ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [II] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2009, 05:24 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumiko View Post
I watched all of koda's previous tours and will watch trick when it comes out on dvd. My point was I always prefered ayu's tour coz she always had great outfits (huge dresses, etc), her stages were grand...just no other female artists came close to ayu when it comes to that imo. This tour ayu really stepped back. Hearing koda's 10m dress just reminds me of how much I missed ayu's huge dresses that she no longer wears in tours...seeing another artist wear big dresses is not the same...coz she is not ayu.
i agree with you! i love things over the top and dramatic.. after all, it's a concert. no one wants to see a toned down show, that would be boring!

i will manage to live with the costumes (there is only one i like... the rest are not flattering for her/her body at all because i know how beautiful she is.) as long as the vocals are really good.
Old 14th April 2009, 05:31 AM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
but like people have said it seems like she is toning it down for this tour and i like it. not everything has to be all extravagant. plus, imo, when things are too extravagant her vocals suffer greatly.
ya wearing a large dress must be stressful on the vocal cords
Old 14th April 2009, 05:39 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I can't see how a huge dress would fit this tour theme (I don't like the ballads dresses she is using alread...)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 14th April 2009, 05:41 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I can't see how a huge dress would fit this tour theme (I don't like the ballads dresses she is using alread...)
yeah i don't think a huge dress would fit in either. i like the pink one she has though, it's pretty cute.
Old 14th April 2009, 06:07 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
really? wth?

her vocals aren't going to be that great regardless.

I want it to look cool

this one doesn't. oh well.

I actually feel like kuu's tour has the potential to blow ayus out of the water...but knowing kuu and her people, they'll screw it up lol
Hopefully it'll turn out better than you think

And Kuu's concerts always have better gimmicks than Ayu's concerts in my opinion but I never find hers as interesting to be honest. I dunno... Ayu has this spirit when she sings live most of the time. Kuu's getting there, but it's just not as profound to me... They're both great performers though <3
Old 14th April 2009, 06:13 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
koda's 10m dress isn't that special tbh. and ayu hasn't always had great outfits in her tours, lol.. she's had some really tacky and just outfits.

but like people have said it seems like she is toning it down for this tour and i like it. not everything has to be all extravagant. plus, imo, when things are too extravagant her vocals suffer greatly.
I know Koda's dress isn't special...ayu had longer dress before. I loved majority of ayu's past costumes.

I know ayu set the bar up really high for her tours and I know she can't always keep it up with the grand stages and all. I'm happy this year's stage is different compared to her previous...even if its tone down with no special props. From the reports its suppose to be a colorful stage with the lights and screens so that gives me hope. Maybe a tone down stage might not be that bad...afterall, I loved 07-08 cdl, and pcdl.

I'm fine with the setlist including the pcdl songs. I don't mind if the pcdl songs are performed exactly the same as the cdl...but however, I do mind that majority of this year's tour costumes are recycled...and she wore them not that long ago too. I never cared about ayu's previous recycled costumes but this time I'm really unhappy about it. If she has to recycle outfits, atleast put more effort into changing it more to make it not that noticeable. I also don't understand why she had to make the same outfits but in different colors...the sparkle purple jacket and the pink mermaid dress. It takes time to make them...why can't they be different design? The mermaid dress isn't the only style that she can walk in...and the jacket style could of been really different if she wanted to.
Old 14th April 2009, 06:14 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Hopefully it'll turn out better than you think

And Kuu's concerts always have better gimmicks than Ayu's concerts in my opinion but I never find hers as interesting to be honest. I dunno... Ayu has this spirit when she sings live most of the time. Kuu's getting there, but it's just not as profound to me... They're both great performers though <3
Well I personally have always preferred Ayu's concerts over kuu's, because they seem more put together, and more exciting and better costumes and stuff.

But this year...I feel like kuu's might be better. Especially since Ayu isn't doing anything "big" this year.

Someone in the last thread said they miss AT05 costumes. Me too. That was my favorite year lol. 06 was okay too...and then 07 came out and I remember thinking "wtf" and then 08 came and I was like "uh..." and now 09's here and I'm just like "no."

So...I mean...I guess I haven't been very happy with the direction her costumes have been going. Which is you know...like so much more important than like her music and everything That's why I'm very disappointed in Ayu this year

I actually really like the way kuu performs...but it's a lot different than the way Ayu does, and I think it really should be that way, because her music is different...and she does a lot more things...like...choreography and weird half cute half sexy things that kind of gets reflected in her voice lol

Ayu...she just...I mean, okay...hmm...the only thing I don't like from her...is the weird "fierce" thing...like MW at kouhaku. omg that was horrible. If she never pulls one of those again...I think I'd be cool with her performances lol.

And as far as profoundness goes...I think kuu has a few profound performances...but they're not profound in the same way...

and Ayu for me hasn't really had one in a long time...but neither has kuu lol...

ack the jpop world is so weird right now.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 14th April 2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 14th April 2009, 06:17 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I'd be okay if she never did a "cute voice" live or wore that fairy costume she did at PCDL ever again.... BURN IT GIRL!
Old 14th April 2009, 06:21 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

yeah I really don't...care for the cute Ayu lol

I just want her to look good. Like seriously. I wouldn't care if she came out in a damn clown suit, if she looked awesome in it.

