What happens to Utada then? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 12th July 2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

What happens to Utada then?

Well, since Utada's music will be released in the US, does that mean we can no longer share her stuff here?

I found this at U-O..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroJapan
So something weird is going on...

First, we have the iTunes release of ULTRA BLUE, and now it looks like physical copies will be sold in North America?

ShopEMI.com - ULTRA BLUE
UPC: 09463 67121 2 3
Expected Release Date: July 11, 2006
Label: Toshiba-EMI/Japan
Genre: Pop
Subgenre: Japan
Format: CD

Quote:
"Ultra Blue" is the brand new release from Utada Hikaru and marks the first domestic release in Canada for this Asian sensation. Virtually unknown in North America's music scene, "Hikki" as she is affectionately known by her fans, is one of Asia's biggest Pop superstars and her first studio outing in 1999 "First Love" sold more than 9.5 million copies, making it the biggest selling debut album ever released in Japan! All of the songs on 'Ultra Blue', Utada Hikaru's sixth studio recording have been written and arranged by Utada Hikaru further demonstrating her growth as an artist.
ShopEMI.com - Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION VOL. 1
UPC: 72435 78114 2 2
Expected Release Date: July 11, 2006
Label: Toshiba-EMI/Japan
Genre: Pop
Subgenre: Japan
Format: CD

Quote:
A definitive look back at her career so far, 'Utada Hikaru Single Collection Vol.1' signals the end of 'phase one' for the best-selling female singer in Japan. The set includes her fifteen hit singles to date, all remastered by Ted Jensen (Santana, Fiona Apple). All the songs illustrate her progress as an artist & songwriter during the first five-years of her career and this is a must-have for every Japanese pop fan!

This release offers you the ultimate musical library of her beloved hits promising you extended hours of top J-pop all around the clock! The star 's cream of the crop tunes like "For You", "Automatic" & "Can You Keep A Secret" plus many other essential smashs are all lined up for you on this dream collection!
And also, THIS Nashville article mentions that:

Quote:
Other prime releases this week include Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (Soundtrack) (Disney), Rise Against’s The Sufferer and the Witness (Geffen), Alice Peacock’s Who I Am (UMVD), Hikari Utada’s Single Collection 1 (EMI Int’l), Glen Campbell’s Classic Campbell (EMI Gold), The Divine Comedy’s Victory for the Comic Muse (EMI Int’l), The Hi-Lo’s Musical Thrill (Jasmine), Michel Camilo’s Spain Again (UMVD), Best Of Miami Vice (Hip-O) and Trace Adkins’ Honky Tonk Badonkadonk (import) (EMI Int’l).
And Amazon.com lists the SINGLE COLLECTION VOL 1 release date as July 4th, 2006...

....interesting......
Old 12th July 2006, 11:54 AM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Tatsujin
Well, since Utada's music will be released in the US, does that mean we can no longer share her stuff here?

I found this at U-O..
If the song was released in the USA it cannot be posted at AHS.

Before you make a download thread make sure the song is not listed in this topic: American releases by Japanese singers
Old 12th July 2006, 11:56 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

if she does this, i think i would go and buy a second copy.

but i guess that if they do end up releasing her albums in the US then those albums won't be available for download here, as they would be illegal. Just like Laruku and Tofu Records i guess.

sorry was writing when skal posted...

alright i'm going to sleep...

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 12th July 2006, 11:57 AM
Banned

^ I know, but ULTRA BLUE and Singles Collection will be added to the list then?

Yep they were released on July 11, and many U-O members have bought the CD in their own local stores.
Old 12th July 2006, 02:24 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

that interesting...i didn't expect her to release japanese material oversease.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 12th July 2006, 07:03 PM
I am... Initiate

YES!! i knew if i waited, it would come out here. thats why i never bought Ultra Blue....and now the Singles Collection! this is great!
Old 12th July 2006, 10:47 PM
Startin' Protector

Wow, really? That makes sense, considering I just bought ULTRA BLUE online. Ugh. I'll go find the Single Collection then I guess.
Old 12th July 2006, 10:56 PM
I am... Initiate

I'll most probably get "SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.1" soon. I already received my copy of "ULTRA BLUE" from YesAsia today
Old 13th July 2006, 03:13 AM
Risky Lotus

JAPANESE MUSIC IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!!11

I will definately buy her music if it's released over here. The Japan/China versions are so damn expensive. (That is, if the American printing is just as good.) I'm really exited, but I hope we'll still be able to share her music here. (Or atleast the non-american releases. American released music is extremely easy to find elsewhere on the internet.)
Edit: wow, towerrecords' prices have really dropped.

