[Charts & Rankings] Official Sales & Positions Thread III ~NEXT LEVEL~ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2009, 02:02 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

^that's quite surprising, since I think Ayu is starting to become known for having great performances. She's rehearsed more and more each year, but 500 tickets does seem like a lot (even if it is 60ish per date). It could be that resellers brought a ton of tickets, and avex thought that ticket sales were doing great and added on even more dates, but really it was just an inflated number by resellers? I remember that last year, people were still able to buy tickets to her final night in Yoyogi, which seems quite strange, since that's usually the best night. (2005-2006 were completely sold out, no scalpers at all if I recall correctly)
Old 9th April 2009, 02:04 AM
Lelio Protector

How do we know though that those 530 people or at least most of them aren't going to a certain date already and decided no to go/cancel other dates they got tickets to?
More people might want to go to just 1 tour date.

I mean if quorter/half of the crowd in some shows are people who went to the same tour twice or more, perhaps those 530 (or most of them) could be people who got tickets for more than 1 date and they decided to keep just one and go to that date.

Perhaps her tour becomes less-returners-to-the-same-show, tour?

Last edited by ayumisrael; 9th April 2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 9th April 2009, 02:05 AM
from your letter Initiate

blah..
why does this thread turn out to b AT 09 thread..

back 2 topic please..

btw..
when will d usb ep be counted..
i'm tired hearin people say it will count ....day..
where d sales never go up..
or may b it's been counted..;p

n i guess it'll never outsell GUILTY in d end..

if u only look u'll never get it.....

if u only look it'll never be urs.......

Old 9th April 2009, 02:15 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
How do we know though that those 530 people or at least most of them aren't going to a certain date already and decided no to go/cancel other dates they got tickets to?
More people might want to go to just 1 tour date.
I'm just telling you what the resale market is like for Ayumi tickets and this is the first time in my experience that it has looked like this.
Old 9th April 2009, 02:26 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I'm just telling you what the resale market is like for Ayumi tickets and this is the first time in my experience that it has looked like this.
So what I brought up can actually be true.
As you said yourself in 1 of the shows you went to and ayu asked who went to see that tour already and half of the crowd raised their hands up (and half would be like 4000-4500) so out of those multiple dates in tokyo this amount of 530 people might be people who actually already got a ticket for one of the shows and sold the other/s since 1 show is enough for them for one reason or another (and here the economical issue can affect since they might need the money for more important things so 1 show would be enough for them or just one they can afford though it might not be it).

As big as this number look I think that indicates more of people that aren't interested to go to more than 1 show of this tour more than less people interested in it.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 9th April 2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 9th April 2009, 02:41 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ But the problem is, that people deciding to just go to one date on her tour instead of multiple dates is something that you could say was a factor in every single one of her tours prior to this, yet the resale market didn't look anything like it does now. Nor do other artists, judging from the ticket website, have this problem right now. Sorry to bring up Namie again, but she is playing Yoyogi 5 times in a row (and has already played it close to 10 times before on this tour) yet she has a total of only 37 tickets for resale. Couldn't the more likely reason simply be that not enough people in Japan like Next Level enough to justify going to a "Next Level" tour? That's what I think the most likely reason is, even more than just a general gradual decrease in popularity. (because this is not a gradual increase in resale tickets, this is an explosion.)

I agree, though that the economy can effect whether people go to more than one show or not though. It's just other artists currently on arena tours don't seem to be having that issue - so either people don't care about the economy and are still going to multiple shows or Ayu had by far the biggest concert audience made up of multiple attendees.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 9th April 2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 9th April 2009, 02:51 AM
Lelio Protector

I just think that the number isn't big enough to be that reason.
It's still 530 out of around 30,000-32,000 (all the tokyo dates together).
Don't you think the number should be way higher to indicate the those people aren't interested in the tour and not aren't interested to go more than once?

Also Namie and DREAMS COME TRUE (specially Namie) are hot and trendy.
Who wouldn't like to go to every date of them?
DCT must have also a bigger and stronger fanbase than what ayu has.

I'm not saying or negating what you bring up of course and it might actually be true, I still would like to bring up the possibility though that if it was it the numbers would be higher and more shocking, and I'm not sure there would be that many additional concert dates since they come from demand.
As big as it looks it's still 530 out of 30,000-32,000 even if for other artists it's way less out of more,
perhaps the amount of people who went to see ayu's tours more than once (the same tour) just decreased.
If it would be like 1,500-2,000+ then I would say "wow a lot of people there hate NEXT LEVEL to death".

Last edited by ayumisrael; 9th April 2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 9th April 2009, 03:39 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Don't you think the number should be way higher to indicate the those people aren't interested in the tour and not aren't interested to go more than once?
But conversely, you also don't just go from having a handful of tickets for each tour date at resale shops (maybe a dozen at most) to suddenly 530 for 9 dates - that number will only rise as more people get their tickets for different dates. But actually it is more like 7 dates, 2 of the dates only have 3 tickets available because they are outside of Tokyo (obviously Tokyo resale shops will primarily only have tickets for Tokyo area concerts. Other areas have their own resale shops, but I don't know if they have websites.) So, at this point, 527 tickets for 7 dates before the tour even starts. And my rough estimate for what it would be in the past based on the number of tickets I would on average see at resale shops before maybe around 60 tickets for 7 dates.

