[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ II - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2012, 03:26 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
She had quite promoted singles leading up to it and the PVs were shown on TV(at least some). Ayumi had no singles and only 4 PVs in total, which apparently weren't even shown on some channels.
They had normal promotion. And to counteract that Ayu's PQ cm has been airing 6-8 times an hour and PQ/HBYA has been playing frequently in shops unlike JAPONESQUE. Ayu will always be a much bigger priority and receive the better treatment over Kuu.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 27th March 2012, 03:31 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Koda Kumi finds her way into here again.... Get her out asap please .
Old 27th March 2012, 03:33 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
I'd prefer that she wasn't mentioned but I guess it's sort of inevitable.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 27th March 2012, 03:33 PM
I am... Initiate

Well now that's based purely on things that cannot really be proved. Fact is one had singles, which always works as a way to promote an album and build anticipation, and one has not had them, one had 17 PVs of which some(?) aired on TV, one had 4. It's possible though Ayumi got more store/CM promotion it's just...nothing we can say for sure unless there's some data on that xD Anyways I'm just happy the sales are around JAPONESQUE level and not lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
Why? It's not like there's any bashing happening. It's just discussing sales and what led to them without any connection to Ayumi and Kuu as artists or people, only promotion methods. If you can't do that then what can you do? The only way to know if sales are good or bad is comparing.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:34 PM
appears Initiate

Please stop comparing Ayu and Ku-chan...both of them are different..although I love Ayu, I also love Ku-chan~~please stop!!
Old 27th March 2012, 03:34 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
I wonder what he meant though. Since she had no TV lives for the month of the release and just magazines ala Party Queen. IMO both fans of both artists should be proud of the numbers because there wasn't any promo for both. Having a #1 over a #2 doesn't make it a bigger success so both did well at the end of the day.
even without much promotion i don't think either of them did well and i'm definitely not proud of their sales lol. ~negative nancy here~
but both of their albums are better than their last 3 or 4 albums so as a fan that's what i'm most proud of. they're both stepping up their game. now it's time for Namie to start following
Old 27th March 2012, 03:42 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Comparing Kuu and Ayu is just as annoying as that "Why are you even here if you don't love Ayu" question imo so why can't these things just stop already? I love both of them and it annoys me to see these two always being compared to each other in every way I can think of. -.-'

Anyhoo, I don't think first week sales were that bad at all. Reaching almost 100K is quite well. She might've done even worse. And being #2 is good. At least it didn't fall out of Top 3 or Top 5 or even Top 10.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 27th March 2012, 03:43 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
Why? It's not like there's any bashing happening. It's just discussing sales and what led to them without any connection to Ayumi and Kuu as artists or people, only promotion methods. If you can't do that then what can you do? The only way to know if sales are good or bad is comparing.
I said that because I'm sure that one way or another there will be a person saying "LOL are you comparing ayu to that *****?" And then the Kuu-fan defends Kumi, then the ayu-stan bashes the kumi-fan, and then it goes on and on and on. It always goes like that. I don't even think Kuu should be compared to ayu.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:43 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I don't think streaks, sales, records or popularity should matter, to be honest.
While music is an art, the music business is a business. Those things look good for the artist and anyone who wants to give them more money for better production. The absolute most important thing (especially for a pop singer like Ayumi) are sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu-lips View Post
japanese people think that ayu had retire after rainboe
only hardcore fan who know her realease album..
so ayu need to be noticed again by general public to get a better sales
This is really reaching. I feel like the stars in outer space are closer than this idea being real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetGirl View Post
well its different and not comparable imo. starting just with the age thing, I believe nowadays hit makers in west such as katy perry or lady gaga are in her 30s and just started, ayu in the same age is so old like ancient history in japan lol
Um, they're both in their 20s and became famous in their early 20s.

Last edited by haikudasai; 27th March 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:44 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
Hm, well, I don't know to what extent the label can manipulate sales. I feel like PQ'ds #2 is a bit different. The release format is different no singles are leading up to the album, her 50th single beat Seiko's record. This era feels more... "new leaf" than Guilty's did.
Agreed, completely. This is really her "next level."

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 27th March 2012, 03:48 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by haikudasai View Post
Um, they're both in their 20s and became famous in their early 20s.
29 aint early 20 to me, but you can buy whatever you want.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:51 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
29 aint early 20 to me, but you can buy whatever you want.
This was what you said: hit makers in west such as katy perry or lady gaga are in her 30s and just started.

Katy Perry is not just starting out, neither is Lady Gaga. lol and Neither of them are 29.

Old 27th March 2012, 04:01 PM
Because of You Initiate

'officialy' they are 27 if Im not wrong and I always count 3 years at least more cause they dont publish real age. And they started 3 years ago if Im not mistaken once again. 27 is old in Japan already if you are japanese
Old 27th March 2012, 04:05 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
'officialy' they are 27 if Im not wrong and I always count 3 years at least more cause they dont publish real age. And they started 3 years ago if Im not mistaken once again. 27 is old in Japan already if you are japanese
.... um.

Well people who used to go to high school with them have made public comments/posted yearbook photos, and it is fairly easy to track when they were in school. Therefore you can get a pretty close idea of how old they are rather than tacking on almost half a decade due to paranoia of being lied to about age....

I'm not even a fan of theirs and this info took 2 minutes to find. All your justifications are just strange. I will leave you to your thoughts. Have a nice day!

Old 27th March 2012, 04:06 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Okay, Donald Trump. You have their birth certificate?

Gaga's been active for 6 years, Katy since 2001, but not really famous until 2008 or so.

Old 27th March 2012, 04:09 PM
Because of You Initiate

lol, the whole point was that ayu is not considered cool (and age thing just contributes to that) so sales are awsome if I take everything in consideration
Old 27th March 2012, 04:12 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
lol, the whole point was that ayu is not considered cool (and age thing just contributes to that) so sales are awsome if I take everything in consideration
Nice way to admit that you are wrong. NOT
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Points based on incorrect facts hardly have merit.

GREEN Initiate

Katy is 27
Gaga is 25

why are we talking about this in a ayumi forum?

I'm happy that Ayumi got number 2... but said too...
I guess this means e might gets lots of promotion next time around?
Or maybe just the same about because she has sold 100K in the first week with what little they did...

blah!
Old 27th March 2012, 04:16 PM
Because of You Initiate

wtf? why would I think Im wrong, Im just not a person who forces my own opinion on others, I dont have a problem if they want to believe what they want. I leave discussion cause I see no point in discussing katy and lady gaga. Whoever sees that as the way of boosting their ego its their problem. I couldnt care less.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon, party queen