ARENA TOUR 2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ information thread [III] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 2nd October 2012, 10:44 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
What about Hong Kong though? She can still do Singapore, Taiwan, maybe even Malaysia (or is Malaysia too conservative for Ayu's show?) and perhaps the success of SM Towns in Indonesia and the Philippines will show Avex there is money to be made outside of the Sinosphere. I wonder if Thai people still hate her.
yea about the conflict,im thinking about Ayu having her Asia tour again,but now i dont think so

lol someone mentioned this now,yeah i do think that it will be a bit difficult to have Ayu's concert in malaysia and plus,our media isnt really familiar with her i guess,what a shame but maybe Ayu can try who nows,we got Girls Generation,Super Junior,B.A.P concerts here,so yeah

wonder what exactly happened in Thai?? anyone?

and thanx for the vids, really loved what ive heard so far,the guitar riff during Tell Me Why is eargasm and appears just sounded great,her voice! loved the intro too!
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:58 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuWorld View Post

wonder what exactly happened in Thai?? anyone?
was it because she didn't want to
take a bow to Thailand's princess?

Old 3rd October 2012, 02:02 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think the Thai thing was made up, haha. Why is that rumor still a thing anyway?

From 2003:
Spoiler:
Quote:
I know this is old news, but .....
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/membe...20030202tc.htm

She didn't really want to go. "What do I have to go to Thailand for?" she grumbled. Even the prospect of an audience with a royal princess failed to rouse her. Was she herself not royalty? The queen of J-Pop? The mainstay of a sagging music industry? The first, second and last word in teen and post-teen fashion? God herself, to her millions of fans?

Ayumi Hamasaki, at 24, is all these things, and this quasi-diplomatic mission to Bangkok, where she would have to kneel before a mere princess by blood, left her cold. But the Thai-government was keen to host her, and her record company was keen to send her, and so, sullenly resenting that all the worship she commands has not made her mistress of her own fate, she went. It would have been better if she'd stayed home.

Shukan Bunshun recounts the fiasco.

The prime mover, with staunch Thai government backing, was the Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association. Thailand's biggest market for its gem exports is Japan. Who better than Hamasaki to implant in Japanese young people a craving for Thai rubies?

The arrangements that took shape called for her to spend four days in Bangkok. On Day Three she would take part in a palace ceremony and present Princess Ubonratana, the eldest daughter of King Rama IX, with the 3.6 million yen collected by the TGJTA for the princess' narcotics eradication program.

Hamasaki left Narita for Bangkok on Nov. 26. Trouble began before the Thai Airways plane was off the ground. Her luggage, with its 100 outfits, took time to load. Her protests over the seating arrangements took time to deal with -- she was not pleased to learn the first-class seat next to hers would be occupied. When the plane finally took off, 40 minutes late, the seat in question was taken -- reports Shukan Bunshun -- by Hamasaki's teddy bear.

At Bangkok's Don Muang Airport, the star snubbed a troupe of Thai dancers on hand to welcome her and brushed past a pack of reporters into a waiting limo, which whisked her along streets cleared of traffic to her $2,600-a-night accommodation at the Peninsula Hotel.

For the next two days she behaved as if her mission entailed offending as many people as possible, giving short shrift to reporters, abruptly canceling a scheduled TV appearance, and indulging in the sort of conspicuous consumption that is an outrage to less privileged members of our species.

Then came the "main event." One of 10 VIP participants, Hamasaki was ushered into a palace waiting room to await a rehearsal. There were formalities to master: the proper bow, the proper deportment (don't look higher than the princess' eyes). The rehearsal duly began -- but where was Hamasaki? When had she slipped out?

The ceremony was over before she reappeared, looking perfectly composed. Adding insult to injury, one of her staffers snapped a photo of the princess.

"It's a rather embarrassing story," a record company spokesperson tells Shukan Bunshun. "Hamasaki simply refused to take part. She said she wouldn't kneel to the princess. Her staff tried to make her see reason, but it was no use. 'I don't want to, and that's that,' she said."

With that she flounced out through a back exit and took refuge, apparently, in a parked bus. Just an over-pampered kid in a bad mood, you might say. True -- but Shukan Bunshun wonders if Hamasaki realizes how close she came to getting herself arrested. The Thai royal family enjoys a quasi-divine status, similar to that of Japan's prewar emperor. An insult to the royals is no laughing matter. On the contrary, it's generally a police matter. Hamasaki got away with it, the magazine speculates, only because Princess Ubonratana has a soft spot for performers.