Quote:
I think that is about the first time in 10 years I've heard someone call Dreams Come True hot and trendy. They obviously have a more solid fanbase over the years though. But Namie and Dream Come True are only two examples - you could look at any artist currently on tour and none of them are having the resale blowback that Ayu is. (or like I said, any artist that I have ever seen with only a few Hello Project concerts coming close.)

Quote:
If it would be like 1,500-2,000+ then I would say "wow a lot of people there hate NEXT LEVEL to death".
It most likely WILL rise to that number though. At this pace, by the end of the tour it should easily surpass that.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 9th April 2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 9th April 2009, 04:35 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Location: Currently @ Ann Arbor, MI || originally from Hong Kong
I still don't think a larger amount of resale tickets in the resale market necessarily means that people are losing interest in Ayu's concerts or Ayu in general. Because correlation isn't causation. It's not ceteris paribus, so there are many other factors in play (such as, as I've mentioned before, people who watch the same show twice deciding not to do so this year). I don't think we should be thinking that Ayu is losing popularity big time or anything, since she still is relative to other artists selling quite well.

Also, it doesn't mean Ayu can't rebound up to the top of the sales tier. With some kickass marketing in 2009, Ayu might really just reach NEXT LEVEL. Somewhat like Namie.

Back onto topic though, I hope NEXT LEVEL reaches 400k. GUILTY couldn't reach 600k, and it looks like NEXT LEVEL will have real trouble reaching 500k if at all, sooo, 400k? 350k looks probable now.

I was saved by the love that I tried to keep away
Set by truehappiness

Twitter || Niall is pretty (tumblr)

Last edited by keikeiaznqueen; 9th April 2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old 9th April 2009, 05:13 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

It is just not her year is it.

I personally think NEXT LEVEL will reach 350K...but it's gonna take quite a long time...400K will take months.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 9th April 2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 9th April 2009, 08:04 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:

I think that is about the first time in 10 years I've heard someone call Dreams Come True hot and trendy. They obviously have a more solid fanbase over the years though. But Namie and Dream Come True are only two examples - you could look at any artist currently on tour and none of them are having the resale blowback that Ayu is. (or like I said, any artist that I have ever seen with only a few Hello Project concerts coming close.)

It most likely WILL rise to that number though. At this pace, by the end of the tour it should easily surpass that.
I think you shouldn't compare HP and Morning Masume to Ayu, most of those girls are idols and have a bunch of hard core otaku's backing them up, even though their sales generally suck now. Plus keep in mind that many of those artists on tour prolly perform in smaller halls/arenas than Ayu is with less concert dates. There is still time and some of the tickets might simply sell when the tour actually takes off. Sure what you said might be true as we all know that less people seem to like Ayu's music, but as I said before, every single discussion seems to be just for the sake of stating that she's losing her popularity which is rather obvious and it's needless to discuss it over and over again. So I am sorry I am having troubles seeing a point here. Sure this might be the first time this is happening, but this is the first time she is having 35 days for one of her tours and rather than being negative you could simply say that those 2 pretty obvious facts might be related + you said it yourself that this is the first time this has happened even though her sales have been declining the past number of years, so I guess what Andre said makes way more sense.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 9th April 2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:31 AM
SEASONS Initiate

nuber 4 today, so the USB wasnt too much helpfull

Old 9th April 2009, 11:42 AM
independent Initiate

Ooh, no... I was hoping that she will stay at #2. But I hope she will get #2 monthly.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 9th April 2009, 12:33 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:

I'm not saying or negating what you bring up of course and it might actually be true, I still would like to bring up the possibility though that if it was it the numbers would be higher and more shocking, and I'm not sure there would be that many additional concert dates since they come from demand.
As big as it looks it's still 530 out of 30,000-32,000 even if for other artists it's way less out of more,
perhaps the amount of people who went to see ayu's tours more than once (the same tour) just decreased.
I hope you're right.

Quote:

I hope you're wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekcarey View Post
nuber 4 today, so the USB wasnt too much helpfull
I guess not ;_;.... Oh well. There's still the second wave? But I doubt it'll be much help if the first wave barely made a splash.

(I'm loving this multi-quote tool! yay)
Old 9th April 2009, 02:05 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
It is just not her year is it.

I personally think NEXT LEVEL will reach 350K...but it's gonna take quite a long time...400K will take months.
I just hope that her album sales are bottoming out with Next Level and it can only look up from here.
Old 9th April 2009, 02:08 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
I just hope that her album sales are bottoming out with Next Level and it can only look up from here.
sad to say but, didn't people said the same thing about Secret? and then about GUILTY??
Old 9th April 2009, 02:23 PM
count down Initiate

Ah with the 10k USB copies (I think), she's still at #4? May I know what are the sales for the #1 album today?

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 9th April 2009, 02:36 PM
Who... Initiate

^-18 076.

#3 (DCT): 7 927...
Old 9th April 2009, 02:41 PM
count down Initiate

Okay, thank you!

So is the first batch of USB copies 10 000? Assuming she sold around 5k today, it should be 15k... at least a #2. Omg how do they calculate the USB in the first place?

It's very confusing, but again, I'm also assuming that Oricon might be counting in the USB a day later or something, just to confirm all the numbers.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 9th April 2009, 02:56 PM
Far away Initiate

numbers struggling to reach 350k.....jia you!