『A 3D ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2009 ~NEXT LEVEL~』3D Blu-ray! - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 3rd March 2011, 01:41 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
I'm speculating they can't fit everything because while a dual-layer Blu-ray disv can carry 50 gigabytes of data, 3D video consumes A LOT Of data I think, so if they went for the full concert, they would need TWO, not one, which would bump up the prices...
Man, that is crazy!
Old 3rd March 2011, 01:49 PM
Over Initiate

i will not buy it...

thanks ownsarai

Old 3rd March 2011, 01:57 PM
Initiate

My rich as friend has a 3D TV. If my boyfriend buys it we are totally going to out friends house!!
Old 3rd March 2011, 02:02 PM
ourselves Initiate

This is incredibly cool. Is Ayu the first artist to release a 3D Blu-ray?

My travel blog
Old 3rd March 2011, 02:25 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HilaryDuffFanboy View Post
My rich as friend has a 3D TV. If my boyfriend buys it we are totally going to out friends house!!
3d tv??? PLEASEEE... those were SOOO last year... lol the 4d tvs are the ones to have
Old 3rd March 2011, 02:48 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

It's been cut down to 80 minutes, there is no way it was cut down because it would not fit on a disc. It's because it is the theatrical version of the concert which was cut down for the theatre, not due to space restraints.

Alice in Wonderland is 108 minutes on the 3D BluRay and is on one disc.
Old 3rd March 2011, 02:54 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaniel View Post
It's been cut down to 80 minutes, there is no way it was cut down because it would not fit on a disc. It's because it is the theatrical version of the concert which was cut down for the theatre, not due to space restraints.

Okay.... so it sucks even more then.. MAN! why would they do that?!?
Old 3rd March 2011, 03:08 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

I almost died when I got the TA mail about this, but then I died again when I realized i would have to have a 3D TV to see it.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 3rd March 2011, 03:22 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaniel View Post

Alice in Wonderland has been edited to 3D instead of being true 3D, because the different streams were more similar less disc space had to be used than the same lenght true 3D(like this tour) would need.
However the full concert probably would have fit one bluray, maybe without encore, but it would have fit.
Old 3rd March 2011, 03:57 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, this is "A 3D AT09" and not just AT09, so it's understandable that they're releasing it like this. Perhaps they found no reason to release a Blu-ray of AT09's complete footage?

As opposed to AT10, which was MADE FOR BLU-RAY.
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:01 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I heard (I may have heard wrong..) that they used footage from other concert dates in the 3D live version shown in theaters. is it possible this also has those performances from those other dates too? or should it be exactly the same as the DVD performances we already saw?
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:37 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

You actually remembered correctly.

From tokyoxjapanxfan:
Quote:
"A 3D" Report

Included Setlist:

01. Pieces of SEVEN
02. Rule
03. Sunrise~LOVE is ALL~
04. identity
05. In The Corner
06. HOPE or PAIN
07. GREEN
08. evolution
09. SIGNAL
10. rollin'
11. Sparkle
12. NEXT LEVEL
13. Humming 7/4
14. Boys & Girls
15. MY ALL
~~"Arigatou Gozaimashita!"

*Also, this live is NOT the same as the DVD. The footage is (assumingly) taken from the last stops at Yoyogi stadium during June, not October. And whenever I say "normal" or something, keep in mind Ayu and the audience, as well as her dancers and band are pretty much always in 3D. I'm just referring to added in effects that appear on the screen.

The movie started out with a star that flew around the screen with "pixie dust" around it while it revealed the the "A 3D" title.

Pieces of SEVEN came on and at that point, the 3D effect really hits you. The live audience looks like they're right in front of you. Then the camera switches in between the audience, the band, the screen and the green laser lights. The camera angles from now on are completely different than the DVD. We get a much closer look at everything.

For Rule we actually go onto the center stage. We're right in the action with Ayu and her dancers. It's really, really cool how close we are to them! Towards the end of the performance, the dragon from the screen appears 3D and goes in between the screen at the concert and the 3D movie screen. (For example, when the head is out of shot on the concert screen, it appears on the 3D movie screen.) Also, it has "blasts" of dragon scales at points.

Next it cut to Sunrise 〜LOVE is ALL〜 to my surprise. There was nothing really added to this, aside from the fact that Ayu and her dancers were 3D and alternative angles.

The same goes for identity. As the live is different footage, it adds to the experience though. It's not like re-watching the DVD or anything like that. Ayu and Shuya were in 3D and we got to see it really close.