I'm half Thai, so I suppose I automatically felt kind of insulted. My grandparents were nobility in Thailand, and there, nobility is something that is EARNED by a person's merits, not something one is born into. Ayu is just as much a commoner as the princess. It's a slightly more egalitarian and meritocratic way of life than Ayu's used to, I suppose ....

I couldn't believe it when I read it, that Ayu could be so rude to her hosts. I HIGHLY respect and love Ayu, and to hear tell of her being so childish and petulant kind of bothers me .... I hope she's not like that anymore ....
Pretty sure it was as true as the "Timmy" boyfriend thing with a Tiffany ring/bracelet or whatever back in 2006. The 'source' is one of those tabloids that tends to report on Ayu's multiple abortions and such.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd October 2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 3rd October 2012, 02:21 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
What about Hong Kong though? She can still do Singapore, Taiwan, maybe even Malaysia (or is Malaysia too conservative for Ayu's show?) and perhaps the success of SM Towns in Indonesia and the Philippines will show Avex there is money to be made outside of the Sinosphere. I wonder if Thai people still hate her.
oh my god this, Filipinos love anything beautiful! Ayu can easily seize the sluggish Philippine market!
Old 3rd October 2012, 02:31 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'm a bit late, but thanks for sharing the YouTube vids.
Not to be blunt... Oh forget it, lets be blunt. Ayu RUINED 'appears'!
#dead
I think I'm gonna cry for a few days in a corner...
Old 3rd October 2012, 03:37 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
This could easily be a rumor, I thought Ayu couldn't do a concert in Singapore because the cost would be too much? That's what I remember reading back in 2007 or 2008, anyway. I'm sure her net's gone down a bit so the cost of having her perform would be down a bit.

I'd like to see her explore a bit more of Asia myself as well and perform in Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, etc. Of course, the US would be nice, and I'm sure she would love to perform here, or at one point wanted to, but realistically speaking, she'd perform in Asia before anywhere else.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 3rd October 2012, 04:35 AM
monochrome Initiate

anyway
is there any of member here having pictures when Ayu was in Thailand?

Old 3rd October 2012, 09:52 AM
TO BE Initiate

I'm pretty sure she should do a show here in Australia! (technically we should be considered South-East Asians, and thus, an eligible stop for an Asian tour!)

I'm surprised she hasn't visited yet (or has she?).
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:01 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
I'm pretty sure she should do a show here in Australia! (technically we should be considered South-East Asians, and thus, an eligible stop for an Asian tour!)

I'm surprised she hasn't visited yet (or has she?).
With how far apart people live I don't think she will go. Even though it may technically be considered part of Asia(never heard of that before, btw), it's a country with western culture and language, the vast majority of people have never heard about Ayumi and the density of people living there is so low it's logistically a bad idea to go unless you know for a fact you have many fans that will come.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:29 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu-lips View Post
was it because she didn't want to
take a bow to Thailand's princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think the Thai thing was made up, haha. Why is that rumor still a thing anyway?

From 2003:
Spoiler:

Pretty sure it was as true as the "Timmy" boyfriend thing with a Tiffany ring/bracelet or whatever back in 2006. The 'source' is one of those tabloids that tends to report on Ayu's multiple abortions and such.
omg i REALLY that the news is not true at all, i mean really?? why must she was so reluctant to see the Princess?and she didnt want to meet the fans? it seems not so ayu the way the told the story,i think this is the same year as Uraayu photobook had been published,remember saw the making of where people run for her like crazy even on the streets,i think shes enjoy the fact that people were chasing after the "Queen of Jpop Hamasaki Ayumi"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu-lips View Post
anyway
is there any of member here having pictures when Ayu was in Thailand?
got a thread bout that here,but no pics http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2783

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel View Post
This could easily be a rumor, I thought Ayu couldn't do a concert in Singapore because the cost would be too much? That's what I remember reading back in 2007 or 2008, anyway. I'm sure her net's gone down a bit so the cost of having her perform would be down a bit.

