New album (January 2023) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2022, 02:08 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I’m here for a summer single. But I need a rock album.
Old 13th April 2022, 08:47 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I'm here for whatever she decides to release that is new, because it's been way too long haha!
Old 13th April 2022, 10:07 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Summer single is definitely possible, it seems like she’s very inspired these past couple of months.

I’d love a classic jpop summer sound from her again
Summer Dairy / HANABI type of summer ballad songs would be great.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 14th April 2022, 09:22 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

In her newest TA blog ayu said she is working on a new song again
Old 14th April 2022, 10:07 AM
ayu trance Initiate

This makes me confident that we are not in a TROUBLE situation again!
If I'm not mistaken, she recorded 3 or 4 songs before the Pia Arena date, didn't she? Even if one of those was One Night Carnival, I'd say we're still looking at a 10 track album at least with the existing singles!
Old 14th April 2022, 10:29 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I wish physical single.
Old 14th April 2022, 11:18 AM
As if.. Initiate

Yea! I am excited when I read that she recorded new song! Still hoping for a 16 tracks album haah
Old 14th April 2022, 11:19 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Lawi! View Post
This makes me confident that we are not in a TROUBLE situation again!
If I'm not mistaken, she recorded 3 or 4 songs before the Pia Arena date, didn't she? Even if one of those was One Night Carnival, I'd say we're still looking at a 10 track album at least with the existing singles!
I also think so. I have hopes she will deliver this time. I don’t really know which her plans are for the coming years or her 25th, but if this is the last studio album we’ll get in another 5 years she better give us something grand.
Btw I can feel A BEST 3 coming early next year + another Asia tour, just my psychic gifts talking to me

Last edited by Toniayu123; 14th April 2022 at 11:24 AM.
Old 14th April 2022, 11:32 AM
As if.. Initiate

On second thought, the chances of a summer single is high. She could sing it during A-nation and maybe a new song from the fall album to promote
Old 14th April 2022, 03:00 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Ayu: *literally announces her first full-length album in 6 years, obviously showing that TROUBLE is not considered a full album*

Fans: "I hope it's not like TROUBLE" "I'm hopeful it's not another TROUBLE situation" etc

Like, yes, I also remember her annoucing an album and then getting an EP with two old songs, but Ayu has made it very clear we're not in another "you'll get a 5-track EP marketed as an album" situation again. Is the lack of trust really that high? She couldn't be more direct this time around IMO.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 14th April 2022 at 03:27 PM.
Old 14th April 2022, 04:29 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Ha, I didn't realise the 6 year comment was official, I thought that was from just our OP here, but just checked the website and you're right - that does bode well for the length of the album.

On the other hand, all covers and Chinese versions included, she already has 3x the content she had at the time of TROUBLE, sooooo

Just playing the devil's advocate here, I genuinely think we're getting 10 tracks or so this time, with only Ohia, Dad and 23rd Monster previously released. I think we're just trying not to hope for too much so we can't be disappointed in case of a worst case scenario situation!
Old 15th April 2022, 12:34 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

If I get 5 new original songs I will be more than pleased.
Old 15th April 2022, 08:52 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Ayu wrote at TA blog that she went to the studio to work on new song.
How many times she mentioned working at the studio except obvious work on One Night Carnival? Around 3 and now it's 4th? At least one song composed by Tetsuya Komuro
Old 15th April 2022, 10:26 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Ayu wrote at TA blog that she went to the studio to work on new song.
How many times she mentioned working at the studio except obvious work on One Night Carnival? Around 3 and now it's 4th? At least one song composed by Tetsuya Komuro
That's what I mentioned Just saying that it's about the same thing so there isn't any confusion And yes, I believe it's the fourth new song. I wonder if Nonfiction counts here.
Old 15th April 2022, 04:00 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Should be the 4th new song, including Nonfiction.

@!Lawi! I completely get not wanting to get your hopes too much! I was just kinda irritated by people (not just on the forum) saying stuff like "please not another TROUBLE", when Ayu confirmed it's gonna be a full album. That's what sparked my comment. Hope it didn't come off the wrong way.

Old 15th April 2022, 05:14 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguileraAnimato View Post
I wish physical single.
I would love for her to do another physical single with more than just one track but I understand why she doesn’t anymore. I wish she would release a maxi single with a bunch of dance and trance remixes like some of her earlier singles but people would say she’s desperate for streams 💀

Old 15th April 2022, 06:18 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^Who would say that..? Most people would probably welcome a single that comes with remixes of new songs. Many fans have been asking for another remix album & greatly enjoyed the Dreamed a Dream campaign.

I don't think anyone would see that as her being desperate (except people who literally use anything to hate on her). Besides, her streaming numbers will not really help with charting higher, so that whole "more songs => more streams => higher chart position" logic doesn't apply. Because what would she be desperate for if streams don't really impact how well Ayu's releases do. And Ayu's personal streaming numbers aside, I'm pretty sure Oricon doesn't give all that much weight to streams.

Although streaming has become bigger in Japan, the market is still very sales-driven. Streaming is growing but physical sales are still much bigger (+ digital sales for singles). With Ayu's career it would be rather silly to say she is looking to increase her streams when that is not the aspect of sales an artist like her would focus on. Remixes would at most mean adding more value to the single while giving fans a little treat.

Whew, wrote a lot more than I had planned, especially since Ayu 99% is never gonna release another maxi single (aka it doesn't matter anyway).

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 15th April 2022 at 06:49 PM.
Old 15th April 2022, 07:11 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Ayu 99% is never gonna release another maxi single (aka it doesn't matter anyway).
We thought we wouldn’t see another full studio album and here we are so... don’t kill our hopes lol (even though I’m with you on this, we’ll probably just get digital singles from now on) And talking about remixes, please Lord give us a remix album or classical or whatever after this album. I want a new Ayu trance so bad
Old 15th April 2022, 07:13 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^I always believed we'd get another album, haha! I'd love a maxi single but much more than that I'd like a full remix album of newer songs (which I think could happen at some point). The more songs the better!

Old 15th April 2022, 09:07 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Should be the 4th new song, including Nonfiction.

@!Lawi! I completely get not wanting to get your hopes too much! I was just kinda irritated by people (not just on the forum) saying stuff like "please not another TROUBLE", when Ayu confirmed it's gonna be a full album. That's what sparked my comment. Hope it didn't come off the wrong way.
Not at all, I'm glad it made me check because now I'm even more excited!

One week to Nonfiction now! I really hope we get the tracklist of the album in advance - I love trying to imagine what the songs will sound like ahah
Closed Thread

Tags
new album, new release