ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [II] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2009, 08:11 AM
ayu trance Initiate

10x
Old 13th April 2009, 08:22 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Well I think indeed there will be some changes in the end of the tour, after the break with a-nation and such. Maybe a new single will pop up? Or just some changes with the setlist like she always does. I think the tour is awesome right now and I think it will continue to be awesome, even with changes. ^^

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:26 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilty_me View Post

I agree their not her best ballads, but I think it's pretty obvious why she's using them.

I think she's like experiencing some kind of unrequited love, and those lyrics are the best way to express what she's feeling:

For My Dear...

"Maybe I'm singing this song because
I can't say the words I want to say the most."

"Maybe I've come to like this person because
I can't hear the words I want to hear the most."

HOPE or PAIN

"Though I know very well
A miracle will never happen"

Days

"I've known for a long time that you have someone precious [...]
I expect nothing special from you
Can I stay loving you forever
Just like this?"

Curtain call

"Even now, I can't say well
The only word
That I want to say most"

I like it, because they kinda express the same feelings,and they're like connected.

Am i making sense XD?
When you put it that way, it does make a lot of sense!
Old 13th April 2009, 08:33 AM
YOU Initiate

disappointed... the outfits are from CDL... 2 or 3 new outfits.... out of all of them... i guess.... the budget for the concert got cut a lot
Old 13th April 2009, 08:59 AM
BALLAD Initiate

i just want some changes in her outfits...too much PCDL recycle stuff

My Instagram

Old 13th April 2009, 09:04 AM
Rule Protector

ayumixx posted a review... http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88758

This years finale with the flying chair seems a bit 'eh' compared to last years huge ship on stage, but overall it does seem like a really cool concert. That horrid wig is even growing on me. I love how they brought more emphasis on screens back too.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:05 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I don't even care about the costumes to be honest. I know my mom probably will, so I'm only going to show her one of concerts. I think I'll show her this one. PCDL is too long for a casual listener I think. She'll get tired and wonder when Ayu's going to change again hahaha.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:18 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:

I agree their not her best ballads, but I think it's pretty obvious why she's using them.

I think she's like experiencing some kind of unrequited love, and those lyrics are the best way to express what she's feeling:

For My Dear...

HOPE or PAIN

"Though I know very well

Days

Just like this?"

Curtain call

The only word
That I want to say most"

I like it, because they kinda express the same feelings,and they're like connected.

Am i making sense XD?

oh really? I didnt review those lyrics long long time
thanks for reminding
Old 13th April 2009, 09:30 AM
November Initiate

wow new thread already! These threads move so fast.

I don't get why Ayu doesn't understand that the purple glitter outfit with that wig is totally not done!

| Set by me |

I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Old 13th April 2009, 09:31 AM
Voyage Initiate

Smells very low budget to me. I guess they had to cut the budget for the concerts this year, it's a pity too, since it seemed like it had some good concepts.

☆★ ayudynasty | a.k.a. zanmato ★☆

Old 13th April 2009, 09:42 AM
walking proud Initiate

Ok, I had my bf (native japanese speaker) take a look at the With Ayu bbs and translate some things for me. I could tell they were arguing, but my level isn't good enough to understand the very specifics of it. Here is what he said is going on: After the show, several people were complaining (like here) that it was too much of the same again. Some feel that this show is only a prototype or alpha version and that the "real" show isn't going to come around until October. Many people are voicing their dissatisfaction saying why should they have to pay for something that isn't finished? A few people are saying 'just don't go to the show then' and what not. Then others saying that even though they are Team Ayu members (this is a hard core Ayu fan board in Japan), being a fan is not just supporting no matter what. Lots of back and forth and some very rude according to him. I've read a few good opinions of the show, but most have been pretty "blah" about it and don't have much desire to see it again.
Old 13th April 2009, 10:00 AM
SCAR Initiate

It would be sucky if this show was a "prototype" show, but I doubt it. The first show of any of her tours will always be the shakiest. It was probably more shaky than ever this time though - probably because of her hectic schedule and the release of NEXT LEVEL so close to the date.

It's not really an excuse when you have paying customers though. But unless it was absolutely terrible, I wouldn't feel cheated. I think we can't see it from these people's viewpoints because they probably go to an Ayu show every year, whereas her western fans wouldn't and would appreciate whatever she did more. Japanese fans would have higher expectations to match the previous concerts they went to.

And Hope or Pain is not a mediocre ballad, it's to me one of her best and really underappreciated, and most importantly, transfers to a live performance really well.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:04 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Ok, I had my bf (native japanese speaker) take a look at the With Ayu bbs and translate some things for me. I could tell they were arguing, but my level isn't good enough to understand the very specifics of it. Here is what he said is going on: After the show, several people were complaining (like here) that it was too much of the same again. Some feel that this show is only a prototype or alpha version and that the "real" show isn't going to come around until October. Many people are voicing their dissatisfaction saying why should they have to pay for something that isn't finished? A few people are saying 'just don't go to the show then' and what not. Then others saying that even though they are Team Ayu members (this is a hard core Ayu fan board in Japan), being a fan is not just supporting no matter what. Lots of back and forth and some very rude according to him. I've read a few good opinions of the show, but most have been pretty "blah" about it and don't have much desire to see it again.
Well I guess this is good in a way...honestly I really hope ayu knows about the complaining and hopefully change some things around and put more effort into her future tours like her previous tours. It makes me unhappy to read and write negative comments about this tour that I've been anticipating since pcdl...but this tour is a big letdown. ...the costumes are the biggest problem for me. Please please change all the costumes expect for the red cheerleader and the military one!!

Last edited by Ayumiko; 13th April 2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:53 AM
until that Day… Initiate

truehappiness, sorry my friend, but my friend went to the 12th April 2009, the 2nd day one, not 11th April 2009
thx for putting up my thread on the 1st page
Old 13th April 2009, 12:17 PM
July 1st Initiate

I do hope the show improves. It seems like there were many problems with the show like the audio running out at certain parts or the mike getting cut off. It does seem rather PCDL recycled, so they really need to improve I guess. The white floating chair thing (vs. the ship in AT08, metallic cross in AT07) isn't an improvement at all. Yup, please Ayu. It does seem like a very very rushed production. Many good ideas but they just fell short of good execution.
Old 13th April 2009, 01:12 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I like the stage? :?

I'm not loving the costumes ><

Old 13th April 2009, 02:57 PM
BEST Initiate

Eh. The tour has a few breaks - chances are they'll get updated when Ayu finally has the time to design what she really wants to do costume wise. She had very little time preperation wise due to the recent release of NEXT LEVEL, its not surprising she recycled costumes. She done it before on atleast two occasions.

Btw, I quite like the purple jacket and wig. That was my favourite costume (after MW) from PCDL. I just dont like those pants, and she's using them for about half the concert it seems!
Old 13th April 2009, 03:23 PM
still alone Initiate

maybe they will make a special final or something coz this tour is damn long
I can guarantee ayu will change some of the costumes along the way
Old 13th April 2009, 03:28 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:

For My Dear...

HOPE or PAIN

"Though I know very well

Days

Just like this?"

Curtain call

The only word
That I want to say most"

Am i making sense XD?
makes sense. quite cool.

I hope the tour steps up. I have wild imaginations for it and its certainly not like tat
Old 13th April 2009, 04:08 PM
Far away Initiate

she looks good...

Love ayu!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, concert, next level, tour