[A] 2012 Album Annoucement - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th November 2011, 08:50 AM
Pray H-Initiate

As always with a new Ayu album, I want something:

1. New, not easily comparable to previous albums.
2. Original, melodies that sound fresh.
3. Songs that are so catchy I won't ****ing ever forget them
4. Rock (though super-catchy pop, if done right, I won't mind).

I also don't mind collabs, if they are good, one or two collabs on an album I feel is a max though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
It will never make sense for me to tell anyone why they shouldn't like a song or album just because I don't enjoy it.
Exactly. Why is this so hard to understand anyway? Of all things that are relative, music's always been a prime example of that theory. Leave people's personal preferences alone. A healthy discussion is one thing, attacking an opinion is different.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 16th November 2011, 09:28 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComatoseBunnySnatcher View Post
I'm defending Countdown until my heart stops beating!
Same with me but instead of countdown I do it for Don't look back.

Don't look back and Sexy little things are 2 innovative and great productions tracks I can't get how anything like awkward or out of sync can be said about any of them.
Yeah, maybe Rock'n'Roll Circus wasn't the brightest book on the shelf but it still had some gems that shone strongly like these 2.
For Don't look back, yeah she had vogue and ourselves with some indian music influence but Don't look back is outshining them in the use of arabian/indian music both. For Sexy little things, how many singers could pull up swing pop (a non exist style) as good as that? (this is not implying for people who hate the track because of the style).

I dunno but when I read stuff that degrade high quality on these 2 tracks, I feel like I have to step in.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:45 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Same with me but instead of countdown I do it for Don't look back.

Don't look back and Sexy little things are 2 innovative and great productions tracks I can't get how anything like awkward or out of sync can be said about any of them.
Yeah, maybe Rock'n'Roll Circus wasn't the brightest book on the shelf but it still had some gems that shone strongly like these 2.
For Don't look back, yeah she had vogue and ourselves with some indian music influence but Don't look back is outshining them in the use of arabian/indian music both. For Sexy little things, how many singers could pull up swing pop (a non exist style) as good as that? (this is not implying for people who hate the track because of the style).

I dunno but when I read stuff that degrade high quality on these 2 tracks, I feel like I have to step in.
Completely agree with you! Don't look back is probably one of my favorite ayu tracks ever, even friends and family like this track even though they don't care for J music at all.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:49 AM
appears Initiate

I LOVE R'nRC. Seriously guys, every Ayu album has its own quality~ I respect everyone's opinion~ Well, she have done alot of work on R'nRC. Every single song were different (except for sunset/sunrise, although i really like sunset more~ , you could tell the difference when you listen from the start till the end~ although (miss)understood is the most experimental album ayu have done, but R'nRC has its own uniqueness. well, that's my opnion~
Old 16th November 2011, 09:49 AM
Initiate

i agree that love songs actually flows smoothly and is one of her most coherent album but i also find it boring. Love Songs was the only new song on the album that i liked.

I hope she plays around with album concept, her look and music genre in the new album...hopefully we hear a new sound from her (but definitely not R&B or hip-hop)...and no collaboration with xyz, u know who and who...
Old 16th November 2011, 09:53 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis810 View Post
i agree that love songs actually flows smoothly and is one of her most coherent album but i also find it boring. Love Songs was the only new song on the album that i liked.

I hope she plays around with album concept, her look and music genre in the new album...hopefully we hear a new sound from her (but definitely not R&B or hip-hop)...and no collaboration with xyz, u know who and who...
Mwahahahha I know who, and really couldn't agree more with the stuff for her not to do.
The songs that really made me cringe in Love songs where Thank U and November, she annoyed me so much in both, and I was also not so crazy about Like a doll...
Old 16th November 2011, 10:22 AM
too late Initiate

...but I think we all agree that "bridges" or "instrumental" tracks are not really necessary...better news songs ! :p or short versions, such as "mirror" on Guilty album
Old 16th November 2011, 11:24 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I'm hoping for something like My Story. That's my favorite album

Old 16th November 2011, 11:29 AM
I am... Initiate

I'm hoping for a continuation of Love Songs but with a new genre twist to it.
So...the production qualities, uniqueness and great flow(honestly in these 3 aspects, no Ayumi album as a whole can compete) of Love Songs paired with a different genre, any genre, because Ayumi has proven that she can pull of basically any genre.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:01 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukito View Post
The songs that really made me cringe in Love songs where Thank U and November, she annoyed me so much in both, and I was also not so crazy about Like a doll...
ah ah those songs are my favourite of the album..unbelievable how difefrently we perceive and feel the things guys

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 16th November 2011, 12:28 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Oops, sorry... I can stand Thank U better though.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:53 PM
too late Initiate

I was CRAZY (and still am for Like a doll,sending mail,November,Sweet Season,do it again)
The only song i tend to skip at times(more often now actually) is Thank U.
All those laa~laaaaas sound cheap,overused,generic,boring...
It's obvious that Thank U is a filler song,it maybe good for concert performances
but I don't like it at all,it reminded me how much i don't like Humming 7\4 but imo that
song is actually better than Thank U :-//
Old 16th November 2011, 01:15 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
I'm hoping for a continuation of Love Songs but with a new genre twist to it.
So...the production qualities, uniqueness and great flow(honestly in these 3 aspects, no Ayumi album as a whole can compete) of Love Songs paired with a different genre, any genre, because Ayumi has proven that she can pull of basically any genre.
I agree! Especially on the production. The arrangements in that album are breathtaking!
Old 16th November 2011, 06:10 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I agree! Especially on the production. The arrangements in that album are breathtaking!

What I meant by Don't look back being out of sync is that I don't really feel like the instrumentation during the chorus fits the chorus. The chorus really to me is just missing a POW. It seems forced for me and I just can't get into it and the arabic noises really don't fit the song. Good idea, but bad execution for that song with that melody. I do adore the bridge though.
Old 16th November 2011, 08:27 PM
SCAR Initiate

is sweet days one of her new songs? I don't recognize that song that played at the beginning of the making of video for the contacts thing
Old 16th November 2011, 08:54 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

It's YOU "Ramon Zenker Remix"

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 16th November 2011, 09:42 PM
Dolls Initiate

I hope for Timmy. All album made by Timmy would made my mind blew away. I think he fits her "Ayu" sound. BRILLANTE is very unique but still very Ayuish. Go Timmy!

(my boyfriend kinda dislikes Ayumi and when I gave him BRILLANTE he said "Oh, well, you were right, this IS amazing" ;DDDDD)
Old 16th November 2011, 10:57 PM
Heartplace Initiate

GREAT! I can't wait for the new album!

I'm hoping for some beautiful ballads (like "Endless sorrow", "walking proud", "CAROLS",...) and some great rock songs (like "talkin' 2 myself", "decision", "About You",...). One or two "cutesy songs" - like "ANGEL'S SONG" or "BLUE BIRD" - are welcome too!

But whatever...Ayu has never disappointed me so far, so I'm looking forward to her new album!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 16th November 2011, 11:06 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I think I'd rather hear a few more songs by Timmy before I say I want an entire album by him xD

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 16th November 2011, 11:13 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

^^One or two songs max. I'm not convinced he can impress us as much as he did with BRILLANTE.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Closed Thread