[YouTube] [Funny] Utada commenting on Ayumi Hamasaki [Again..] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd May 2009, 04:17 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
I hope nobody minds if i give my 2 cents worth. According to the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (ABRSM), they conduct examinations for a HUGE variety of instruments, including modern percussion and voice. There's even harp lol and musical theory... So technical definitions aside, i would assume anyone who goes in depth into an instrument or musical theory can be considered a musician. And ayu has made a career out of it furthermore with her voice.

Maybe you can say Hikaru is more skilled a musician because she has more muscial knowledge and education but that's about it i suppose.

What gets me about that video is how the interviewer had next to zero knowledge about the J-pop music scene... But i feel it's a good move on Hikaru's part to try to break into the Western market. It's making good use of her multi-lingual abilities.
Why should she knows anything about jpop? Even if it was needed to know Utada better, I don't think she had to need anything but Utada's career in Japan... and not even in depth, only things like... how many albums, how many singles, how well did she sold, etc...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th May 2009, 03:36 AM
ayu trance Initiate

HAHAHAHAHAHHA. her face!
Old 4th May 2009, 02:33 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

i think there are some people who go to those events and substitute utada for ayu, like "well, it isnt ayu...but close enough" hahahaha

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 4th May 2009, 04:18 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Why should she knows anything about jpop? Even if it was needed to know Utada better, I don't think she had to need anything but Utada's career in Japan... and not even in depth, only things like... how many albums, how many singles, how well did she sold, etc...
Hmm perhaps. At least she tried to make a guess haha... Although i think it's hard but i hope Hikki is successful in breaking into the english market.
Old 4th May 2009, 09:23 PM
BEST Initiate

Lindsay Lohan / Paris Hilton??!! OH LORD PLEASE~~~

Tags
interview, utada hikaru