ayu to perform "No way to say" and "Haru yo, Koi" on FNS on 2021.12.01 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th December 2021, 10:06 PM
Two of us Initiate

HWANYWORLD put up a great retrospective of her FNS performances.

From this, it looks like it was 2012 to 2020 where she stopped performing new material for the general public. But from 2020 she's included new material, either covers or new singles, each time. A great sign!
Old 6th December 2021, 09:38 AM
opening Run Initiate

If you notice Ayu often uses baby voice when she's talking, so I doubt it's necessarily to control her voice. I guess it's a desire to sound cute, maybe young, maybe more like her former self, maybe lack of confidence. I wonder what Japanese audience thinks of such voice?
No way to say sounds very cartoonish, but I'll take it over screaming.
If someone decides to make a comparison of her vocals over the years it will be one hell of a watch.

Last edited by Chris85; 6th December 2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old 7th December 2021, 03:10 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I thought both performances were great, even if Ayu's baby voice isn't my cup of tea either. There were parts of NWTS where at times it seemed like a more "natural" tone was emerging, like she was using the baby approach to control her vocals better, but she still had a specific understanding of how NWTS typically sounds tone wise and had to correct herself?

She looked beautiful also. Doll Ayu is a top-tier Ayu aesthetic, and I love when she adopts a maximalist approach to fashion during the holiday season.
Old 7th December 2021, 07:38 PM
ourselves Initiate

One of the best performances I've seen in many years. I don't mind the voice, I much prefer this to the lower register.

travel, art and food!
Old 8th December 2021, 06:16 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

The Haru Yo, Koi music video has reached 2M views!

Old 8th December 2021, 10:15 AM
Depend on you Initiate

These were strong performances! I didn't really notice the cutesy voice, Ayu had perfect control of her pitch and that was just amazing to watch!!

I didn't like her first look - not a fan of the 'overdone doll' personally. The Haru Yo, Koi look was incredible though - her hair with the little flowers in it was just gorgeous
Old 9th December 2021, 02:10 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

she sang Ohia so beautifully last year, I'm not a fan of the cutesy voice. but if it's either that or screaming, I'm totally fine with it. she looked absolutely gorgeous performing Haru yo, koi.
Old 9th December 2021, 07:35 PM
Two of us Initiate

Her looks, her outfit and the setting are absolutely amazing! But that baby voice...please lower the key just a little bit. You can tell by her face that it's hard for her to reach to that key as well. :/
Old 12th December 2021, 06:01 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I agree baby voice gotta go.
Old 21st December 2021, 05:16 PM
Because of You Initiate

I was so excited to see her perform for TV again. She looked lovelly, but as soon as she opened her mouth with first two lines, i exited the video. The Haru yo koi studio version was already ballancing on the edge for me with those vocals, however they were just slightly squeeky, but the live of the two songs was even more jarring. It just sounded like a fake tone. She needs to stop. She has such a lovelly soothing natural tone which isn't even THAT low, and i don't get why she's going to this one. I mean she clearly has more control of her technique, i don't understand where this extra nasaly tone is coming from. Cuz she still sounds amazing.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 21st December 2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 24th December 2021, 05:29 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Her Haru yo, Koi performance made me tear up. Her vocals were on pitch, and SO crisp. I actually thought it sounded effortless. Plus less heavy drawn out vibrato.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 1st January 2022, 02:28 PM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

Watched her performance of NWTS. Her higher register was good during choruses but verses would sound much better if she was able to sing in a lower pitch.

I was however disappointed with her HY,K performance. Based on the MV She did an amazing cover of the song but in FNS she relied too much on her nasal voice and while it worked to a certain extent for NWTS, it did not work for this song. Additionally i thought she emoted better in NWTS too.

Looking forward to more performances for HY,K!

Last edited by taskinillusion; 1st January 2022 at 10:37 PM.

Tags
2021 fns kayousai, fns, haru yo koi, no way to say