[2006] Ayu X Utaban - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 14th May 2006, 10:14 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilayu
It's only speculation that she was offended and therefore won't go on the show. Part of it may also be image control. Ayumi doesn't book her own guest appearances, someone else does.
That she doesn't book her guest apperances herself is probably true, but I belive she is deeply involved in her own image and has something to say about where she want to appear. We can only speculate about that matter aswell.
Old 15th May 2006, 02:27 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Utaban is hosted by comedian Takaaki Ishibashi and by SMAP member Nakai. Just like with Hey! Hey! Hey!, since there is a comedian hosting, it's expected that they would make fun of their guest. If you go on the show, you know it's going to happen.
It's only speculation that she was offended and therefore won't go on the show. Part of it may also be image control. Ayumi doesn't book her own guest appearances, someone else does. That person may not want her to go on Utaban for whatever reason. In a separate issue, Ayumi used to go on many more music shows in her past and now doesn't have as much variety in her appearances (probably because she doesn't need to as she is established as a top artist).
Yes, but UTABAN is one of the most popular shows along Heyx3 and Music Station, it's much more popular than some other shows she goes, so there should be an explanation for why she never goes to such a popular show. It has been 5 years since her last appearence...
Old 15th May 2006, 09:38 AM
Together When... H-Initiate

A lot of Japanese shows similiar to Utaban and Heyx3 are hosted by comedians...comedians seem really big in Japan for some reason o_O Anyway, their jokes are pretty blunt but I think for the most part what they say should affect the artists/guests that much.

I hadn't heard anything before about Ayu maybe being "offended" by the Utaban people. Who knows? Maybe like devilayu said, Ayu feels that she doesn't need to be on as many tv shows as in the past because many people in Japan already know about her.
Old 15th May 2006, 03:55 PM
devilayu

I mean, if you're going to ask this question, you may as well ask why she doesn't go on SMAP's show either or why she doesn't go on AX Music TV anymore. How come she only went on Musix one time? There's probably a number or reasons why she doesn't participate in certain shows that doesn't involve some sort of tabloid-ish reason.
Old 15th May 2006, 04:18 PM
Trauma Initiate

^ She did went to SMAPXSMAP both as a bistro guest and musical guest right? And is AX Music TV still alive? (I don't live in Japan so I have no idea...) I heard that Music Fighter is the new vesion of AX..and if so, she does appear on it.

I personally don't think the youtube video is why Ayumi does not appear on Utaban anymore..because that was a period before her blonde hair (evolution)-era performance of A Song for XX. Makes no sense that she still makes one last appearance after being offended for so loong.

And I think Ayu actually has a say in what programmes she wants to go on, since she's such a control freak...for a lack of better words.

And oh btw, does anyone know whether there was a talk part with the A Song For XX performance?

Last edited by Surreal; 15th May 2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 15th May 2006, 05:52 PM
from your letter Initiate

Maybe she simply doesn't tolerate the type of humor in Utaban... In Heyx3 she and those 2 guys look like good friends
Old 15th May 2006, 07:05 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal
^ She did went to SMAPXSMAP both as a bistro guest and musical guest right?
the last time that i remember seeing her on SMAP X SMAP was like at least 3 years ago, maybe even more.
Old 16th May 2006, 03:52 AM
devilayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal
^ She did went to SMAPXSMAP both as a bistro guest and musical guest right? And is AX Music TV still alive? (I don't live in Japan so I have no idea...) I heard that Music Fighter is the new vesion of AX..and if so, she does appear on it.
Yeah, she's been on Smap's talkshows only a couple of times in her career and hasn't been back since (nor has she appeared on any show that a Smap member has co-hosted, and there are a LOT of those shows).

Here is AX Music TV's website and here is Music Fighter's website. They are two different shows (but you may be right as I'm not sure if AX is still on the air)

Last edited by devilayu; 16th May 2006 at 04:00 AM.
Old 16th May 2006, 04:39 AM
walking proud Initiate

I'm really not sure what the Utaban deal is, because I find the Heyx3 hosts to be just as offensive sometimes. I think there is probabaly some additional reason why she doesn't appear on that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929
the last time that i remember seeing her on SMAP X SMAP was like at least 3 years ago, maybe even more.
Yeah, but the same could be said for Namie and several other artists. Usually the same artist does not appear on Smap's show often.