Last edited by Risky Lotus; 13th July 2006 at 03:25 AM.
Old 13th July 2006, 03:15 AM
Voyage Initiate

That would be awesome if her albums where to be sold in North America!!! I would definetly buy both the albums!

モーニング娘。の34thシングル

「女に 幸あれ」

CD CD+PB CD+DVD SingleV

Old 13th July 2006, 03:36 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I found "Ultra Blue", The "Single Collection vol.1", "COLORS" and maybe a few more on HMV's amazon Canadian/US site.
So I guess, you can find Utada in HMV.
Yet, here, I couldn't find Dir en Grey in stores (US release) until they told me you can order them and I havent heard of it yet. (2 weeks already, but it was cheap and Im happy about it..)

If I do see any of Utada's CDs in HMV (2 different stores) I'll let you know
Old 13th July 2006, 04:23 AM
Naturally Initiate

Oh i hope its not stocked solely in states near the shoreline, i want to see Hikki's ULTRA BLUE in the Walmart in Joliet, IL lol. That would be SO freaking awesome. I would make my boyfriend buy a copy too.
Old 13th July 2006, 04:34 AM
I am... Initiate

odds are, its only near the shores. it took me forever to find Exodus. it had to be specially ordered. but now walmart in this little craphole had one copy of it. so maybe theres hope.
Old 13th July 2006, 05:21 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Lotus
JAPANESE MUSIC IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!!11

I will definately buy her music if it's released over here. The Japan/China versions are so damn expensive. (That is, if the American printing is just as good.) I'm really exited, but I hope we'll still be able to share her music here. (Or atleast the non-american releases. American released music is extremely easy to find elsewhere on the internet.)
Edit: wow, towerrecords' prices have really dropped.
Talk about overreaction oo;

ありがとう^destiny_ayu^あなたはすごいだから。。。 僕は元気です!

Well thought opinion is much better than nonsense words.
So I am try my best to make my posts of quality.

(I'm sorry for my not good English~ if I hurt feelings I don't mean to.)

Old 13th July 2006, 05:38 AM

I still want a valid reason as to why they would decide to release her albums in North America, risking the chances of a language barrier to the American/Canadian Audiences.
Old 13th July 2006, 05:45 AM
Risky Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada
Talk about overreaction oo;
Ehh? I am one who has been a fan of asian music for many years. Seeing the day that I will finally be able to walk into a store like a normal person and buy my favorite music is a big thing for me.
Old 13th July 2006, 06:03 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Ehh? I am one who has been a fan of asian music for many years. Seeing the day that I will finally be able to walk into a store like a normal person and buy my favorite music is a big thing for me.
Me too.

モーニング娘。の34thシングル

「女に 幸あれ」

CD CD+PB CD+DVD SingleV

Old 13th July 2006, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol xD I dunno how it's like. I've been having it for years... I think for me it'd be like walking into a store FULL of UK music and CD singles. *_* That'd be the best feeling ever. Shelves and shelves of singles and albums, all in english. *dreams*
Old 13th July 2006, 04:30 PM
monochrome Initiate

well #1 you should look at all the spanish music out, it's crazy!!!

anyways, I went to wal-mart the other day and I saw not only Utada's Exodus, but also her Ultra Blue *Eyes exploded* so I decided to buy it (Even though I already had the japanese version) in hope that it will boost up her sales ^_^'
Old 14th July 2006, 03:02 AM
I am... Initiate

^ wow cool. im going tomorrow to see if i can find a copy