Oricon Rankings for HEAVEN - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 14th September 2005, 06:49 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

that's crap! This song is waaaay better than Fairyland... the lyrics alone are her most touching... Oh well, must've been a mistake on someone's part

..::|Do no evil|::..

Old 14th September 2005, 06:50 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I think this ranking is made with only the pre-order (the single was in store only today !!) It's tomorrow that HEAVEN will be N#1 ^^

Ayumi, do you want marry me ?"

Last edited by ~Linzangel~; 14th September 2005 at 09:14 PM.
Old 14th September 2005, 06:52 PM
P.S II Initiate

wasn't it supposed to be her big big comeback ? maybe not.. =/
Old 14th September 2005, 07:52 PM
STEP you Protector

I really hope it will be #1 for the week.
Old 14th September 2005, 08:20 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardation
wasn't it supposed to be her big big comeback ? maybe not.. =/
I think MY STORY was her "comeback" if she had any. She never quitted.
Old 14th September 2005, 09:11 PM
Because of You Initiate

OK PPL CALM DOWN....ITS NOT LIKE ITS THE END OF THE WORLD
DO U NO Y ITS AT #2 ON THE 1ST DAY???

THE REASON...
currently the #1 spot is taken by a jpop boyband "Kanjani 8" from Johnny's Entertainment, the biggest boyband making machine in japan. does SMAP n Kinki Kids ring a bell to ne1? Johnny's Entertainment created those bands too. Kinki Kids has released 21 singles n all 21 singles have gone #1. as for Kanjani 8, im not too worried about their #1 spot, it will definietly fall over the week. why u may ask. well the reason is cos crazy fangirls will obviously support there idol on the very 1st day of release, every crazy fan (especially fans of bands) will buy there single/album on the 1st few days of release. for example: when the boyband w-inds. released there single a couple of weeks ago, there 1st day ranking was #2. when friday came, there single started to fall, down the charts until on monday they were at #9. im am almost certain ayu will b bak up to #1 latest by the weekend. besides, ayu has a much larger fan base than kanjani 8->they're 1 of the least popular groups out of Johnny's.

note: in june there was a rumour in hk newspaper (it was translated from japanese) that Johnny's Entertainment had "special ties" with ORICON n that ORICON would always "favour" Johnny's groups in getting the #1 spot (1 of the reasons y Kinki Kids has gotten #1 singles on all their singles since their debut) this could b proven true if Kanjani 8 does get the #1 spot overall....i would think that would create A LOT of controversy, i mean ayu's single getting beaten by a boyband single??

Last edited by ayu_fan929; 14th September 2005 at 09:14 PM.
Old 14th September 2005, 09:23 PM
Beyond the Sea

*cries*
Old 14th September 2005, 09:28 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

OH man, that bites!!!! HEAVEN is such a beautiful song and the whole single seems to be well-rounded!!!! Don't worry though, maybe she will be No. 1 very soon...**taps into oricon charts and secretly places Ayu's name in the no. 1 spot, then tries to hide evidence of past records...** lol. jk. jk. But I am rooting for her all the way!!!!!! ^_^
Old 14th September 2005, 09:32 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Well, HEAVEN has received so much positive feedback on here that we can safely say it's a great song and will do well. But we can't expect her to be #1 all the time, every time. And she's #2, which is basically number 1. She would have been number one if it hadn't been for that other group's release at the same time. It doesn't make her worse or going down in fame, the release date was just not so good. And I'm sure HEAVEN will reach #1 by the end of the week, especially with people going to see the movie SHINOBI. By the way, when does that movie start? Maybe sales will pick up even more after that!
Old 14th September 2005, 09:42 PM
TO BE Initiate

WOW !!! she's 2nd... I think that Ayu will do a great promo to sale her single and I think that she have to show her 2 songs : HEAVEN and Will not to bore everybody...

But we must care about Hikaru UTADA's brand new single... And look : compare the A-Best cover (during the previous UTADA/HAMASAKI round) with HEAVEN covers... very closed...^^

To be serious I don't want to see Ayu #1 the first week but during a longer time... If it's a last 2005 single, it must be saled until the album...

Last edited by Olw---A; 14th September 2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 14th September 2005, 09:49 PM
Banned

Be my last is going to be #1
Old 14th September 2005, 11:46 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

o_o. Be My Last will DEFINITELY be #1. xD Not that I'm a super Hikki fan, but it's a fact. As a few weeks go by, Ayu's sales will be lower than that of Be My Last's first day/week sales xD

Not really a big deal. Stupid Oricon and Kanjani.

Zeo
Old 14th September 2005, 11:52 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar
Don't you think? the favorite and it is, Osaka. / Cherry tree support song (Oh! ENKA) / Infinity
Excuse me? It doesnt even have its CD image and its number 1? What kind of miracle is that? Unfairrrrr... but thats the daily chart right? the day isnt over yet, thank god.. this nightmare may be just an illusion..
Kanji 8 is a very ancient boyband from Johnny's and Johnny's artists never have covers on the Oricon for some reason.

seriously, this is NOT the end of the world, people should stop making up ridiculous theories (blaming Kanji8 and Oricon?? wtf?? so everytime Ayu gets no.1 it's cuz how she's so DIVINE and other artists are just crap?)... get on with your lives and accept Ayu for once got no.2 on the DAILY chart. there are much worse nightmares out there Mad_Cactuar.

btw, I just noticed...Kanji8 has THREE A-sides as opposed to HEAVEN which is promoted as a single A-side, maybe that's the problem?

Last edited by gakkun; 15th September 2005 at 12:00 AM.
Old 15th September 2005, 12:08 AM
BEST Initiate

This is CRAZY!! How can HEAVEN be 2nd on the CHART?!?! omg......... This is not happening.... THis single is the best one yet! what is happening to ayu?!
Old 15th September 2005, 12:15 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ sigh...if anything, blame the marketing. The only reason that Ayu's been getting no.1's is because the marketing, which prevents her going head to head with artists like B/z, Mr.Children, OR, UTADA HIKARU etc. Of course it's still too early to say but if Ayu *does* get no.2 this time then the marketing people are to blame for not seeing the popularity of the Kanji8 single.
Old 15th September 2005, 12:23 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

..did anyone really know of the Kanji8 one? I don't really remember seeing it on the expectancy chart.. was it there?

Zeo
Old 15th September 2005, 12:44 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I'm sure it was expected to be the second best selling single with 10.88 and ayu had like 17.
Old 15th September 2005, 12:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

No, the one that's currently 3rd was the one expected to do like 90 something, compared to the 100something+++ of HEAVEN. That one was second. Where did this single come from?!

Zeo
Old 15th September 2005, 01:28 AM
LIMIT Initiate

my god!!!!!!!!!!I just can't believe it!!!What an excellent single that HEAVEN is? How come it will lose it's No.1!!!!!!So sad!!!!!!!
Old 15th September 2005, 01:34 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Very bummed, but I'm positive it'll be #1 tomorrow. It just HAS to...