~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A information thread [I] - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2011, 02:57 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectodub View Post
i love the meaning and concept of this tour

at the same time i think ayu decided to not include any song of "love songs album" for one smart reason....after express her deepest feelings about the tragedy of her country with THE Power of Music Tour...she going back to business doing her planed Love Hotel Tour
yeah I think so too, I hope so.
Old 11th May 2011, 03:37 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
i love the meaning and concept of this tour

at the same time i think ayu decided to not include any song of "love songs album" for one smart reason....after express her deepest feelings about the tragedy of her country with THE Power of Music Tour...she going back to business doing her planed Love Hotel Tour
Yeah I thought that as well, especially when she said she was gonna split the tour into 2 parts.

I'm sure the second part will have all the songs from Love songs.

This first part of the tour has nothing to do with Love songs, that's why she renamed it.
Old 11th May 2011, 04:55 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepYOU1234 View Post
The original idea for I am... was a shoot going through the day of a girl but due to 9/11 Ayu didn't think it was appropriate so changed it to the peace theme. Can't remember where this came from but I remember reading it. Someone correct me if I am wrong! >.<
Wasn't it in the Time Asia interview in something like 2002? I'm pretty sure it's mentioned somewhere in the interview here: http://www.time.com/time/asia/features/ayumi_hamasaki/
Old 11th May 2011, 12:28 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesteral View Post
Wasn't it in the Time Asia interview in something like 2002? I'm pretty sure it's mentioned somewhere in the interview here: http://www.time.com/time/asia/features/ayumi_hamasaki/
Quote:
I had a completely different idea for the cover at first. We'd already reserved the space, decided the hair and makeup and everything. But after the incident, as is typical of me, I suddenly changed my mind. I knew it wasn't the time for gaudiness, for elaborate sets and costumes. It sounds odd coming from me, but I realize what I say and how I look has a great impact.
She doesn't mention what was her original idea.

Old 11th May 2011, 12:45 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
i'm so thankful for this concert!! i loved the setlist (especially forgiveness, monochrome, NEVER EVER, part of Me, Moments and Born To Be...), and also the classic-acoustic thing... the whole set is wonderful and different from all the past tours =) and yeah, i agree with Larien, this concert is for Japan, for her nation, for a new hope!!

ps: im a little bit sad about HOTEL Love songs being postponed but i understand that... and i hope someday she'll be up on stage singing songs like "sending mail", "do it again" and "Virgin Road" <3

HOPE for SENDAI!!!
Virgin Road has already had an arena tour performance so I doubt it would get another one this year even if she did go on with HOTEL Love songs

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th May 2011, 01:05 PM
ourselves Initiate

^She'll play a song multiple times a year. Plus, this one is from a single. It's pretty likely it'll be on the HOTEL tour.

My travel blog
Old 11th May 2011, 01:42 PM
No way to say Initiate

The dearest cover shoot was suppose to be the I am cover apparently sure I read that here....

Found the thread...
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...ht=Sepia+skies

Interesting that endless sorrow was originally titled "sepia skies", was around the time Ayu said she fell in love with the smashing pumpkins and the album "Mellon collie and the infinite sadness" which is very similar to the title "endless sorrow"

Last edited by ExodusUK; 11th May 2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11th May 2011, 01:43 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

ayu rarely sings the same single for more than 2 consecutive main concerts, even if it's a single... Moon, Virgin Road and Last Angel probably weren't part of the original tour, considering they were performed on a AT and on a CDL...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 11th May 2011, 02:38 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
The dearest cover shoot was suppose to be the I am cover apparently sure I read that here....

Found the thread...
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...ht=Sepia+skies

Interesting that endless sorrow was originally titled "sepia skies", was around the time Ayu said she fell in love with the smashing pumpkins and the album "Mellon collie and the infinite sadness" which is very similar to the title "endless sorrow"
Interesting thread there. But they say...