I'd like to see her explore a bit more of Asia myself as well and perform in Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, etc. Of course, the US would be nice, and I'm sure she would love to perform here, or at one point wanted to, but realistically speaking, she'd perform in Asia before anywhere else.
yea i hope that she will explore other parts of Asia too,especially South East Asia,come one avex should fans been waiting for her for years to visit there, she even just went to Singapore for like once? im sure she will get to learn something new visiting various places other then LA,Hawaii,NY,UK,China,HK
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:18 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
With how far apart people live I don't think she will go. Even though it may technically be considered part of Asia(never heard of that before, btw), it's a country with western culture and language, the vast majority of people have never heard about Ayumi and the density of people living there is so low it's logistically a bad idea to go unless you know for a fact you have many fans that will come.
Haha, no, we're considered Oceania but due to our position geographically, we should really be considered South East Asia. Regardless, I've met quite a few people here who know who she is (no where near as well known as Namie Amuro though). I think it would be possible for her to come here; but she would be confined to Sydney/Melbourne. Are you actually Australian/live in the Eastern states? (I used to live in the West and nobody knows who the hell she is there).

Anyway, back on topic. I really hope she does do a world tour, even if it's not for her 15th, perhaps her 20th?
Old 3rd October 2012, 05:06 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Wait
There are rumours of Ayu doing a world tour?
Whoa.
Old 3rd October 2012, 05:27 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

I'm from Thailand (But I didn't have the photo of her when she has been here, In that time I didn't know her yet) I can told you that news it's a rumor taploid stuff because it's very strict here, If she done that there will be no Ayu's stuff here in Thailand anymore.

(Actually most of the J-Pop fan still love Ayu as for her older stuff, her popularity has drop since Koda and then now it seem like everybody know Namie more than Ayu)

Facebook | Last.fm | GetGlue | Twitter

Last edited by Jester; 3rd October 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 4th October 2012, 02:33 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
Haha, no, we're considered Oceania but due to our position geographically, we should really be considered South East Asia. Regardless, I've met quite a few people here who know who she is (no where near as well known as Namie Amuro though). I think it would be possible for her to come here; but she would be confined to Sydney/Melbourne. Are you actually Australian/live in the Eastern states? (I used to live in the West and nobody knows who the hell she is there).

Anyway, back on topic. I really hope she does do a world tour, even if it's not for her 15th, perhaps her 20th?
I live in WA. and considering 80% of WA seems to be Asian (I have no idea where everyone else is, seriously. At the beach maybe?) people certainly know her here. Heck, I see her face in magazines every time I ride through past the City.
Old 4th October 2012, 02:54 AM
appears Initiate

^

I wish Boston was like that, no one here has ever heard of her.
Old 4th October 2012, 04:41 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
I'm a bit late, but thanks for sharing the YouTube vids.
Not to be blunt... Oh forget it, lets be blunt. Ayu RUINED 'appears'!
#dead
I think I'm gonna cry for a few days in a corner...
??

She sang it flawlessly at all three dates I went to...
People also really responded well to the song. The first time in Shizuoka there was a whole group of girls in the row in front who all just screamed "natsukashii~~~~~~~~"
Old 4th October 2012, 04:52 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ First, I think DnB has to realize that this was recorded on a bad phone mic... its going to sound horrible...

also, I think its the fact that ayumi's voice is so different from when she first sang this song...

I actually like this version better besides some of the ii ii's... lol
Old 4th October 2012, 05:47 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
I live in WA. and considering 80% of WA seems to be Asian (I have no idea where everyone else is, seriously. At the beach maybe?) people certainly know her here. Heck, I see her face in magazines every time I ride through past the City.
I lived/was born in country WA, so that would explain why!
( I lived there for nearly my entire life; nobody listens to anything different there but from what they listen to on the radio, but I'm sure that it is the same everywhere in country Australia, the amount of immigrants/people with origins outside of Australia just don't seem to flock there like they do in cities).
I know!!! It's the same over here at the moment.
I think she could definitely pull the numbers for a concert here.

I actually have seen quite a few users on AHS from Perth, but I thought I had better comment on my own experience of nobody knowing her (but like I said before, it is flawed considering I have not yet lived in Perth).

Last edited by Jawdarna; 4th October 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 6th October 2012, 05:45 AM
Don't look back Initiate

HOTEL Love songs is coming to an end in 5 days
Let's await the DVD, Blu-ray in Mar 8th HAHA!
Old 6th October 2012, 09:03 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWELian View Post
??

She sang it flawlessly at all three dates I went to...
People also really responded well to the song. The first time in Shizuoka there was a whole group of girls in the row in front who all just screamed "natsukashii~~~~~~~~"
Yup. I don't think that she could've done it better. People loved it and so did I.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, arena tour 2012, hotel love songs, party queen