"Feel the love" short ver. PV - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2013, 03:57 PM
End of the World Initiate

I just think she could have pushed the "confidence = beautiful" message without having the girl turn into her.

You know, by the girl getting the guy the way she is? I'm sure the rest of the video and the part with the makeover do enough to show that she's now confident and happy in herself.
Old 27th November 2013, 03:59 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasking View Post
It seems avex has gotten smart. When I try download the video it comes up as 0 bytes. Sorry guys
I actually got it a while ago using Keepvid... are you doing that as well? It was about 98MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
I just think she could have pushed the "confidence = beautiful" message without having the girl turn into her.

You know, by the girl getting the guy the way she is? I'm sure the rest of the video and the part with the makeover do enough to show that she's now confident and happy in herself.
I think that was probably a possible ending, but with the twists that they LOVE putting in since Rock'n'Roll Circus, I'm not surprised they went with an Ayu ending over a "girl getting the guy the way she is" ending.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:00 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasking View Post
It seems avex has gotten smart. When I try download the video it comes up as 0 bytes. Sorry guys
Use this site http://www.clipconverter.cc/
I just tried to download the PV and it worked just fine!
Old 27th November 2013, 04:06 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think that was probably a possible ending, but with the twists that they LOVE putting in since Rock'n'Roll Circus, I'm not surprised they went with an Ayu ending over a "girl getting the guy the way she is" ending.
The ending wasn't a twist though. The girl staying the way she is ending would have been a twist.

A larger girl becoming thinner and supposedly happier, and then getting the guy is so typical.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:09 PM
And Then Initiate

I thought it was very boring and just "why...?" I'm not crazy about the music either, so this whole single is a bust for me. :\
Old 27th November 2013, 04:09 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

I really don't know what to think about this. It was fun and unexpected but ... some parts looked a bit cheap. And i didn't really understood the message behind the end. I thought the girl would finally feel pretty and confident and get the boy but instead she turns into Ayu... Well i find it sad if it was all about girls have to be pretty end thin to have a boy.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:10 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

by the way, looking on that overweight girl, i feel motivated and see a different side...
even though you are overweight, you can be very healthy (i think this is the meaning of the scene when she pushed away marathon players)...she can be very confident and don't have any fear..and of course looks pretty (the scene when she got make over, and DJ Hello Kitty suprised by the way she looks)

i don't know...i feel that the PV working nicely altogether..and supporting the song very well...

for people that said Hello Kitty is for a kid, you really don't know how famous Hello Kitty in Japan. I think every Japanese women love Hello Kitty!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 27th November 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:12 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Hm, I suppose I meant more of a Masashi Muto-twist. The girl 'becoming' Ayu was just... so him. Also they probably wanted to involve Ayu in the narrative somehow and this is how they did it.

I did like how the lead actress' character basically had no fear whatsoever. She was basically like... I KNOW WHAT I WANT OKAY? and went for it.

Last edited by truehappiness; 27th November 2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:30 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Damn, this is possibly one of the worst music videos i've seen in my entire life. I get that's it's just supposed to be silly and nothing more but everything about it looked awkward, low-budget and half-assed. I would even like one of those boyfriend concept PV's more than this, or a simple club styled one for that matter. To think this woman used to make the most incredible music videos in the whole J-Pop industry, hoping for something much better with the Merry-Go-Round video.

Video: No
Songs: Meh
Covers: YES

Not digging this release at all, but let's just get this out of the system Ayu

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Old 27th November 2013, 04:34 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She still does once in a while when she actually makes music videos. Falling in and out of love so many times in the last few years really made things wonky in Ayu-PV-land. Having one trilogy for Mannie and then one for Maro was such overkill.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:44 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyrhythm View Post
It's hilarious how people still believe they can defend this shit. Guys, she didn't give a fuck this whole release. Dunno why you still do.
Glad you said this for me, I was already thinking how to phrase it delicately but since the music video is about as delicate as throwing a bowling ball through a glass window, there's no need for us to be really.

Such a shame because I really like the song, I'm still ordering the CD-only version because I love both songs so far but this PV is the biggest piss take I've seen in years. It hás to be some kind of joke. I am still in a state of shock. Also in Japan there are very little fat / Caucasian people so they are completely insensitive to how obviously offensive this video is.

My only hope and light in this situation is that Ayu was too busy with her own things and just said "yeah whatever" when the set intern proposed this parody.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:46 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU View Post
this PV is the biggest piss take I've seen in years. It hás to be some kind of joke. I am still in a state of shock. Also in Japan there are very little fat / Caucasian people so they are completely insensitive to how obviously offensive this video is.
Or maybe you're just too sensitive? Lighten up... I'm not entirely sure what anyone even expected from this song's video. I would have probably rolled my eyes if she attempted glitter pt.2 again leading into a Merry-go-round fated.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:53 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Ok, that was a nope as big as Alaska. JUST NO AYU.
It had a nice idea for the storyline and I totally see where they wanted to go with this (a-la Last Friday Night by Katy Perry), but the budget wasn't there, and everybody can see that. The animation parts were supercheap and awful to look at, and I didn't like at all the way it was shoot and directed.
The only nice parts were the funny and adorable attitude of the girl and Ayu last appearence (yes, me loves my ahegyo Ayu, thanks).
It was meant to be nice, and silly and fun (just like the song), and I appreciate that, but for me it was a horrible job. Pity.

Hello new me...

Old 27th November 2013, 04:55 PM
YOU Initiate

I liked it haha i thought it was silly. I don't think she was saying if you work out you can look like me. I have a feeling it was more of a "shallow hal" thing. Cuz it was from his POV when you see ayu. I actually think the girl was actually really playing ayu too cuz they have similar hair styles in the video too.

thanks for the awesome sig HELVENEUE!

here's my art blog! artomomy.blogspot.com
Old 27th November 2013, 05:07 PM
Initiate

I feel that the video is trying too hard to go viral, with a "funny" concept and a twist at the end.

I'm not the one to point the "fat goes thin" thing because it's just boring. If they showed the chubby girl again at the end, but with the guy, then all those things you guys are saying would make sense, but it was just her getting all thin and "the way that he wanted", nothing deeper than that.
Old 27th November 2013, 05:13 PM
YOU Initiate

All jokes aside in regards to the weird animations, the cheesiness, the white girl suddenly turning into ayu and etc... I thought this was a pretty cute PV. And it was obviously meant to be a silly video, and I think that's why ayu acted the way she did at the end.
Old 27th November 2013, 05:18 PM
Trauma Initiate

love the song with the video.. especially when DJ kitty doing aerobic thing
Old 27th November 2013, 05:21 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

this PV is terrible. I'm shocked ayu would come out with such a horrible message like that. I was SURE that she would have walked away from the douchebag at the end afterwards. really disappointed she would do something as offensive as this.
Old 27th November 2013, 05:32 PM
Far away Initiate

I love yoake's interpretation on the pv, it's really touching if the Hot guy( played by James Ellis) sees the inner beauty of the fat girl (represented by a pretty image of ayu).

Did you guys saw the part when he turned and looked at ayu? He seem to give the 'wow' expression. I guess they wanted to depict that he was clearly mesmerise by her beauty. Inner beauty of the fat girl.

I would prefer the moral to be

1) A hot guy sees an inner beauty of an women and fall in love with her

Rather than

2) women should try to look "slim and perfect" in order to make a hot guy notice you.
Old 27th November 2013, 05:32 PM
GAME Initiate

Y'all have to understand that the "Health at Every Size" movement and other overly PC shit that makes fat people feel better about themselves doesn't exist in Japan.

That was an awful video, though.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, video