HEAVEN edges closer to HELL... - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 15th September 2005, 08:49 PM
Because of You Initiate

i dunno if gorie is doing this but i heard that 1 of the artist was releasing a japanese remake of the american song "mickey"....

i honestly dun really care if she gets #1 or not....id b more happy if she get like #3 (or w/e) n sold like 300,000 copies on opening week vs. having #1 single n selling only 150,000
Old 15th September 2005, 08:49 PM
No way to say Initiate

this wasn't her strongest single, anyway.
Old 15th September 2005, 08:53 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickRocks
Told u guys her popularity is dropping fast.. you guys don't beleive me she no longer appeals to her older audience but just school kids now in Japan. Everyone is in the korean heat wave and loving Ai, Koda and BoA Avex did this to themselves and with DAI disbanding Tamiko Van may be their only hope she can equal to Ayu.
WHERE DO YOU PULL THIS OUT FROM?!?! It has like no relevance, and for a Korean Heat wave how come all their sales seem to be so low? BoA barely touched the top 3. Same with the other new Korean artist like K and Younha and have barely touched the top 10 positions so I HIGHLY doubt it's due to your so called "Korea Heat Wave", Korean entertainment is of course EXTREMELY popular in Japan at the moment but seriously it has nothing to do with Ayumi's "poor" sales if you can even consider them poor. Lastly I am SO sure Tomiko Van has NOTHING to do with this.

And thank you to bates I agree wholeheartedly with your statement

set by truehappiness.
myspace

Old 15th September 2005, 08:54 PM
And Then Initiate

Mad_Cactuar: First of all, calm down.
You don't need to be so negative with the low sales...
We know she will do better in the future...
plus, i agree with jerms. HEAVEN wasn't her strongest single, and wasn't good enough as a (comeback??) single...

Imo, I think fairyland and HEAVEN were released way too soon and that was completely unnecessary, at least for me. Does anybody think the same??

Last edited by Taishaku; 15th September 2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 15th September 2005, 08:54 PM
Because of You Initiate

k i found out that gorie is matsuura ayaya's older sister...if u ppl dunno who matsuura ayaya is, shes part of hello!project which is linked to morning musume= fanBOYS unlike fanGIRLS for kanjani 8
Old 15th September 2005, 08:55 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929
i dunno if gorie is doing this but i heard that 1 of the artist was releasing a japanese remake of the american song "mickey"....

i honestly dun really care if she gets #1 or not....id b more happy if she get like #3 (or w/e) n sold like 300,000 copies on opening week vs. having #1 single n selling only 150,000
Gorie's "Mickey" single was released A LONGGG time ago around the same time as "INSPIRE". Ayu topped "Mickey" on it's debut week but Gorie's single was able to hold itself longer and also became one of the years best selling singles. He's a very popular comedian I believe and comedic type songs and singles seem to do VERY well Japan like Matsuken's Samba or is it Sanba? LOL I forget.

set by truehappiness.
myspace

Old 15th September 2005, 08:57 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929
k i found out that gorie is matsuura ayaya's older sister...if u ppl dunno who matsuura ayaya is, shes part of hello!project which is linked to morning musume= fanBOYS unlike fanGIRLS for kanjani 8
Isn't Gorie a man? LOL

Btw I really love the title of this thread. LOL

set by truehappiness.
myspace

Old 15th September 2005, 09:00 PM
Because of You Initiate

^ o i thought he was a girl...then w/e fans of matsuura ayaya mite buy her bro's single then jus cos hes related to her...
Old 15th September 2005, 09:11 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory
If the single didnt get number 1, then it didnt deserve number 1.
There are plenty of songs that deserve to get number one and plenty that get number one that don't deserve it at all.
Old 15th September 2005, 09:17 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
There are plenty of songs that deserve to get number one and plenty that get number one that don't deserve it at all.
Most definitely.

set by truehappiness.
myspace

Old 15th September 2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bates
Gah. There’s always 3 types of people in this thread:

1) The optimistic: “Look at it this way! At least she’s in the Top 5.”
2) The pessimistic: “OMG! This is the end of the world and we’re all gonna diiiie”
3) The cynicist: “Why are you all acting like it’s the end of the world? OMFG GET OVER YOURSELF K.”
Then there is the fifth type of person who has their "holier-than-thou" attitude claiming to be better than the rest...

Honestly, it doesn't matter what ranking Ayu is. Hell, she can be ranked #7 for all I care, and it wouldn't make any difference. She could probably still sell better than the other singles.

Look at sales, not rankings.
Old 15th September 2005, 10:04 PM
ourselves Initiate

I think this singles MIGHT sell a lot totally because it might not drop as fast as usual ayumi releases, It might even move upwards in the chart when the movie is being aired.
Old 15th September 2005, 10:05 PM
no more words Initiate

It amuses me how so many people are either furious that HEAVEN isn't number one or they're furious at the people who are furious.

My opinion on the rankings? I like "HEAVEN." I like "Will." I like the "alterna" AO. Whether the Japanese public likes it or not is fine with me. Like SunshineSlayer said, there are many songs that deserve to be number one and of course many that are number one but do not deserve it.
Old 15th September 2005, 10:21 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminik
Funny thing is: where did all these mp3 came from? Even before it's sold. Could be an insider job?
Everything gets leaked before it gets released...US albums/singles, Japanese album/singles, it's nothing new. Downloading is not the reason she's not number one, because people download the songs of everyone else on oricon too.
Old 15th September 2005, 10:25 PM
girlish H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibinina4
My opinion on the rankings? I like "HEAVEN." I like "Will." I like the "alterna" AO. Whether the Japanese public likes it or not is fine with me.
Old 15th September 2005, 10:35 PM
BEST Initiate

"hell" maybe a bit harsh...but then i'm sure ayu would eventually work her magic and bring the sells right up again~

♥♥♥♥ 浜崎あゆみ ♥ 東方神起 ♥ 이효리 ♥ 中島美嘉 ♥ Super Junior ♥

Old 15th September 2005, 10:41 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Well....after all this, lets hope Ayu will start to aim at make really really good songs!!! like the ones CREA wrote on I am... etc XD

Old 15th September 2005, 11:27 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

For all the people yelling 'unfair!' think about how many time Ayu has snatched the no.1 throne from other artists.

Mad Cactuar: Pecori Night by GORIE with JASMINE and JOANN is not a random name. They released a single last year at the same week as INSPIRE and it came second for the week. But in the yearly sales it surpassed INSPIRE by 200,000 units. And I'm sorry but your Ayu/Utada/more mainstream artists worshipping is really getting on my nerves.

Last edited by gakkun; 15th September 2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 15th September 2005, 11:39 PM
SCAR Initiate

Seriously...She's not the end of the world. And people who save money don't want to buy two singles in the same time frame.

August/September, where two singles released. People had to get 20 bucks to buy both. SO, reaching number 2 is fine. And the only thing that kept it from number 1 was probably because the single wasn't strong, Will didn't even have a PV. I think the single was rushed in ways also. They should've at least waited until november or december. This, is too early.

Well, stop worshipping....some of you are too obsessed. (or just act it to be hilarious around other people...I just hope your not like that in person)

YOU ARE FUNNY
Old 15th September 2005, 11:42 PM
I am... Initiate

^^ Totally agree. When G&J&J will release an album (Quite soon actually), I'm sure they'll surpass the sales of Ayu's next album. In fact, "Mickey" sold 432 000 copies in 2004, while "INSPIRE" sold 329 000. If you had followed last year's releases, I'm sure most of you would have known this group. Like I said on another forum, don't take mainstream artists as a standard for ranking/sales.