{Memorial address}interview [beatfreak vol. 192] - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 13th January 2004, 11:53 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Smile {Memorial address}interview [beatfreak vol. 192]

http://www.avexnet.or.jp/beatfreak/1...ists/ayu.html;)
Old 13th January 2004, 11:58 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Unhappy sorry....wrong URL

http://www.avexnet.or.jp/beatfreak/192/artists/ayu.html
Old 14th January 2004, 12:02 AM
Banned

Thanks for the link ! And welcome to the forum !

While I'm not entirely sure what it says in the page, I did try and put it thru an auto-translator and got this:

01 "ANGEL'S SONG" composition / Tetsuya Yukumi Hideaki arrangement / HlambdaL PV director / Sunaga The melody has run through "ANGEL'S SONG." Mr. HlambdaL who the state where it came from a composer's Yukumi was a lock taste more, and asked you for the arrangement although it was sad touch is HlambdaL paragraph full open [ Abv / as hard as possible ] about it! It is made a arrangement -- Music which came out, and it came with GUTSU and was able to do it in me. I asked PV of Director Sunaga who had "Greatful days" photographed. a gap with the image currently visualized when the contents were heard for the first time, although I who disguised myself as wolf considered the battle as the gang -- SUGOKU -- honest -- it was surprised just for a moment (bitter smile) 02 "Greatful Days" Composition / BOUNCEBACK Hideaki Arrangement / HlambdaL PV Director / Sunaga Kana of ݂Č Which the Contents of are Very Simple and is not Asserted Too Much. SUGOKU -- being easy -- although -- or [ that there is an opinion very in fact ] -- He wanted saying so and it built. a melody -- " -- do even this? " -- as positive touch as but MECHAKUCHA -- since it is bright -- or [ what / that I may carry out a face and may sing ] -- not understanding (bitter smile) . Seemingly, it was always laughing at the time of recording. That it is the theme of PV is "bad laver which grows just because it is open summer." If "ourselves" is a nightmare, it is pleasant touch kana here. 03 "Because of You" composition / BOUNCEBACK Arrangement / HlambdaL PV director / Tange h The friend met a certain man and became a SUGOKU lover. But there is nothing, and it falls and is [ a skillful stake or ] . me -- " -- if it does not meet, I think that it was good -- if ?" is heard -- the friend -- " -- it can meet -- the good thing which was able to be met by carrying out -- for oneself -- SUGOKU -- delightful " -- -- bright good looks -- answering -- It remained strongly in me and this "Because of You" was born from there. It is the idea as which I proposed this to Director Tange although the dancers who are turning around tour to PV always together were appearing. Since the power of expression was seen and SUGOKU impression was carried out, when "museum" was done. I thought that he understood perfectly for what purpose are the dancers who are in a set seen, and does it say that air is manipulated, or he is standing there on the day. " -- how do you do was the picture and air which can never be taken out with comrades" there -- I carry out and think that it has appeared also in the image

