ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ V - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th June 2013, 04:25 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Good! I hope this is a wake up call for her and everyone else. "Wake Me Up" indeed. It can only push and challenge her.

Over all, this anniversary has been kind of a dud.
What's there to wake up from ??? She was just not feeling well
Old 10th June 2013, 04:55 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^To be fair, she is having a ton of arena dates by normal jpop standarts... She could cut a few dates, sell out everything and still have longer tours than most.
She's always been having this many tour dates, I think. A BEST LIVE currently has 28 shows, HLS last year started out with 27 before expanding into the fall with 34 shows in total. Also, since it's the big 15th, it won't have made sense for her to cut down on dates..

I guess what went wrong is probably what everyone's already talking about... The scandals, the rehashed performances, the general lack of fresh material.. Even the tour goods this time seemed half-heartedly done with a used-before theme. The only thing that saved it (for me) was the tour visual (she looks gorgeous there), and even that doesn't make me want to purchase any of the goods.

But I don't agree with the idea that she should do away with the dancers and her team (at least the on-stage people). She's been pushing them to the forefront for years now, and it's evident that quite a few of them have become fan favs. I dare say that some fans attend concerts to watch their fav dancers as much as to watch ayu. Just take a look at any photo on the A BEST TOUR blog. Almost half of the handmade uchiwas the fans are holding bear dancer/performance team member names. They may only be back-up dancers, but they do have a substantial fanbase, and getting rid of them is simply not a wise option. For another example, anyone remember the huge outcry that happened when Subaru pulled out of PoM tour for personal reasons? He made a comeback in the next tour much to many fans' pleasure (my own included haha), and one really does wonder why he would return unless it was due to fan demand.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 10th June 2013, 05:05 AM
glitter Initiate

I haven't purchased any of the goods either, I just don't like them... and I don't like the pamphlet at all.

The dancers shouldn't go away, but they should stop gaining so much spotlight, it's okay if they appear on the big screen and fans scream for them for a while, but sometimes it's just too much for the dancers and not enough ayu I like her dancers, but I don't want them all over ayu all the time.
Old 10th June 2013, 05:42 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
I haven't purchased any of the goods either, I just don't like them... and I don't like the pamphlet at all.

The dancers shouldn't go away, but they should stop gaining so much spotlight, it's okay if they appear on the big screen and fans scream for them for a while, but sometimes it's just too much for the dancers and not enough ayu I like her dancers, but I don't want them all over ayu all the time.
same here. but i agree, it's quite not right to get rid all of them. Some dancers had stick with ayu since the very beginning like dome tour (kayano, midori) and the band-members , including yo-chan and enrique, were there for her since she debut. They all had become a family to her, and everyone looks like they're trying their best, only maro and her messed things up. ayu should really re-consider her choices for A BEST LIVE. what kind of big 15th anni. is that if the tour dates won't even last until fall?!

Set by YuriChan

Old 10th June 2013, 05:47 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
She's always been having this many tour dates, I think. A BEST LIVE currently has 28 shows, HLS last year started out with 27 before expanding into the fall with 34 shows in total. Also, since it's the big 15th, it won't have made sense for her to cut down on dates..

I guess what went wrong is probably what everyone's already talking about... The scandals, the rehashed performances, the general lack of fresh material.. Even the tour goods this time seemed half-heartedly done with a used-before theme. The only thing that saved it (for me) was the tour visual (she looks gorgeous there), and even that doesn't make me want to purchase any of the goods.

But I don't agree with the idea that she should do away with the dancers and her team (at least the on-stage people). She's been pushing them to the forefront for years now, and it's evident that quite a few of them have become fan favs. I dare say that some fans attend concerts to watch their fav dancers as much as to watch ayu. Just take a look at any photo on the A BEST TOUR blog. Almost half of the handmade uchiwas the fans are holding bear dancer/performance team member names. They may only be back-up dancers, but they do have a substantial fanbase, and getting rid of them is simply not a wise option. For another example, anyone remember the huge outcry that happened when Subaru pulled out of PoM tour for personal reasons? He made a comeback in the next tour much to many fans' pleasure (my own included haha), and one really does wonder why he would return unless it was due to fan demand.
I know she had longer tours on the past... I believe she still has to beat AT10 numbers... But 28 dates on arenas, what means +-280,000 sits still is HUGE to jpop standarts, considering it's not a big country... Not to bash la Koda, but if I remember it right, even with the "queen of live" thing she never really had the same tour going through this number of dates (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I can't think of any female soloist but Namie and maybe Yuming having tours this with a similar attendance nowadays.