Quote:
The covers for "I am..." had been planned but no photography had taken place when Ayu changed her mind. So there are no alternative "I am.." photo shoots in existence.
Meaning there isn't any shoots från the "first idea" of I am...

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 11th May 2011, 03:05 PM
End of the World Initiate

^ and that whole thread is just people going "it was rumoured"... Dearest is about on the same level of flashiness as I am... in my opinion, so I'm hesitant to believe it was Dearest. She mentioned "gaudy" in the interview, which Dearest is anything but. I think Dearest is less gaudy than I am...
Old 11th May 2011, 03:18 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
i
This is really hilarious...you're the fifth person or so, to say that Ayu didn't include any songs from her latest album.
"blossom" is from "Love songs".

I don't know...do people hate "blossom" so much that they simply read over it in the tracklist of "POWER of MUSIC"?!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 11th May 2011, 04:36 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeru View Post
^She'll play a song multiple times a year. Plus, this one is from a single. It's pretty likely it'll be on the HOTEL tour.
Even some of her biggest hits didn't get performed at two arena tours in a row, so as Andre said, Virgin Road, MOON and Last angel prolly weren't a part of HOTEL Love songs anyways.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th May 2011, 06:23 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

poker face acapella!
I was waiting for that, awesome!
Hope she keeps it like that. XD

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 11th May 2011, 07:20 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Still no videos or anything? Or have I missed something here? o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori-chan View Post
I don't know...do people hate "blossom" so much that they simply read over it in the tracklist of "POWER of MUSIC"?!
I could ask the same thing.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 11th May 2011, 08:08 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Video doesn't come out usually unless there are Asian stops and people record the concert.

At the very most, we will get an audio rip from someone who brought a recorder in/turned one on during the show.
Old 11th May 2011, 08:57 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
I could ask the same thing.
I think it's maybe because blossom has been out for a while, and because it isn't an album track, won't really be something promoting the album, as such. However, I think Ayu just chose songs that'd promote the theme of the new tour.
Old 11th May 2011, 09:58 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing... lol. But I think she might have plans for Hotel love songs still, thats why she hasnt had any plans for Love songs songs mostly...
Why blossom though?? that should be the REAL question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Even some of her biggest hits didn't get performed at two arena tours in a row, so as Andre said, Virgin Road, MOON and Last angel prolly weren't a part of HOTEL Love songs anyways.
I think she would of performed M instead of Virgin Road (since she seems to do the same concept for both songs) but I think last angel and Moon had a good chance to be in hotel love songs... )they seem very popular at the concerts)
I think the only song that she has performed forever and at every concert is Evolution... I could be wrong of course...
Old 11th May 2011, 10:33 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
This is really hilarious...you're the fifth person or so, to say that Ayu didn't include any songs from her latest album.

when i was writting "ayu did't include any songs from..." in my post, i was thinking "hey ..what about blossom?....mmh who cares!"
i really don't care about blossom....in fact maybe she include "blossom" in this actual tour because that song is not part of the HLS tour...
personally i think any other song of her album is better than blossom (even "like a doll" or "sweet season")

Last edited by perfectodub; 11th May 2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I think the only song that she has performed forever and at every concert is Evolution... I could be wrong of course...
And there is Boys & Girls as well, though she skipped it this year. UNITE! and SURREAL are also performed almost every year. Still MOON and Virgin Road aren't nearly as popular and yeah M prolly had better chances of being performed than Virgin Road.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th May 2011, 10:42 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ I forgot about Boys and Girls! She does that a lot as well.. I was going to say surreal and unite, but i think they are played far less then Evolution.
Its an amazing song and I think that song (evolution) and M have become staple for her.
Since she had done Virgin Road in Rock in Roll Circus and the concept for both songs seem to be the same i was betting more on M. (by concept Im talking about the wedding dress theme and all...)
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, hotel love songs, power of music, power of music 2011