04 "ourselves" composition / BOUNCEBACK Arrangement / CMJK PV director / Tange h Music with cool and sufficient SUGOKU . That it is not only happy has sung the life itself rather than love. The sadness which does not finish in fact although there is itself who is filled to the extent that it passes enough is also a _Ă umbrella. I wanted to write such touch. The uncanny anti fans who tear the poster of a novel makeup and novel clothes, the scholar who invested the body in the crazy world, and me about PV And the mask of the same face as me whom they were wearing and the Tange world full open! It is the work of touch. 05 "HANABI-episode II-" composition / CREA+D-A-I Arrangement / tasuku PV director / OC ł which has finished it as the - which "HANABI" included in " released in the summer of last year" also obtains , and the method of comrades does not have, either. Although SUGOKU is good at it as for it, think that it wants to make it finish perfectly but. PV is the work (a photograph is taken in Kujuukurihama) which carried out the only location in seven have recorded on DVD. A photograph was taken in the schedule of a part unit, caring about the weather from early morning to sunset. The cloudy sky of a background, the sea which got dim in the gray, the rain which slides down glass, the tear rolling down, the guitar which plays a lonely sometimes intense tone. And the fireworks which break up transitorily -- I think that all that come out to PV are carrying out expression sad somewhere so that the end of summer may be marked completely. 06 "No way to say" composition / BOUNCEBACK Arrangement / HlambdaL PV director / Kamimura E Skillful _ cannot be carried out although he wants to explain. The more it talks, the more the wall is made, or language carries out JAMA rather. me -- HONTO b -- things and explaining are weak -- there was a time of feeling so It came out, and when it was told to people, there were "? which is not what so wholly" ČĂ_ꂽ people. The language having become a cause and having been born is this music. I asked PV of Director Kamimura who photographed "Real me." When it stood on the street corner, and Santa Claus who distributes tissue to those who go back and forth gives me the tissue of the color different from everybody and meets me again, there is a scene which hands the present wrapped in red wrapping. since this thought the present world and the direction of personal delivery thought as good mail and the present which put the thought by the too important person although it became convenient, and it came out and business and the feeling were conveyed in many cases with it being absolute, the scene of such image was incorporated 07 "forgiveness" composition / BOUNCEBACK Arrangement / HlambdaL PV director / tail hill Ǎ The thing also more common to [ person / who grew old but, without taking up and down one's ڐ to MURI ] younger children also in the age like itself will be what. It thought. When (ing), it arrived at "love." [ from a baby, my / my or my ΂_ / think that any generations' man has "love" ]. A title is to "forgiveness" from "touch currently prayed" and images [ feel and ] of which "confession is done, such as "and "solemn touch." Although there is a meaning "is allowed" in Japanese of "being generous", I think it closer to this work "it is generous." PV -- CG -- using it abundantly -- Ă -- under photography -- Director tail Koyama -- " -- OO is here -- considering --" and the portion which must be performed while saying or imagining personally -- many -- it -- SUGOKU -- it was difficult 08 "Memorial address" composition / Tetsuya Yukumi Arrangement/tasuku This music that is title music and is also a bonus track is music recorded in all the only band sessions in eight music recorded on CD. Although recorded by going into studio by only me also as a basis, it was recording, and while everybody of a band or a chorus was in the surroundings and sound was asked to one person, I wished to sing. The guitar of YOTCHAN, Mr. Henry's base, Shingo's piano. The man and sound to support regarded me as making it quiet, and I thought that it was required. "Memorial address." "teddy bear" (it records on "DUTY") which it was existence special in me, and was in me while building this music -- important monochrome

----------------

Quite a bit to read, but it's worth it ! And the top image is also great! Thanks again !
Old 14th January 2004, 01:18 AM
Initiate

thanks
Old 14th January 2004, 01:19 AM
P.S II Initiate

whoa is it just me or is that a new photo for memorial address?!?! never seen it before
Old 14th January 2004, 01:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by silentscreamer
whoa is it just me or is that a new photo for memorial address?!?! never seen it before
Me neither! That's an awesome pic! IMO, they should've used that as the cover!
Old 14th January 2004, 01:30 AM
GAME Initiate

hmmm... interesting interview...
Old 14th January 2004, 01:32 AM
Banned

On 2nd thought, I should've auto-translated the interview on top as well. It's as follows:

First looking back at this 1 year, it can make thought tell? It was as usual busy 1 year, it is it is not? From March to 5 ends of the month CnEX tour "TA LIVE" of first fan club member limitation. In July 4 tune entering maxi single "". In August 30th single "forgiveness". And, from October C "museum" where commemorates 30th single sale. Selling "No way to say" in November, mini- album ' Memorial address ' release it puts out to this December.
Hamazaki walking(belowaand abbreviation):The it is. So, as for '03 year you think that it was the XSN calling flow truly. In various thing with challenge causing. As for C "museum" which fall was done even among them being large in me.... Because there was this, "No way to say" was born you think that and, mini- album ' Memorial address ' is the birth red sandal wood.

"Museum" uses the whole meeting place, moves plural stages instantaneously, 50 meter strongly veil the mark is to wear pure white EGfBOhX, the it is with they were XSC contents, don't you think?. All the 22 tunes! Performance time 2 hour half! ! However you were surprised rather.
Aon't you think? so is. Trying doing "museum", again, you supporting by your the band member and the dancer it is splendid, you re-could recognize. It is difficult to convey well, but it is you obtained by the fact that this C is finished mono XSN it is many thinking that and, you measured and you received the influence of the extent which cannot be known, the . This C = of that extent "museum" was large for by your.

Latest ' Memorial address ' only CD (the \2,100) with CD + DVD (the \3,465) being 2 types, promotion video of all the 7 tunes which exclude "Memorial address" of the bonus track/truck (PV) with the digest image "of museum" entering in DVD, the it is, don't you think?.
A:The it is. If it has looking at DVD, you think that the atmosphere "of museum" is transmitted.

