New singles crossroad 9/22 and 「L」 9/29 2nd & 3rd parts of 3 single project [IV] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd August 2010, 11:34 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorphose View Post
I've retained my "it's awful" opinion. I didn't like the preview at all. Then I got excited cause a-nation attendees said it was totally different. But then I heard the rip and realized the melody sucks and that's why I don't like it.
I see. I LOVE the melody lol. It's so beautiful and classic sounding.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:39 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniayu View Post
i love crossroad,really reminds me of because of you *O*
*i'm crazy*
BoY is my absolute favourite song like... ever... But no, crossroads have nothing in common I must say. I guess we will see after the HQ comes out but Im pretty sure of what I'm hearing here and its not BoY II. While BoY leaves you with a mountain of feelings like guilt, sadness, angry and no hope I must say crossroads seemes to be like a melody more with security and walking along a road by yourself but not weak or whatever. Maybe I read into it too much, but crossroads doesnt seeme to be a favourite of mine.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:50 PM
no more words Initiate

"crossroad" really does sound like an early 90s globe song, or really any early 90s pop ballad. I do like it (especially the strings), but it has an odd "Flavor of Life (Ballad Version)" vibe to it as if it belongs in a J-Dorama series. It's the kind of sound that the Japanese tend to love and may therefore help the single gain popularity among casual Japanese listeners, but I honestly wonder how well the single will sell since it doesn't progressively take Ayu's sound to the "next level" in preparation for #50. Again, I like the song and can understand why others do too, but I also fully understand why others don't like it.

Where are the "Because of You" and "theme of a-nation" comparisons coming from? It's more like a "LOVE ~Destiny~ x POWDER SNOW" hybrid.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:50 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I see. I LOVE the melody lol. It's so beautiful and classic sounding.
It's just the chorus and pre-chorus part that bothers me. The verses are good. I'm not too upset about not liking it though, there's 4 other new songs to look forward too.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:54 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
I've retained my "it's awful" opinion. I didn't like the preview at all. Then I got excited cause a-nation attendees said it was totally different. But then I heard the rip and realized the melody sucks and that's why I don't like it.
:high5:

me too . But I'm less bothered by the a-nation preview than the original one.

Old 23rd August 2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
It's just the chorus and pre-chorus part that bothers me. The verses are good. I'm not too upset about not liking it though, there's 4 other new songs to look forward too.
That's what's really great about how she's releasing things lately. It's not just 2 new songs then we have to wait 3-4 months for a new single. If fans don't like something there's still a lot of new songs coming our way very soon that they could have a better chance of liking
Old 24th August 2010, 01:06 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintkisses View Post
The song sounds promising (just please.. no MOON/blossom part 2). It sounds like it would be a potential theme song for a Final Fantasy game xD
The verses definitely sound Final Fantasy-ish! That's probably why I'm in love with them~!!!

Quote:
To be honest, the verses sound like they're going in a different direction than the chorus... The chorus kind of sounds out of place. But I still like it a lot.
Old 24th August 2010, 01:18 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintkisses View Post
The song sounds promising (just please.. no MOON/blossom part 2). It sounds like it would be a potential theme song for a Final Fantasy game xD
Ohmygod, you're absolutely right. I hear that, too

I'm really excited for this -- listening to what I can make out of how she's singing and the instruments, I think it sounds different from most of Ayu's typical sweeping or "epic" songs of late. There's something about it that reminds me, as people have said, of BALLAD, I am..., theme of a-nation '03. It's not necessarily a comparison of compositions, more so the FEEL of the song. Something somber but hopeful.

It sounds very pretty I'm looking forward to its release.

ETA: And, just to chime in, the chorus is my favorite part XD It goes chorus > verse > pre-chorus, in rankings of my favorites.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Last edited by Bad Wolf; 24th August 2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 24th August 2010, 01:22 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Ughhhhhhh I want this single right now... More than anything! Been listening to it all day.
Old 24th August 2010, 01:35 AM

The way she's singing it is what's most amazing to me. It's like how interesting she made her voice sound in some of the songs on the I am... album. I know this is random, but Days just came up on shuffle and crossroad makes me hate Days even more. The way she sings Days is 100% opposite of how she sings crossroad. She sounds so bored and uninterested in that song and like she's not even trying. I'm glad nowadays she is putting a lot more effort/emotion into her ballads.
Old 24th August 2010, 01:39 AM
JEWEL Initiate

^ Really? I think Days is sang perfectly for what it's about...
Old 24th August 2010, 01:41 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I have to wait !!!!!
I can't hear a lot in this new preview from a-nation but thanks

TWICE

Old 24th August 2010, 01:43 AM
Initiate

I think I know what identity's getting at -- what made me so torn about Days when I first heard it was how I felt like she was just phoning in the emotions, not really being sincere or even successfully pretending sincerity. It just felt so lackluster so I kinda forgot about the song but, as I listen to it recently, I feel like she's sort of subdued because she's reflecting to herself about what she's thinking/feeling. It's sort of like quiet introspection, I guess? It's still not my favorite ballad by a long shot, though lol.

I, too, am glad that there's more emotion in her ballads than not. That's one of the things that immediately struck me about crossroad.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 24th August 2010, 01:48 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
^ Really? I think Days is sang perfectly for what it's about...
I agree with you. She put the right emotion in Days. Days is something more about a (teenage) girl's feeling toward a guy (who has a girlfriend). It's more likely a secret love or something. Her emotion connects to the song very well. I just dun think using a strong emotion would fit this song.

And probly I'm a sucker to songs like Days. I just dun like ballads with too much emotions within. Sometimes it's like the emotion of the voice drags me into the song, and the deeper feeling of the song is blocked by that.

Last edited by bluegie; 24th August 2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 24th August 2010, 01:53 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Yeah I think too much emotion would have been creepy!
Old 24th August 2010, 01:55 AM
End roll Initiate

I really want to listen to crossroad more but I also dont 'cause I don't want to spoil it before we get a HQ rip!!!! What to do!

What time do we usually get covers/leaks of the songs? Shouldn't be too far away should it?
Old 24th August 2010, 01:58 AM
Two of us Initiate

This song sounds pretty good, her vocals are great though! Steady, on key, and no over-done vibrato.
Even though I love how individual every Ayu "era" is, I do like that she backtracked a little, it made me think I am...-Memorial Address.
Actually, thinking about it, I think it resembles Memorial Address (the song) a bit, only a bit happier/lighter-mood?

Phe~no~me~nal set by ownsarai

Old 24th August 2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InoriNoUta View Post
I think I know what identity's getting at -- what made me so torn about Days when I first heard it was how I felt like she was just phoning in the emotions, not really being sincere or even successfully pretending sincerity. It just felt so lackluster so I kinda forgot about the song but, as I listen to it recently, I feel like she's sort of subdued because she's reflecting to herself about what she's thinking/feeling. It's sort of like quiet introspection, I guess? It's still not my favorite ballad by a long shot, though lol.

I, too, am glad that there's more emotion in her ballads than not. That's one of the things that immediately struck me about crossroad.
Yes! 99% of Ayu's ballads I can get some sort of feeling from, Days is that 1% I can't.
Old 24th August 2010, 02:00 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quite a few people say that about Days... But I guess I could say the same for Last Links!
Old 24th August 2010, 02:04 AM
End roll Initiate

I think they both have emotion-just not as obvious or powerful as some of her other songs.
I also think Days is very much a winter song if that makes sense. I know I understand it more when the weather is cold.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, crossroad, hamasaki ayumi, l 3a, l 50th single, seven days war, single