NEXT LEVEL album thoughts - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 22nd March 2009, 03:36 AM
glitter Initiate

wow im impressed now xDD

many people liked the album!!!!
Old 22nd March 2009, 03:47 AM
walking proud Initiate

I thought it was really creative! The interludes were awesome as well (with the exception of pieces of seven since it sounded so typical IMO).

My favs are: energizE, rollin', and LOVE 'n' HATE

My least favorite song was Curtain Call although it wasn't horrible.

Overall I give this album a 8/10 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post

Despite everything, though, I feel it's arrangement is INCREDIBLY messy, and I'm actually surprised no one else has mentioned the same. The song genres are just SCATTERED everywhere, sometimes having a few similar songs next to each other, but then putting the same type of song later on. For example, GREEN should have gone after NEXT LEVEL, imo. It would have fit perfectly there. And I really think it was kinda of pointless and silly to put an interlude right after the first song. That kind of ticked me off, to be honest.
I actually agree that the arrangement was a little disconnected. I was kind of like 'whoa' when GREEN suddenly popped up after rollin'...I agree that it should've followed behind NEXT LEVEL.

EDIT: identity is actually my least favorite song. After I listened to Curtain Call again, I actually found myself liking it . Idk why everyone is going crazy for identity...I really think it's a rather forgettable song . But yeah, I just can't get into it >.<...

Last edited by CHE.R.RY; 22nd March 2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 22nd March 2009, 03:52 AM
no more words Initiate

Great Album. I think it'll do great.
Old 22nd March 2009, 03:54 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Comparing albums...
Yea, probably some emotional connection is missing because there isnt some very depressing song (and that's what makes people FEEL something...if it were a pop song, that little moment of happiness is transient)
GUILTY was best in that aspect IMO..

In terms of Variety, this song really has to fight with (miss)understood and I think it beats (m)u because of new fresh music BY AYU (but (m)u also had more sad ballads and angst rock to FEEL for)

Honestly, I wasnt as excited for NL as compared to GUILTY (which got me jumping from the moment the tracklist was out) but as time passed and it was closer to the release date, I felt very excited! It sure hasnt disappointed me because I've always wanted to hear something different from my Favourite singer. Sure it isn't her best album because of some lack but if she were to add in those emotional factor in....I think it might actually spoil the rather 'up' feeling of the album. NEXT LEVEL is indeed rather happy sounding and less dark (even identity is not as dark as decision)

I don't think I might actually skip any song off this album in time to come...(for previous albums I did).
Old 22nd March 2009, 03:56 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

what? Did it leak or was it released? *goes to download*

Old 22nd March 2009, 04:00 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Gosh I can't wait to hear it! I have a feeling the problems people have with this album aren't going to bother me....
Old 22nd March 2009, 04:10 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

the "lack of emotion" is just because people only think something is emotional when it's depressed... It was pretty much the same with Utada's Heart Station "ohh! the new songs have no emotion!" just because she wasn't screaming or crying in any of them... ~~

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 22nd March 2009, 04:19 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
the "lack of emotion" is just because people only think something is emotional when it's depressed... It was pretty much the same with Utada's Heart Station "ohh! the new songs have no emotion!" just because she wasn't screaming or crying in any of them... ~~
Didn't you know that the only valid emotion in the music world is depression!? hahahaha j/k
Old 22nd March 2009, 04:23 AM
glitter Initiate

Days and Curtain call are good for crying I think lol

specially watching the pvs!
Old 22nd March 2009, 04:27 AM
JEWEL Initiate

The Days PV made me cry... the song itself just makes me want to sing it lol.
Old 22nd March 2009, 04:42 AM
Will Initiate

You guys cry too easily

Koda Kumi Concert Audio

Old 22nd March 2009, 04:46 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
yeah but who knows the lyrics could be depressing.. since not many people here speak japanese they wouldn't know. i want the translations
Old 22nd March 2009, 04:48 AM
ever free Initiate

Like it so far, but too monotonous for me, the disco part. But overall, I like it. ANd This album will be a nice album for commuting^^ it won't make me sleepy. I'm already bored with the same old songs from radios (Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, etc...)
Old 22nd March 2009, 04:50 AM
appears Initiate

I just listened to the songs but not the interludes yet, I've to say I'm more inclined towards her singles in this album currently. But I really liked NEXT LEVEL cos it really sounds relaxing

I feel that her new songs are refreshing and going to a new direction. I'm not passing any comments until I get famaliar with the rest of the songs~
Old 22nd March 2009, 05:10 AM
TO BE Initiate

I'm just gonna cross-post what I wrote about the album somewhere else:

This ranks way over (m)u, Guilty (what a hot mess of an album!) and RAINBOW for me. I can't decide if I like this better than Secret, which I thought was a GRATE album.

I was hoping for an electro-pop album, but this sounds a bit more like a straight up dance album to me. But no matter, it's still pretty darned awesome. I can't believe that there isn't more love for "rollin'"! For me, it was definitely one of the more outstanding tracks on this record. "NEXT LEVEL" was definitely the weakest track; it was -nice- but that's about it, I don't feel particularly compelled to listen to it and it certainly didn't deserve the honour of being named title track, imo.

Everything else was a mix of -great- beats and meticulous production. I'm not sure why there are so many haters, perhaps these people are just incapable of liking well-executed pop music, which is a shame, but to each their own, I guess!
Old 22nd March 2009, 05:14 AM
GAME Initiate

I love all! No bad comments I can give. Thumbs up

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 22nd March 2009, 05:17 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Whoa just started listening and I already like the first track "Bridge to the Sky" first time i like a prelude :X
Old 22nd March 2009, 05:18 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
I can't believe that there isn't more love for "rollin'"! For me, it was definitely one of the more outstanding tracks on this record.
omg I agree so much <3 I found myself loving rollin' so much, especially the chorus.

Old 22nd March 2009, 05:24 AM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

X]

i love the whole energy of this album! i just wished it was arranged better...for some reason the placement of days, GREEN, and EnergizE just feel outta place. :/

i can just imagine the concert...these songs are spectacular. DD
Old 22nd March 2009, 05:43 AM
æternal Initiate

i think...it's a pretty good and fresh album from AYU... but... like others say, the disco feeling took too much space and the interludes were somewhat out of place... maybe the only solution i can do for my OWN is re-shuffle the tracklist and... insert Mirrorcle World and Life. LOL

facebook | instagram | twitter

Tags
next level