When In The Corner started it was really neat how the did it. Ayu kind of rose from the floor "in front of us" haha. So, it was an unexpected entrance, as she sort of appeared from below the screen. This was still when Ayu was only using the light sticks as opposed to the balls for the DVD version. The lights looked really cool in 3D! They had a sort of glowing, soft effects on them. But aside from that there weren't any other additions.

HOPE or PAIN was next. 3D snow started falling first. Ayu looked great in this, but I think it was still using the first costume (before it changed)--but I'm not positive about that...

For GREEN the part when the dancers appear surrounded by the green, silk like fabric on the center stage was really pretty. There were a lot of dimensions in this. We saw Maro really close, and Ayu was far away, so it was a cool way of seeing it.

Both evolution and SIGNAL were pretty average. Of course it sounded great and I still love the costume for these two performances, but again, no additions really.

From rollin' onward is where it got really interesting. The added effects were amazing. (And also, there were no mistakes in these performances like the DVD--I was looking forward to those, but alas, they weren't there haha.) There were various computer-like effects and sound waves appearing in 3D. Also, the earth/globe appeared in 3D as well.

Sparkle also had great effects. More computer-like images and sound waves, but just more intense. There were also like plasma/virus balls throughout the whole performance. During the "No No No" parts, the words appeared in 3D as well, kind of bouncing in and out.

For NEXT LEVEL it was pretty normal--but it was still really pretty. The confetti at the end was cool because it kind of flew by haha. The smoke was 3D at times too, if I remember correctly.

After this, the star from the beginning appeared on a black screen and it had the dancers and band members names appear--kind of like credits.

Then we could hear cheering again and a dim "Ayu a-a-a-ayu..." which quickly turned into Humming 7/4. For all the encore songs, which included Boys & Girls and MY ALL they were normal. Just different angles and the performance was of course different. But seeing Ayu cry so close was touching. (2-YAN was even crying!)

After this the screen went to full credits with the instrumental of Who... in the background. In the background it was various behind the scenes pictures of Ayu and the text was in 3D.

Then once again it returned to the concert for Ayu's last message to her fans. She yelled out "Arigatou Gozaimashita!" and the concert, as well as the movie, ended.

So all in all the 3D movie was really great and it was nice to re-watch the NXT LEVEL Tour in that manner.

Personally I thought there would be more added in effects. (I liked the added in effects, but maybe there are some people who don't...) The movie theater audience was really mellow as well. Even though tons of people brought their NEXT LEVEL lights with them, including myself, no one used them haha. The theater also wasn't very crowded. But I went during a time when a lot of people would still be working, so that could explain it.

But that ends my report. If there are any specific questions don't be afraid to ask. And if my report isn't in depth, sorry.

Thanks for reading! It was 1,900 Yen well spent!
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=136

Apparently it was filmed at five different shows? [possibly all Yoyogi shows]

EDIT: From Tokyograph. It was six Yoyogi shows.

Quote:
Six of the shows, held at three different venues including the Yoyogi National Gymnasium, were filmed for this project. Filming started in July 2009, which actually makes it the first 3-D recording of a Japanese music artist. It is said that there were only eight 3-D cameras in all of Japan at that time, but her staff spent 200 million yen on five new cameras for the project. Over the six concerts, a total of 22 cameras were used.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd March 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:27 PM

oh god, reading that review of it makes me want to see it so much!!!! i never knew they added all that extra stuff in. i always assumed it was pretty much just the DVD version in 3D.

『Last minute』

Old 3rd March 2011, 09:47 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ thats what i thought too! but they are are different performances then this DVD might be worth it... although it still not a complete set list..
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
^ thats what i thought too! but they are are different performances then this DVD might be worth it... although it still not a complete set list..
Plus the different effects like the dragon flying around and stuff.

OMG, it sounds cool.

『Last minute』

Old 4th March 2011, 12:26 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

OMG OMG. i'm dreamin!!!!!!!!!!!! *-----------------*

but..... i dont even got a 3D TV :/
Old 4th March 2011, 12:33 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ if i maxed out my BestBuy card I could get one...
Old 4th March 2011, 04:23 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

My reactions
1. OMG!! AT09 in 3D *dies*
2. WTF! It isn't the full setlist >
3. If she didn't forget rollin' in here it worth
Old 4th March 2011, 05:16 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

that's cool that we get different footage then! I was disappointed in her vocals in some of the songs on the normal DVD but maybe some of these performances will be better.
oh but should it look totally weird to people who don't have a 3D tv then? like when you temporarily take your 3d glasses off in theaters?
Old 4th March 2011, 05:26 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ nope, I think we have established that if looks fine on a regular TV

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, arena tour 2009, blu-ray, next level, team ayu, teamayu