling us, as usual lol

The reason there isn't a day when I remember you,
is because I haven't forgotten you for a moment...
mirrorcle worldtwittertumblr

Old 28th November 2013, 05:49 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeyomi View Post
Maybe the full version will be about Ayu marrying the model.

The final meltdown.
LOL stabbing with the knife even deeper hahaha!
Old 28th November 2013, 05:55 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I bet you the "full version" leads right into Merry-go-round.
Old 28th November 2013, 06:21 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I'm past the shock now and accepting it as it is.
I really like the song at least.
de tu puño y letra
Old 28th November 2013, 06:32 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Actually, even the "preview" of Feel the love was pratically the entire song, they just added a minute more or less, so it kind of makes sense for me to have a full PV with just a minute more of storyline too. In a twisted way.
I don't know what to hope for... I like linked PVs, but I really want Merry-go-round video to be as different from Feel the love as possible, lol.

Hello new me...

Old 28th November 2013, 06:43 PM
SAKURA Initiate

i love this PV! it was so fun to watch, i really enjoyed watching it. i also thought that ayu looked so pretty in that pink dress at the end.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 28th November 2013, 07:08 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

If anything, this video has made me love the song even more than I did before.

It looks like they may have filmed the start of the video in Luis Hernandez's home, haha.

Last edited by truehappiness; 28th November 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 28th November 2013, 07:58 PM
P.S II Initiate

Who's the director of the PV? Anyone can put links to other things he has done?

Old 28th November 2013, 08:03 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

We won't know until it airs on TV or the single comes out.
Old 28th November 2013, 08:29 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I respect your right to be offended, but to me it seems like you're grasping at as many straws as some of the people in this thread looking for alternate interpretations.

As the most powerful and important country in the world, and with a long history of pillaging, plundering, raping, colonizing, and exploiting other nations, why the hell should we all of a sudden care about how we're portrayed to Japanese people? As someone who was born in the most privileged nation in the world, it feels almost strange to have a knee-jerk reaction like that unless I'm actively looking for something to be offended about.

I feel like people are implying that Ayu or her Japanese team "should know better," when in fact... no, they probably shouldn't.

Unless you send tons of gender studies majors/Tumblr SJW's over to these East Asian countries as 'missionaries', they're not going to understand anything about intersectionality theory as it applies to developed nations in the West. No one is checking Japanese people's "privilege" when they "oppress" Americans and/or Caucasians.
Honestly, I see it in my own actions that I'm grasping at straws as much as anyone to identify what the message is in the video. To me, the offense isn't necessarily in the context of whether a Japanese person made the video, it's more-so about whether a fat girl munching on a drumstick while running is a fair depiction of someone with weight issues. In retrospect, there are a number of individual WTF moments in the video that feel more offensive than parody. The video itself? Overall, not offensive.

My not-boyfriend thingy (ok, he's a boyfriend but not technically a boyfriend yet) pretty much asked the same question you do: Why should we care? We've done so many horrible things as a nation, etc. And the best answer I can give is that Japan has pillaged, plundered, raped, and exploited too. (The Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II.) So, it naturally follows to ask: Why should Japanese Americans feel bothered by Katy Perry exploiting Japanese culture for a music performance? That said, American and Japan societies are vastly different today. I think we should care because our present culture values inclusion more than ever before. I think it's OK for some Japanese-Americans to feel Katy Perry's performance at the AMAs was somewhat offensive. And from that I think it's OK for some Americans to interpret Ayu's PV as offensive.

EDIT: I appreciate the discussion, Coelacanth!

Last edited by orbitalaspect; 28th November 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 28th November 2013, 08:57 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Honestly, I see it in my own actions that I'm grasping at straws as much as anyone to identify what the message is in the video. To me, the offense isn't necessarily in the context of whether a Japanese person made the video, it's more-so about whether a fat girl munching on a drumstick while running is a fair depiction of someone with weight issues. In retrospect, there are a number of individual WTF moments in the video that feel more offensive than parody. The video itself? Overall, not offensive.

My not-boyfriend thingy (ok, he's a boyfriend but not technically a boyfriend yet) pretty much asked the same question you do: Why should we care? We've done so many horrible things as a nation, etc. And the best answer I can give is that Japan has pillaged, plundered, raped, and exploited too. (The Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II.) So, it naturally follows to ask: Why should Japanese Americans feel bothered by Katy Perry exploiting Japanese culture for a music performance? That said, American and Japan societies are vastly different today. I think we should care because our present culture values inclusion more than ever before. I think it's OK for some Japanese-Americans to feel Katy Perry's performance at the AMAs was somewhat offensive. And from that I think it's OK for some Americans to interpret Ayu's PV as offensive.

Would you have rathered she be munching on a carrot or something? She had just run through a picnic area, so I imagine a piece of fried chicken was the most fitting. She was just taking things left and right throughout the PV.

And as for that Katy Perry performance, it wasn't really offensive imo... it just looked kind of dumb. She didn't even wear an actual kimono... that was an ao dai or cheongsam with kimono-like sleeves.
Old 28th November 2013, 09:08 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

I don´t like this pv. Feel the Love is a great song and deserves a good pv.

When I watched it, I couldn´t believe. Ayu is a very talented and creative artist, she can do something much better and nice.

I hope Merry go Round will be better.
Old 28th November 2013, 09:48 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post

DON'T instrumentalize the suffering of tons of people caused by political issues that have nothing to do with your culture just for the sake of wining an internet arguing. Please, show some respect.

Ayumi is a japanese popstar whose primary marketing is Japan. We, her western fanbase, are just happy accidents and will never be the main focus of her career.

She also doesn't hold as much power as a public figure on the west as Katy Perry worldwide. Everything Ayu does, the worst it is, have almost no impact compared to what any C-list american pop star have, it's a very weak comparative to make.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 28th November 2013, 10:25 PM
Initiate

I'm speechless with the PV, there wasn't even a close up for ayu until the end and how do they expect the audience to know that this is her new single when was not in the scene for 99% of the pv. I think i will be getting the CD only version. Huge disappointment this time.
Old 28th November 2013, 10:30 PM
LIMIT Initiate

It is truly hilarious how some of you think ayumi would release a PV in which she portrays a “white” girl this badly. Ayumi is all for acceptance. She supports everything as far as I know and she is very vocal about it too. To think she would purposely release a PV to harm her fanbase, which not only consist out of Japanese audiences, but worldwide audiences. Isn’t that a bit dumb and stupid?

Give the PV a chance before raging out like this. In my eyes there is no reason to be offended. It seems some of you think ayu is to blame for society being this cruel.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:06 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrtwb View Post
I'm speechless with the PV, there wasn't even a close up for ayu until the end and how do they expect the audience to know that this is her new single when was not in the scene for 99% of the pv. I think i will be getting the CD only version. Huge disappointment this time.
This is not the 1st nor the 2nd time she doesn't appear on one of her pvs...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 28th November 2013, 11:21 PM
rainy day Initiate

Can everyone stop getting so effed up over these damn cultural references in entertainment/performance!!?? I'm so damn sick of it. Japan exploits that image too. Kumii sexualized it with JAPONESQUE and "So Nice" but it's ok cause she's Japanese? Also, ayu and how many celebs have used crosses and the hanging from them for entertainment purposes, and that's the damn Jesus Christ!!
Old 28th November 2013, 11:23 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

I don´t like the pv too.

I think the song is nice and deserves a better pv. Ayu and team would work a little bit more in it.

And, please, we would like to see more Ayu in it. It´s her pv and to see her make us happy.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, video