Quote:
Here is AX Music TV's website and here is Music Fighter's website. They are two different shows (but you may be right as I'm not sure if AX is still on the air)
AX is no longer on the air. What is very weird about the Utaban thing is that next to Music Station it is the most popular music related show. It airs in primetime, while the other shows she has been appearing on like Music Fighter and CDTV air after midnight. Utaban is obviously the show you are going to get better exposure on and there is no way that Avex wouldn't want her to do it.(all their other artists go on it) It's gotta be some personal reason that Ayu doesn't want to do it because from a business perspective it doesn't make sense.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 16th May 2006 at 04:45 AM.
Old 16th May 2006, 06:37 AM
BEST Initiate

Does music station air so late? O_O I love that show... it's heaps better than Hey!x3 even though I think it's more interesting... I like the host of music station more...
Old 16th May 2006, 09:27 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora
... I like the host of music station more...
lol the man with the black sunnies looks like a pervert, i think he wears the dark sunnies so people can't tell what he's looking at
Old 16th May 2006, 03:30 PM
immature Initiate

Music station is my favourtie japanese music shows.
Didnt Mariah Carey kinda get offended in Utaban because they were laughing all the time infront of her ~
Old 16th May 2006, 03:33 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qt Mashi
lol the man with the black sunnies looks like a pervert, i think he wears the dark sunnies so people can't tell what he's looking at
Maybe. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjasss
Didnt Mariah Carey kinda get offended in Utaban because they were laughing all the time infront of her ~
Wow, never knew such a thing happened.

|A|Y|U|M|I| |H|A|M|A|S|A|K|I|
My Anti-Drug

Set made by CK's Vending Machine! The thing works like magic! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingbird
Suddenly she's at a healthy weight and people are talking about her like she's a damn whale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist
i wan ayu's balls!

Old 16th May 2006, 03:54 PM
devilayu

^ I think as far as American acts go, there's the language barrier so it might be confusion rather than being offended (I saw that episode, too, and didn't think Mariah was annoyed. But she was very blank looking whenever they were saying something to her, the rest of the time she was being her diva self). I watched the Madonna episode of Smap Bistro and while it's easy to say, "She looked annoyed at them" I think she just didn't like not understanding everything that was being said. But I think she wasn't so happy when Shingo dressed up as her and she made that clear. It's strange, most people accuse the American acts of being offensive because they don't understand the humor.
Old 26th May 2006, 01:44 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
I mean, if you're going to ask this question, you may as well ask why she doesn't go on SMAP's show either or why she doesn't go on AX Music TV anymore. How come she only went on Musix one time? There's probably a number or reasons why she doesn't participate in certain shows that doesn't involve some sort of tabloid-ish reason.
- Musix: Not a popular show at all. The ratings are very bad.
- AX Music TV: Cancelled.
- SMAP X SMAP: The guests don't go there everytime they release a single, they just go there once in awhile. She went to their special last year. Like, most of the shows Ayu go, are music shows. SMAP X SMAP isn't a music show, it's a variety show, where guests are just a small part of it and, unlike the music shows, the record company doesn't ask for them to go, they are invited.

She goes to every music show that matters beside Utaban, so I think there's a reason why she never goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
AX is no longer on the air. What is very weird about the Utaban thing is that next to Music Station it is the most popular music related show. It airs in primetime, while the other shows she has been appearing on like Music Fighter and CDTV air after midnight. Utaban is obviously the show you are going to get better exposure on and there is no way that Avex wouldn't want her to do it.(all their other artists go on it) It's gotta be some personal reason that Ayu doesn't want to do it because from a business perspective it doesn't make sense.
Exactly.

Last edited by andre2907; 26th May 2006 at 01:48 AM.
Old 27th May 2006, 04:14 PM
momentum Protector

I must admit, Heyx3 and Utaban hosts can be quite rude sometimes. But does anyone have the talk part of her 2001 Utaban appearance?

soysaucestar

Old 17th January 2009, 10:58 AM
Initiate

yup, i just noticed that these 2 shows hav the mean humor. in every episode, they make fun of someone. usually its funny, but sometimes, its kinda mean.

~YouTube&twitter&Blog&Funny ScreencapsI+II+III~
::tumblr::

Old 17th January 2009, 11:21 AM
Fly high Protector

This is a really old thread that has been bumped. However, now that it has then I could go ahead and answer one of the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoko View Post
But does anyone have the talk part of her 2001 Utaban appearance?
This episode only includes the A Song for ×× performance. No talk part.