Nevertheless, CD + DVD is luxurious 2 groups, don't you think?. The details which set DVD which recorded the image of PV and C are made to teach?
A:From the beginning in this year starting having interest in image, it reaching the point where you look at the work of various image supervision positively. With that, this year the first release work "" with new supervision and the unique 3 works ("Greatful days", "ourselves", "HANABI - episode II -") it made. From the producer who looked at the 3 works "CD + DVD the mini- album release will be done," that story coming is start. So, receiving the story, that you will record the digest image of 7 these PV + "museum" which it photographed in the shape = '03 year which reflects me who feel charm and the possibility this year image having in DVD.

That in charm of image n}b it is it became the work which express by your.
A:As for this setting the waist by all means thoroughly, we would like to have seeing! Feeling what, ayu which is moving. You think that when that even with 1 it can have seeing in many people, and, information and the eye and the ear which are obtained with just the ear being both, because the mono bee which you obtain probably will be boiled.

Consequently you make teach concerning the theme of the jacket?
A:As for theme of the jacket "the strength which is concealed inside" and "the thinking which is concealed inside". When we would like to express that and others "you laugh the photograph of the jacket and in, also the entire color being able to meet all non expressions where is not, cry and are not from my perspective", it designated as the gold which excessively does not insist existence.

However the doll which wears the clothes of the green with the photograph which is in it is and there is a photograph, that is such feeling, don't you think?. There being a heart in the doll, beginning to appeal, it seems the way....
A:So. Just such feeling.

You make teach a little concerning the contents of the mini- album? It is constitution of 3 tunes which this time you wrote on single 5 tunes and lowered don't you think?. As for the number of tunes that from first it probably will go with 8 tunes?
A:The it is. It seems the latest way, because the form, mini- album was unprecedented first some tune is good? You thought. So, it decided finally in 8 tunes, but it is you think that by the fact that new 3 tunes plus are done in single 5 tunes, from the thinking which is included in the 5 tunes reached the point where it is transmitted.

The pop melody "ANGEL'S SONG" of feature, ardently sang the love which is not, "Because of You", that and you recorded with the raw band 3 tunes "of Memorial address". It is the tune where every one is good don't you think?. When by the way, "Memorial address" of the bonus track/truck was decided in title of the mini- album, but it is to have teaching the reason which does not publish the lyric different from other 7 tunes, it is
A:When thinking "yourself of mini- album = this year", it had become my base, as for mono, that this "Memorial address" being. Therefore as for title you thought that R is good. So, in regard to this tune it is not and the , first, would like to have hearing the intention of explaining various types by your. If you hear properly, I thinking what, because you think that you know whether you wrote this tune. For the lyric not to be placed, because rather than making letter rather than (looking, we wanted also, feeling), when it does not have information hearing what first with the ear, and.

INTERVIEW: Kazuki Okabe
Old 14th January 2004, 01:41 AM
End roll Initiate

Very intersting and good. I will translate later, if I'm not beat to it by someone else. But now, homework. ^^
And I could walk that way...
Old 14th January 2004, 02:10 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

That was kind of difficult to understand. Thank you for sharing.
That picture of her is very pretty, it kind of reminds me of that Arena 2002 one with her super long nails.
Old 14th January 2004, 02:18 AM
Initiate

wow... that pics looks nice.... i would had love that to be my (MA) cover pic
Old 14th January 2004, 02:23 AM
from your letter Initiate

Thanks!

Btw, did you see her nails? Stars! *_*
Old 14th January 2004, 03:10 AM
Far away Initiate

nice new pic. However the translation is hard to understand -_-

Migi te wo tsunaide

Old 14th January 2004, 03:19 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

very interesting, however, hard to read... can't wait for a better translation
Old 14th January 2004, 03:51 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Hmmm....interesting...it was a little hard to understand, but thanks!

That picture is nice! When it loaded I had to blink my eyes cuz I thought is was BoA for a second. (Sorry if this offfends anyone).

Nice nails and I love the stars!

Something is not right here...
Old 14th January 2004, 04:37 AM
End roll Initiate

beat freak ON LINE

translation by tsubasa aka hanabiwings

First off, taking a look back on the year, can you let us hear some of your thoughts and impressions? From March to the very end of May was your very first fanclub members-only live house tour [T/\ LIVE]. In July, four new songs were included on your new maxi-single [&]. Then, in August was your 30th single [forgiveness]. From October on, there was [/\ MUSEUM], commemorating the sale of 30 singles. In November, [No way to say] went on sale and now in December, you released your mini album [Memorial Address] and so on...