If she toured for 25 dates for example, it would STILL be huge and probably sold out. This is what I meant.

About things needing to be huge because it's her anniversary... She is basically reminding the public she is old news, being it huge or small... Once she makes her 20th, 30th, 40th anni we can start talking about classic and things get better.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 10th June 2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10th June 2013, 05:53 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Maybe ayu and avex didn't foresee that this would happen, guess it's time their formula wear off I think. She could use this as an input on creating a new touring formula, new artistic direction, new musical direction or new scheduling/planning, I hope

I also agree about the dancers, even though they're like family to Ayu, I don't think they should have the same spotlight as her. I know she's being generous and such but still. And now that she has a large number of people in the stage, things got a bit confusing for me when I watched her tour on DVD. Maybe they can feature the troupe on screen more during the live while they could focus on Ayu when they edit the footage for physical release?
Old 10th June 2013, 06:19 AM
GREEN Initiate

she might not have any more dates planned yet because she has something in the works.
Most shows are pretty packed, so thats a good thing...
it seems to me the most people complaining about it are ones that are not going and just seeing pictures.
Also when you sing live, you have off days... not every concert will sound perfect.
Old 10th June 2013, 07:35 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:

THIS.They all are as Ayu says herself a part of a show and a part of "Ayumi Hamasaki". Fans got used to them and have their own favorites. They became a huge family and friends. So it's all not just about making money, but also making memories together. Fans wouldn't appreaciate if someone dissapeared. Even i wouldn't. I mean if Yo-chan would be gone, what's left of the epic guitar intros in the concerts? ._.

and i never really got a problem with dancers. most of her concerts have plenty of Ayu there, i really don't see what other see in that departament *shrugs* maybe less Shu-ya poping out of nowhere and flailing cuz i dn't really understand that as dancing lol but i guess people in Japan like him, so i really don't care xD

Last edited by BlackSilence; 10th June 2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10th June 2013, 09:29 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
and i never really got a problem with dancers. most of her concerts have plenty of Ayu there, i really don't see what other see in that departament *shrugs* maybe less Shu-ya poping out of nowhere and flailing cuz i dn't really understand that as dancing lol but i guess people in Japan like him, so i really don't care xD
As I listen to fans' reaction at the concerts I can tell that Shuya, Subaru and Jin always receive loudest cheers.

Quote:
They've posted the updates for the shows at Yokohama, Osaka, Aomori, Fukui, Hiroshima and Shizuoka. That's 12 out of 16 shows so far which did not manage to finish selling tickets.
Wow! and I was so happy to see that every single seat at Osaka concerts was taken...Maybe they had to give away some of the tickets to achieve that... :-((
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)

Last edited by Chris85; 10th June 2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11th June 2013, 12:31 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Just read the TA entry and while it doesn't really say so, it is probably the ticket sales that she didn't add more dates. But are the October dates not a "newer" thing anyway? Didn't she start doing those later dates only a few years ago?

If we're looking for reasons of Ayu's declining draw in, most of them have been described quite correctly, I guess. I have never personally attended an Ayu concert, but I wish I could turn back time and visit her Dome Concert, A Museum, TA club tour or My Story Tour. Those are the concerts I keep going back to and they are 10 years old! I'm not interested in her newer stuff for numerous reasons.... I feel sorry for her, but she made some bad decisions in the past that now come back to haunt her. My interest in Ayu is waning for some years now. I always thought it was just a slump, but I have to admit, I'm just not as excited about her activities as I was before and I doubt it will get better. I feel sad that I'm obviously not the only one who lost interest....but I know Ayu has very devoted fans who'll stay with her no matter what, and that's nice to know.
Old 11th June 2013, 12:59 AM
glitter Initiate

I went to the last CDL and they did have tickets at the reseller shops up until the very last night, which was a bit odd I guess but I dunno if that happens all the time. Apart from that fans were as happy and cheerful as always, I just loved being surrounded by so much love and support then.

