TeamAyu LIMITED PREMIUM PREVIEW ~Party Queen~ information thread - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 10th March 2012, 08:23 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Another person posted their thoughts. Most of it is the same as the other people who heard the songs.

NaNaNa - dance track with a lot of English like Ladies Night, flows well from Party queen

Shake It♥ - erotic lyrics were surprising, very exciting with an intense rock sound

taskebab - Cool track, can see Yocchan playing it

call - medium ballad with a MOON/monochrome-esque atmosphere, self deprecating lyrics?

Letter - medium ballad, may change when performed live with a very relaxed atmosphere

reminds me - bears a resemblance to Duty. Dark, tough, serious and powerful rock tune.

Return Road - This is a godly song. Lyrics have divorce as a theme. Reminiscent of Free&Easy and kiss o' kill with organs/strings/chorus/piano.

Tell me why - Medium rock tune. Same atmosphere as Last angel, perhaps? Unique beat as well.

the next LOVE - Becomes fast in the end, jazz taste with a feel of the autumn season

Eyes, Smoke, Magic - Introduction has a clown laughing... very weird. Overall, a very light pop track.

Ayu seems to have been thinking of the divorce for a while. I am loving how the album is pretty rockish.

Last edited by truehappiness; 10th March 2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10th March 2012, 09:19 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
OMG! Box is so huge! Like two RnRC together
not sure that I can find a place for it in my room %)

Eyes, Smoke, Magic... why?! Diamonds are best friends? Never knew that I would listen it from Ayu.
Don't take the lyrics so literally...and out of context.

Love what I've read so far. I am so glad the album doesn't have that many love songs.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th March 2012, 09:33 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Shake It♥ - erotic lyrics were surprising, very exciting with an intense rock sound
OMG °_° I want to listen to it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10th March 2012, 09:48 AM
SURREAL Initiate

GOD I'm becoming insane . Must be patient.. I can't! I wan't to hear them now!!
Old 10th March 2012, 09:56 AM
Replace Initiate

excited!!!
Old 10th March 2012, 10:01 AM
End of the World Initiate

3 same tempo as MOON? D:
Old 10th March 2012, 10:25 AM
I am... Initiate

...erotic lyrics? O...M...G! haha
Old 10th March 2012, 10:41 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

And before people start saying stuff, divorce as the theme does not mean VR is related to RR, as VR was not about her marriage to Manny, lol.

But yeah, really anticipating everything. Wish I could have gone!

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 10th March 2012, 11:10 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ But it was pretty much a wedding song, right? So some connection between VR and RR can actually be seen

And yeah, I really liked the lyrics, thank you tenshi no hane for translation! Excited-excited-excited~
Old 10th March 2012, 11:12 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

IIRC, the song was intended for her mother. The wedding stuff all came about in the PV and live performances.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:15 AM
I am... Initiate

Yeah the song itself was just a thank-you to her mother. It's connected to songs such as A Song for XX mainly.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:16 AM
July 1st Initiate

Didn't you notice the playbutton of Party Queen ?

It seems that the button has the pink-NY/Cheetah print on it.

Old 10th March 2012, 11:19 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yep.

Quote:
(The Party Queen posters and PLAYBUTTON are visible!)
However, I can't really make out the details. I kinda see the pink that you're talking about though.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:23 AM
July 1st Initiate

I like it that the event turned into a little exhibition of Ayu's products ^^ Like a little Museum

Old 10th March 2012, 11:26 AM
July 1st Initiate

If I was there I wonder if I could hold back the urge to break the cabinet glass and take every ayu stuff in it. That box set oh my God THAT BOX SET.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:28 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Since the viewings were held at avex, security would probably catch you before you could do anything with it, hahahaha.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:32 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
IIRC, the song was intended for her mother. The wedding stuff all came about in the PV and live performances.
Yeah that was a thank-you to her mother mostly, but it was about wedding too.
She was thanking her mother for taking good care of her, and telling her she found someone who will take care of her for the rest of her life.

Quote:
I met a person who said, "I love you and want to protect you"
We start to walk together now
Whatever sadness we may face, whatever gladness we may feel
We promised to live on, sharing every moment together
And the song is called Virgin Road after all.
Quote:
Bajin Rodo ('Virgin Road'), refers to the aisle a bride walks down in a church.
Anyway, I have to say that I'm eager to hear the songs right now, especially Return Road.

Last edited by Linoa62; 10th March 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:42 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think that's one way to interpret it (so you could use it for weddings and such), but according to an interview, she said that the entire song was about the relationship between her and her mother. I don't believe she had met Mannie when she wrote the song so I don't think that's what she was talking about. November was the song she had written for Love songs that was dedicated to Mannie (or at least she hinted at it).

The interview translated by Misa-chan:
Quote:
JELLY readers have just received news that Yamamoto Yuuki-chan and Mori Maya-chan (JELLY models) are both getting married. Seems really timely, what with your song title.
“Seems like it. Congratulations~ About Yuuki, I knew her long before this, when she was still a rebel girl, so I was surprised when she told me “I’ll be a mother soon!”. Actually, Mika John used to tell me that the two of us girls were really alike, that “the road Yuuki is travelling on now is the same road that rebel Ayu travelled on in the past”. (laugh) I’m sure Yuuki is not the only one, many JELLY readers have probably become rebels through fashion. Those girls have also surely experienced quarrels with their parents, as well as running away from home. When people hear the title [Virgin Road], they imagine that it’ll be a story about a lovestruck ayu and her hubby, but I wrote this song about the relationship I have with my parent. During [A song for XX] era, I couldn’t come to terms with my family or my situation. Since then, I’ve become an adult, and am of an age when it’s not weird to marry. Now, I can take on anything that comes my way. “In the end, you were the one who took the most care of me”, because it’s embarassing and I can’t say it face-to-face, I put it down into song…”

I see, it’s to thank your parent. It’s an understandable feeling, words of gratitude are always hard to say.
“If my past songs are a reflection of JELLY generation as it is now, I’m sure [Virgin Road] will be just right for the readers when they eventually get married someday. I also think that the song will help the older generation to understand that it is not easy to say the words “thank you” without sounding awkward. That’s why, please feel free to use this song for your weddings~ Maybe when you pass your written letter to your parents?”
I think that perhaps the "Virgin Road" Ayu walked down was one that led to her thanking her mother since it was a road she hadn't yet walked down in some way.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:49 AM
Greatful days Initiate

My interpretation of this is that when she wrote the song back then, Ayu wrote the things she would like to say to her mother when she'll meet someone who's marriage material.

She said this too in another interview:
Quote:
50th single [L]‘s [Virgin Road] goes forward into the future, when I have become a full adult with my own family.
Thank you for the JELLY interview, it was very instructive!

Last edited by Linoa62; 10th March 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:50 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna62 View Post
Yeah that was a thank-you to her mother mostly, but it was about wedding too.
She was thanking her mother for taking good care of her, and telling her she found someone who will take care of her for the rest of her life.

And the song is called Virgin Road after all.

Anyway, I have to say that I'm eager to hear the songs right now, especially Return Road.
Yeah, and I remember something saying that it was her first wedding song. I might remeber wrong though. And yeah, I think it was called "Virgin Road" and the PV and performances were about wedding for a reason

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, party queen, team ayu, teamayu