Hamasaki Ayumi (from here, abbreviated as a): Uh-huh. But really, I think that 2003 was a fantastically good year. I was able to challenge many things, I believe. Among those things, the [A MUSEUM] live tour that I did was a very big thing for me... It was because I experienced this that [No way to say] came to life and the mini-album [Memorial Album] was born, I think.

With [A MUSEUM] being held completely in concert halls, using multiple stages with instantaneous transitions from one to another, you wearing a 50 meter vail and pure white wedding dress, it was an AMAZING event. 22 songs in all! The public performance time was a full 2 and a half hours!! All in all it was really surprising...

a: It may be so, eh? I wanted to try to do [A MUSEUM] and once again, I was given support by the band members and dancers and saw their magificence in a new light. It is difficult to skillfully communicate it, but I gained so much by the end, I think. It's had an immeasurable influence on me, I think. That's the way I think of this live that's been such a big thing for me.

This time, with [Memorial Address], there are a CD-only (2100) and CD+DVD (3465), two types; excluding the bonus track [Memorial Address], all seven songs and [A MUSEUM]'s digest-view are included, right?

a: Uh-huh. By giving people the chance to view the DVD, it is possible to communicate the atmosphere of [A MUSEUM], I think.

Even while doing that, CD+DVD combination is a really extravagent unit, isn't it. Can you give us some details about how the images from the PVs and lives recorded onto the DVD went about?

a: From the beginning of this year, I began to gather some imagery that interested me. I examined the products of many video directors for the purpose of inspecting their style. From there, with the release of [&], I released 3 works, [ourselves], [Greatful Days], [HANABI~episode II~], with these directors that showed individuality. The producers viewed these 3 works and talk such as, "Let's release a CD+DVD mini-album" began. Taking into account that talk, this DVD was influenced by the splendor and idea of limitless possibilities I felt this year. I felt that we should collect the PVs of 2003 and the [A MUSEUM] digest-view.

It became a creation that expresses a part of your personality that was deeply into the splendor of imagery, huh?

a: This is my attempt to show people something exposed about myself! The feelings of ayu as changes occur. I feel that these feelings of one person can be shown to many people. I think having peoples' ear and communicating a message and having the chance to communicate to both eyes and ears are different things, so...

Continuing, what are your thoughts regarding the theme of the jacket?

a: The jacket's theme is "The strength I hid inside" and "The emotions I hid inside." I wanted to express that, so the jacket and inside pictures were, "Not laughing and at the same time, not crying--a totally expressionless me" and also, we did things in a gold that didn't emphasize reality, though the photography was in color.

Inside, there is one picture of a doll-like figure in a green outfit and that, too, supported the feeling. Inside of a doll, there is a heart that is able to appeal to people...

a: Sure. There's surely that feeling.

Concerning the mini-album's contents, do you have recollections? There were five singles and three new compositions. Was that song count meant to be eight from the very first?

a: Err, well... This was the first time for me to use the mini-album format, so my thoughts were more toward, "How many songs would be good?" In the end, we decided on eight, but when adding three songs to the five singles, I think it was a matter of communication.

The pop-melody characteristic of [ANGEL'S SONG], the painful awakening of one's love sung about in [Because of you], and in addition, [Memorial Address], recorded by a live band, those three songs. All of them are good songs, huh? By the way, the bonus track [Memorial Address], for which the album is named, is different from the other seven songs: the lyrics were not included. There was a thought behind it, wasn't there?

a: When I decided, "The mini-album=This year's self," the thing that became my base was this [Memorial Address.] So for a title, I thought, this would be a good one. However, in regard to this song, I hadn't planned to explain much but first let people listen. By listening completely, I think that what I was thinking when I wrote this will be understood. Even without publishing the lyrics, more than writing them down (and more than seeing them), without being told anything, I want people to listen. And to feel.

Last edited by hanabiwings; 14th January 2004 at 07:21 AM.
Old 14th January 2004, 04:47 AM
Voyage Initiate

that alternate photo shot is nice....it looked similar to some photos of ayu...so familiar..but i can't remember
Old 14th January 2004, 07:28 AM
End roll Initiate

I finished the translation (see above). Maybe later, I will do the self-linear notes she included.
Old 14th January 2004, 08:11 AM
P.S II Initiate

thanks a TON for the translation hanabiwings!!! i LOVE YOU!! haha ... wow ... so much meaning behind the mini-album ... as usual with all her music!! so proud of ayu!! haha ... too bad they didn't ask her why they chose to do a mini-album instead of a regular/full-track one ><"
Old 14th January 2004, 08:50 AM
forgiveness Initiate

ahhh thanks for the translation hanabiwings!! very interesting interview..

Tags
ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, memorial address