I have had ayufan friends who moved on and like other things now, they still love and respect ayu but they don't follow her anymore, for years now. So I guess it just happens when some people stop liking or following something or someone.

Thanks for clarifying things a bit btw, the thing is we can mostly assume what's happening, we don't know the facts, even though people keep bringing up things as facts all the time, which is quite annoying.
Old 11th June 2013, 04:37 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
THIS.They all are as Ayu says herself a part of a show and a part of "Ayumi Hamasaki". Fans got used to them and have their own favorites. They became a huge family and friends. So it's all not just about making money, but also making memories together. Fans wouldn't appreaciate if someone dissapeared. Even i wouldn't. I mean if Yo-chan would be gone, what's left of the epic guitar intros in the concerts? ._.
I don't appreciate that Gomi is gone. He was my absolute favorite dancer, hands down.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 11th June 2013, 04:58 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^Gomi gone for a better cause I guess, he said he moved to his hometown to contribute to people more there after the tsunami if I'm not mistaken. So if Ayu held him for her own it wouldn't be nice imo
Old 11th June 2013, 06:09 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Just noticed this and its been awhile since this has changed
I think thats close to 200 more than it was last time

Most users ever online was 922, 11th May 2013 at 05:18 AM.

But I think its just there's nothing really new/exciting in this tour to make people really wow, unlike when she had her 10th

Old 11th June 2013, 09:49 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
Just noticed this and its been awhile since this has changed
I think thats close to 200 more than it was last time

Most users ever online was 922, 11th May 2013 at 05:18 AM.

But I think its just there's nothing really new/exciting in this tour to make people really wow, unlike when she had her 10th
Yeah... Remember when we had all those server constraints in the past whenever Ayu brings up something new, causing "AHS is temporarily unavailable"? All this lack of exciting things are really keeping things quiet here...
Old 11th June 2013, 10:23 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternafan000 View Post
pepl think concerts are just for them and their personal tastes guess whaat it's ayu's art and ayu's passion n she's said cuuontless times that she h8s feeling lonely on stagae and wud rather it be filled with her family and friends ^.^ i think its sweet n special and anyone who wants 2 take that away from her is a selfish **** ***** **** ^.~
Maybe if you write more clearly, we would be able to take your sayings into consideration...

Old 11th June 2013, 10:30 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Well, let's face it, since we pay to go, the concerts aren't for Ayu and Ayu alone...XD They're for us as well! And if you saw it, and you didn't really liked some things, you can say it, if you're respectful saying it.
What I don't understand are people whom didn't see anything at all and judge all of this tour not a big deal. Even if, with all this problems selling tickets, maybe they're right too.

Hello new me...

Old 11th June 2013, 05:14 PM
Sky high Protector

^ It's not because you pay that an artist should make what you want in a concert. Ayu isn't that kind of pseudo-artist who only make what people want to make money. She's a Real Artist who sings with passion & not for money.
Old 11th June 2013, 05:20 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^
If you read carefully, you can see that's not what I'm saying. I'm not saying she has to change what she does, but that people are entitled to not liking it and complain about it and talk about how it'd be better in their opinion.
And, honestly, when I do something, I like when people make real observations, not just generic ones like "oh, nice", but ones which truly inspire me and make me realize how to improve. She always struck me like the kind of person whom holds dear others' opinion, and, as fans, I think we owe her our real opinion, to inspire her to do what we think it'll be best next time, not to change her.

Hello new me...

Old 11th June 2013, 05:32 PM
Sky high Protector

^your first sentence wasn't accurate enough. Sorry, I misunderstood. >.<

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 15th anniversary, a best live