And I wouldn't care what kind of performances she gave either...as long as she looked awesome doing it...but a lot of things she tries to do like...flops bad lol

and btw...what is the red thing supposed to be? It's a cheer outfit? At first I was like...oh it's a cowgirl outfit...oh no the hat...like a flight attendant...but no...because it doesn't...hmm...

and then I gave up lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 14th April 2009, 06:25 AM
Dolls Initiate

The red outfit is suppose to be a cheerleader outfit. If you look closely, the star on her hat is the tour's logo. I really like the cheerleader and the grey military outfit...looks so good on her! If only the rest of the outfits are not the way they are.
Old 14th April 2009, 06:34 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
yeah I really don't...care for the cute Ayu lol

I just want her to look good. Like seriously. I wouldn't care if she came out in a damn clown suit, if she looked awesome in it.

And I wouldn't care what kind of performances she gave either...as long as she looked awesome doing it...but a lot of things she tries to do like...flops bad lol
Don't take this the wrong way, but you remind me of my mother! She's TOTALLY into Ayu concerts for the costumes and the different designs she comes out with each time. I hope she's not disappointed with this tour then! But then again, I think the only costume she'll remember is the sparkly vest+hat since she wore that during CDL 07-08.
Old 14th April 2009, 06:50 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand new love View Post
ya wearing a large dress must be stressful on the vocal cords
haha. it's just i think she gets too excited with the whole extravagant show and everything and doesn't put as much effort into singing good. koda kumi has the same problem, she'll look so excited about her cool show but what comes out of her mouth can be deadly.

if you look at ayu or kuus more simple concerts, like limited TA live or that best second session promotion concert (i forget what it was officially called), they both were very simple but vocally they were great.
Old 14th April 2009, 07:28 AM
still alone Initiate

^ I agree. But still pop artists usually go crazy when it comes to concert^^
Now this thread is gonna be ayuXkuu. hahha..I dun say I hate or love who. COz I love ayu and kuu when it comes to live performance but I personally love ayu's syle of live performance. Beside looking prettier than kuu ^^, ayu has this charisma or whatever it is (like someone said up there: Spirit) that makes her live more enjoyable to watch even if she just sit there and sing. The way she deliver the songs is so much nicer anyway. if I were to rank, ayu#1, kuu#2 ^^ YAY...cheers
Old 14th April 2009, 07:34 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Kumi almost always uses the similar dresses and the cheap blonde wig for her ballads that's supposed to look cute on her, along with the white dress xD Her tours are usually messy as Andre said. When it comes to performing live Ayu has way more exp. and she is simply far better than Ku.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 14th April 2009, 07:43 AM
count down Initiate

Kuu's concert actually kind of go towards more of the Taiwan singers' concerts... I mean the whole interaction with the audience in the main concert is SO C-Pop. Ayu has never done that in the main concert... it's like a proper show; very grand and formal, while Kuu is more informal and more fun overall.

Either way, I love them both.

And wouldn't the ballads look better if it was like this...

In The Corner
-short intro-
GREEN
-outro (lol wut's that)
-same intro as AT 09-
HOPE or PAIN
Days
-Kaeru-

I mean GREEN is a ballad, but in a totally different style from HOPE or PAIN and Days. It's a non-conventional ballad that requires something more. The PCDL performance of GREEN pwns AT 09, me thinks.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 14th April 2009, 08:10 AM
Liar Initiate

Whats with all the hating on Koda Kumi? @_@ I think her concerts are pretty good too...second only to Ayu...and she can be an insanely amazing vocalist...depending on the song being performed. I like her energy on stage even if Ayu typically has more. Iunno...Im entitled to my opinions...you guys are entitled to yours i guess...
Old 14th April 2009, 08:34 AM
fairyland Initiate

10.いんざこ In The Corner
11.ほーぷおあ HOPE or PAIN

they really don't match with the setlist, no??

Thank you for the pics, the outfits were great!
she' really think
Old 14th April 2009, 08:43 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

already? I didn't know it started already? lol. nice

Old 14th April 2009, 09:53 AM
I am... Initiate

i like both of their concerts...but i think kuus concert are more suitable for youngster to watch while ayu's suitable for all range...since ayu's fan range is really wide!ranging from small children to elderly people =)
Old 14th April 2009, 09:56 AM
Secret Initiate

I enjoy Kuu more because she doesn't do an annoying cute voice. She has more energy in her voice nonetheless.

Let's hope Ayu has more energy in her voice this time around, PCDL was a disappointment vocally. No emotion whatsoever, thank goodness she didn't perform appears. I probably would have fallen asleep. Then of course, her cute voice bugs me a bit. It just is WAY too cute sounding for me to fully enjoy a song I guess. Tracklisting this year looks ok. Yay for HOPE or PAIN and In The Corner love <3

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, concert, next level, tour